RIP Teddy

Postby luvmyangels » July 22nd, 2008, 2:08 pm

I write this message with tears in my eyes and pain in my heart. My dog of 9 1/2 years passed away early yesterday morning. About 6 months ago he had a seizure which we could not determine a cause. We had done bloodwork and xrays with no avail. Over the past few months he has become more and more anxiety stricken. He even ate my house about 3 weeks ago. I noticed him inhaling his food on Sunday and I kept telling him to slow down. I have always held water from my dogs after eating for at least 30 minutes and tried to keep them calm for that time too. What happened is beyond me. He was acting like his regular hyped out self all night. We thought since a storm was coming in that he was just upset about that. The odd part is that the fire alarm which never goes off went off about 4 times that night. My husband checked the battery and entire house and found there was nothing wrong with either. Teddy kept wanting to go outside which is normal when he gets anxious. We went up to bed and kept hearing him cry and whine. My husband went to go check on him and he told me he thought there was something wrong with him. So I rushed down the stairs to check on him and I checked his whole body. When I got to his stomach his side felt distended. I immediately called my friend and then my mother. We all felt it was bloat. I called the emergency vet to let them know I was coming. Mind you it was now 11:45pm as I got the leash on Teddy he collapsed. We got him back to his feet and he walked down the front of the house slowly. We got him in the back of the van and I flew to the vet hospital. They had to get him a stretcher since I couldn't carry him in. When we went out to the car I could tell he was in bad shape. I helped put him on the stretcher and they took him in. They wouldn't let me in the back. I noticed they were all running around getting stuff for him. In a matter of 15 minutes they came back out and told me he was dead. Never did I think it would end this way. I know bloat is preventable but I can't help to think there was more underlying with him. They asked me if I wanted to do an autopsy and I said no since the vet also thought it was bloat. I got to say goodbye to his stiff lifeless body and it hurt so much. I spent the whole day yesterday looking for urns for him. They asked me that night if I wanted to have him in a group cremation or a individual one. I couldn't imagine him begin burned with other dogs and not getting him back. I wanted him back. We had to tell the kids yesterday and they are both very sad as are we. Cookie and Knuckles are doing ok so far but Knuckles layed with me all day.

I love you Teddy!!! We will miss you. :sad2:

I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Marinepits » July 22nd, 2008, 2:17 pm

Oh, Mary Ann! I am SO so sorry! How shocking this must all be. :hug3:

Rest in peace, Teddy.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » July 22nd, 2008, 2:23 pm

Awwww Mary Ann :hug3:

I'm so so sorry, RIP Teddy. :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby muse » July 22nd, 2008, 2:33 pm

Im so so sorry. :(

RIP Teddy. :hug3:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » July 22nd, 2008, 2:43 pm

I'm so sorry Mary Ann :(

RIP Teddy
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » July 22nd, 2008, 2:57 pm

I am so so sorry :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » July 22nd, 2008, 3:48 pm

Mary Ann, my heart is broken with yours. I am so sorry you have lost Teddy. I know the pain is horrible, and I wish I could say something to lessen it for you. :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby jmashaney » July 22nd, 2008, 4:04 pm

I am so sorry to hear that. RIP Teddy. :hug3:
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 22nd, 2008, 4:55 pm

Oh no! I'm so sorry...

RIP Teddy... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » July 22nd, 2008, 5:05 pm

Mary Ann,

I'm so sorry...I wish there was something I could say.

RIP Teddy :cry:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby hugapitbull » July 22nd, 2008, 6:14 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.

Run happy and free at Rainbow Bridge, Teddy.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pocketpit » July 22nd, 2008, 6:20 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. :hug3:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Hundilein » July 23rd, 2008, 7:37 am

I'm so sorry. :hug3:
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby airwalk » July 23rd, 2008, 9:16 am

RIP Teddy, be at peace
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » July 23rd, 2008, 3:54 pm

aw, I'm sorry :(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Our Departed Friends