Home needed for a fantastic cat

Postby Malli » July 17th, 2008, 4:56 am

I just wanted to interject that anyone who takes on a stary cat who has other cats or other cats in the area should have the cat tested for FelV and FIV

oh, and cats suck.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BullyLady » July 17th, 2008, 12:29 pm

Malli wrote:I just wanted to interject that anyone who takes on a stary cat who has other cats or other cats in the area should have the cat tested for FelV and FIV

Yes they should!! It's a quick, simple and relatively cheap snap test that can save you a world full of heartache!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby LMM » July 17th, 2008, 2:23 pm

I have no cats but I've been wanting to rescue one or two. I'm just not sure if my dogs like them.

I'd be willing to find out though. Just throwing that out there.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2008, 3:35 pm

He has actually never attacked our screens, it's the black and white cat that does that when he's fighting with Fay and/or Merlin. He has actually jumped up and hung from them a couple of times. :rolleyes2:

I think he'd be a good barn cat, he's already used to being outside. He's always been very friendly with me.

I'll crate him next time I see him if either of you are seriously interested. Let me know, because once I get him I'll have to deliver him same day.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SassyCassie » July 17th, 2008, 4:13 pm

If Jenn could provide an indoor home, that would probably be better. If she is not interested, I can probably take him.

Got a pic? Always helpful for encouraging DH.
The root of ALL evil at dotcorny
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » July 17th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Hahaha!! I was just going to suggest that if he was used to being outdoors, then a barn life might be more ideal lol

That's my only concern. I do not want an indoor/wants to be outdoor cat. I had one, it didn't work out too well :rolleyes2: I definitely would be willing to see if the dogs would tolerate him or not. I know my foster was tested with cats and did ok but the other ones, I have no clue.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » July 17th, 2008, 5:05 pm

Uh, hello! I have two POUND cats that need a home, too! And they've been looking for a LONG time now.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=24184
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Mail'em to me! :shock: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LMM » July 17th, 2008, 8:57 pm

I'd love to help but we aren't close geographically! I can't see how they'd do with my pups and vice versa!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby SassyCassie » July 17th, 2008, 8:57 pm

Jenn, why don't you try him out, and if it doesn't work, I can still take him. It's not like i'm actively searching so the home will still be there. I am not a big fan of outdoor cats b/c of the dangers but I won't have another indoor cat again.

The one exception is if we can find a Maine Coon cat. They are awesome and DH said if we get one, it can live indoors. But we have to wait until our current cat is gone. We have tried 4 cats over the years and she has made it quite clear that she is the one and only allowed in the house. If we break the rules, she will punish us. For years. She never forgets a slight.
The root of ALL evil at dotcorny
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » July 17th, 2008, 10:27 pm

I love my Main Coon mix, they are great cats. I had a Ragdoll as well, they are gorgeous and sooo friendly.

Jenn, I'll give you a call when I get my hands on him again. He looks just like Faye, but he has dangly bits.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » July 18th, 2008, 9:36 am

Ok, sounds good :)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenny » July 22nd, 2008, 12:07 pm

DemoDick wrote:I have a home for the bastard...buried in a hole in the woods behind our house. If I ever catch him messing with our screens again he's going to cross that goddamn "rainbow bridge" before his feet even touch it.

Demo Dick

OMG LMAO
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Rescue