FR photos

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby pocketpit » July 23rd, 2008, 11:09 pm

We've been busy the last several weekends attending some dog events and thought a few of you might enjoy the photos.

The last weekend in June we drove up over the border for the Langley Ring Club trial. It was hot as hades and my dog blew my hopes at passing level one when he broke his toe on open field day. However we still enjoyed ourselves and I was able to meet and watch Eve's sister/aunt try for her brevet as well as see Mercy's sister trial at ring one.
There are way too many pictures to post but they can be viewed at:
http://imageevent.com/pocketpit/lrcringtrial

The fourth of July weekend was spent at a very small local trial put on by Northwest Suitmen. There were only 6 dogs but the weather was a lot nice and the small entry meant a later start time and being able to go home early for a change.
http://imageevent.com/pocketpit/nwsuitmentrial

And then we spent another weekend cheering on a friend a a dock dogs event. I have never seen the extreme vertical competition in person before so that was a treat.
http://imageevent.com/pocketpit/millcreek2008dockdogs
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » July 23rd, 2008, 11:16 pm

Beautiful dogs, and beautiful photos! That puppy photo with the leash or something in it's mouth and the black and white of the little girl getting a kiss :heartbeat: :heartbeat: !!! What type of dog is the hairy black one?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » July 23rd, 2008, 11:25 pm

Jenn wrote:Beautiful dogs, and beautiful photos! That puppy photo with the leash or something in it's mouth and the black and white of the little girl getting a kiss :heartbeat: :heartbeat: !!! What type of dog is the hairy black one?

If it's the same black hairy dog I'm looking at, it looks like a Bouvier de Flandres...we have two in training for flyball...owned by a friend of mine. They come stay with us occasionally. :D

Great pics...love to see happy dogs having fun!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » July 24th, 2008, 5:13 am

Great shots! Dawn, I was really surprised to see the pics of the attention heeling. I know that I've seen many FR dogs NOT being taught that (instead, they're glued to the hip)...however, it's nice to see since I plan on doing some cross training with both Nisha and Nemo (and I might throw Cy in a Brevet).
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 24th, 2008, 8:11 am

I love this stuff! It's just so neat to see pics of!

In the FR pics, in the 120's and in the 130's there are a few pics of a dog jumping (though it looks suspended!) over something red and white on the ground - what is that?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby nicole » July 24th, 2008, 8:21 am

wow! i can't stop looking at these pics. You got some amazing shots...what beautiful dogs!
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ellie@ny » July 24th, 2008, 8:30 am

AWESOME pictures!!!!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby katiek0417 » July 24th, 2008, 9:28 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I love this stuff! It's just so neat to see pics of!

In the FR pics, in the 120's and in the 130's there are a few pics of a dog jumping (though it looks suspended!) over something red and white on the ground - what is that?

Liz, that's a long jump. The dog has to jump across an obstacle. I love that b/c PSA doesn't have it - but it's a cool thing, and it shows some versatility in the jumping skills.

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 24th, 2008, 10:05 am

How long is it? Looks pretty big.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby mnp13 » July 24th, 2008, 11:02 am

I think the broad jump is 3 feet.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 24th, 2008, 11:05 am

Oh....it looks a lot longer than that! lol

pitbullmamaliz

Postby airwalk » July 24th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Wow, you always get the best action shots
airwalk
I live here

Postby DemoDick » July 24th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Those are cool. Thanks for sharing.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby iluvk9 » July 24th, 2008, 1:00 pm

I am very impressed! The dogs just seem to enjoy it so much.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby katiek0417 » July 24th, 2008, 2:37 pm

mnp13 wrote:I think the broad jump is 3 feet.

Actually, in Ring 3 it can be UP TO 14 feet; in Ring 2 it can 9.8 to 11.4 feet (the points will depend on how far your dog goes), and in Ring 1 you choose which jump you want to do (broad, hurdle or palisade/wall), but if you choose hurdle then your points will be awarded according to how far your dog jumps.

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Wow! :shock:

I'm impressed as well. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pocketpit » July 24th, 2008, 3:42 pm

Actually, in Ring 3 it can be UP TO 14 feet; in Ring 2 it can 9.8 to 11.4 feet (the points will depend on how far your dog goes), and in Ring 1 you choose which jump you want to do (broad, hurdle or palisade/wall), but if you choose hurdle then your points will be awarded according to how far your dog jumps.

Katrina is correct. All three jumps are rather large and at each level the amount of points you get for each jump is based on how high or long the jump is set at. There are minimum requirements that must be must be met or you can opt for more points by going higher or farther. If you are not sure if your dog can perform correctly at a bigger increment, your first attempt can be at minimum and then you can try for more points.

And there are folks who train attention heels. I personally prefer one because then I know for sure my dog is focusing on me and not going to blow me off but FR seems to be less about finesse and more about getting the job done so many people don't train like that.
I tried to train Brody to attention heel and to watch me prior to being released for a bite but it just caused him to bark incessantly from stress so I ditched it and went back to the attached at the hip method. I can get nice attention during training as long as there is no decoy present but the conflict it was causing when a decoy was present was messing with his head and since he came with some bad habits already I just quit.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby BritneyP » July 24th, 2008, 4:07 pm

GREAT shots Dawn! Aside from the politics, I actually love FR and have decided to aim my focus for my two personal dogs on that, as opposed to PSA, right now. I like having other FR fanciers to talk to! :mrgreen:

Do you happen to know a girl by the name of Jamie out your way who either competes in or is still training for FR with a young sable GSD named Foenix vom Banach?
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pocketpit » July 24th, 2008, 5:04 pm

GREAT shots Dawn! Aside from the politics, I actually love FR and have decided to aim my focus for my two personal dogs on that, as opposed to PSA, right now. I like having other FR fanciers to talk to!

Do you happen to know a girl by the name of Jamie out your way who either competes in or is still training for FR with a young sable GSD named Foenix vom Banach?

Politics suck! I try to stay out of the whole mess and just train my dogs. However it's caused there to be virtually nobody to train with in our state anymore :( No one I feel that I would like to train with anyway. A great couple named Shannon and Matt just relocated out here last year and I'm looking to hook up with them for training soon. Matt was just passed his certification for NARA as a decoy and Shannon has solid training skills as well as an excellent knowledge of the rulebook. With them being in the area, trips to Canada to train with the club I work with up there and getting them to come down here will occur more frequently now.

I belive the girl you are speaking of trains with Rick Maples out in Seabeck. I was hoping to see them at the trial but very few people showed up at all. The dog seems like a nice one but I have not seen them work in over a year now. I met them once when I went to Rick's place to check out their training and then again last year at a trial as his place. They were still in the beginning stages or work then.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby BritneyP » July 24th, 2008, 6:09 pm

pocketpit wrote:
Politics suck! I try to stay out of the whole mess and just train my dogs. However it's caused there to be virtually nobody to train with in our state anymore :( No one I feel that I would like to train with anyway..

I follow the same philosophy! Unfortunately, it's pretty much the same way out here. There are 3-4 clubs within 3 hours of me, but I would train with my "group" over any of those clubs any day!

pocketpit wrote:I belive the girl you are speaking of trains with Rick Maples out in Seabeck.

I take it he is not someone you would train with? :rolleyes2: :wink: The only reason I ask is because there aren't many GSD's in Ring, so I like it when I see them. :) What dogs do you train for it?
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Sports