Meet Benny and Goldie

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby gedwin » July 18th, 2008, 11:45 am

Hello my name is Gifty. We have 2 pit/mix (not sure what they are mixed with).

Goldie (orange one) is almost 6 years, my wife got her when she when to an estate sale. The owner had died and the husband could not keep her as he was moving to some BSL location.

Benny (< 2 years maybe) is also a rescue he was a stray and we got him from a very good person who fostered him for 3 months.

They are the best dogs I have owned. They have their moments but who doesn't Smile I will post a picture once I figure out how to load them

gedwin
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 18th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Welcome to the forum! What attracted you to pit bulls?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby gedwin » July 18th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Its a tough guy dog. All the rappers have them, they are mean and kill people. All the brothers have them.

J/K

We did not release that Goldie was Pit when we got her. The owner said she was Staff. Terrier and being as naive as we were thought how bad can a terrier be. One day we took her to a park and a tough guy had a pit bull and asked me about my pit bull. We were a little concerned about our choice at first. We read about the breed and were watchful till we trusted her. She turned out to be the perfect dog. She has her moments with other dogs but other than that never had ANY issues.

When we were ready for a second dog our choice was rescue APBT. Goldie took her time to get used to Benny. We always monitor their interactions. I have had GSDs and small dogs before. But APBTs did for me. There are funny and easy to train family dogs.
gedwin
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » July 18th, 2008, 2:38 pm

Hello and welcome! :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » July 18th, 2008, 2:41 pm

gedwin wrote:Its a tough guy dog. All the rappers have them, they are mean and kill people. All the brothers have them.

8) And all the members of PBT took a collective sigh....

Welcome to the forum. Goldie is quite comical in a cute way.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 18th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Welcome to PBT! :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 18th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » July 18th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby gedwin » July 22nd, 2008, 12:24 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Gifty
gedwin
Just Whelped

Postby Asta » July 27th, 2008, 4:50 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT Gifty :wave2: Goldie is beyond adorable and Benny is a handsome fella :) Gifty is an unusual name, mind me asking where it comes from and what it means?

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions