Breed guess

Postby Hundilein » July 21st, 2008, 9:01 pm

What do you see in this dog? His owners are wanting to rehome him, and my rescue is trying to decide if he fits our "breed criteria" (I can elaborate if anyone wants more info, but I don't want to until I get some guesses to keep everyone unbiased :))

Thanks!

Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby muse » July 22nd, 2008, 11:05 am

Sorta looks like Pit/Akita mix to me. :)
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 22nd, 2008, 11:11 am

maybe skeeter coloring? how big is he? the hair looks kinda short to be a skeeter. :|

whats his tail look like?
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Hundilein » July 22nd, 2008, 12:19 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:maybe skeeter coloring? how big is he? the hair looks kinda short to be a skeeter. :|

whats his tail look like?

I honestly don't know because all I've seen are these pictures. I know...I'm no help at all. Thanks for the opinions though!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » July 22nd, 2008, 12:31 pm

WTH is a Skeeter? In my world skeeter = mosquito and last I checked that was a bug not a dog ;)

I don't see any Akita in there. I had a pit/Akita mix and he looked VERY different.

Other than the crazy ear I can't see much different in the dog, has a very pit bull-esque face. Do you have a side shot?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 22nd, 2008, 12:53 pm

skeeter is an akita
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Return to Rescue