Home needed for a fantastic cat

Postby mnp13 » July 16th, 2008, 7:14 pm

We have an ultra-friendly stray cat in our neighborhood that I would really like to find a home for.

He's a brown tabby cat, very friendly, very talkative, follows me around like a puppy, rolls over onto his back for petting and tries to come into the house. He's intact and currently has fleas, though I'm going to be picking up some flea treatment tomorrow or Friday. He's not owned as far as we can tell. I saw him on Monday and he has a wound the size of a quarter behind his right ear, it is scabbed over, but has a large piece of skin hanging from it. It doesn't look infected though.

I'd like to get him neutered and fully vetted, but just don't have the fundage.

There is no way for me to take him in, he and Merlin have it out through my screens regularly... I'd deal wth that, but Demo said absolutely no.

Does anyone have any room for a great kitty?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » July 16th, 2008, 7:16 pm

:wave2: How about a road trip to Florida??? :|
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » July 16th, 2008, 7:18 pm

as a "feral" because you don't know where he came from etc.... you could get him fully vetted shots and spay on a sat am at 7am in albany... for 35.00 donation....

however that doesnt solve the problem of where to place him after.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby mnp13 » July 16th, 2008, 9:17 pm

I tried to contact a feral group out here, but because he's friendly they weren't interested in helping.

Yup, the underlying problem is where to put him after.

christine - watch out or I'll be putting him in the mail!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » July 16th, 2008, 10:17 pm

I have a home for the bastard...buried in a hole in the woods behind our house. If I ever catch him messing with our screens again he's going to cross that goddamn "rainbow bridge" before his feet even touch it.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby amazincc » July 16th, 2008, 10:19 pm

christine - watch out or I'll be putting him in the mail!

Do you need stamps??? :dance:

I really do wish you could get him to me... he sounds like a sweetheart.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » July 16th, 2008, 10:20 pm

DemoDick wrote:I have a home for the bastard...buried in a hole in the woods behind our house. If I ever catch him messing with our screens again he's going to cross that goddamn "rainbow bridge" before his feet even touch it.

Demo Dick

You are SUCH a softie. :rolleyes2: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby maberi » July 16th, 2008, 11:11 pm

I'll help you dig

If nothing else it will give me a reason to have a nice cold beer :|

DemoDick wrote:I have a home for the bastard...buried in a hole in the woods behind our house. If I ever catch him messing with our screens again he's going to cross that goddamn "rainbow bridge" before his feet even touch it.

Demo Dick
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 16th, 2008, 11:13 pm

make a bigger hole, I have a cat too.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 16th, 2008, 11:14 pm

I'd like another cat, but Thorn hates cats... :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » July 16th, 2008, 11:15 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:make a bigger hole, I have a cat too.

Hmm, maybe we can turn this into a party. This cat we have won't seem to die on us, but maybe there could be some sort of accident :|
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 16th, 2008, 11:18 pm

mine keeps trying to run out the door. she could accidentally run into Demo :|
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby DemoDick » July 16th, 2008, 11:39 pm

This cat we have won't seem to die on us, but maybe there could be some sort of accident

It is well known that cats are curious. Like children, they are also fascinated by guns. Perhaps we could arrange a kitty play party at my house, and just let things happen naturally. We could all go to dinner and come home and dig a hole.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby DemoDick » July 16th, 2008, 11:40 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:mine keeps trying to run out the door. she could accidentally run into Demo :|

I actually kind of like your cat.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 16th, 2008, 11:40 pm

I also have a very curious sister.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 16th, 2008, 11:40 pm

she's okay...for a cat.

she touches my boobs a lot. :nono:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » July 16th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Sounds good to me

I'll throw him off your deck like a clay pigeon and you can do your best to get him before he hits the ground. Shouldn't be too hard, he is pretty obese

DemoDick wrote:
This cat we have won't seem to die on us, but maybe there could be some sort of accident

It is well known that cats are curious. Like children, they are also fascinated by guns. Perhaps we could arrange a kitty play party at my house, and just let things happen naturally. We could all go to dinner and come home and dig a hole.

Demo Dick
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 16th, 2008, 11:43 pm

LMAO

then you'll have the hard job throwing him.

I'll make a cake for our party :dance:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby DemoDick » July 17th, 2008, 12:01 am

LaylaWoobie wrote:she's okay...for a cat.

she touches my boobs a lot. :nono:

Understandable.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby SassyCassie » July 17th, 2008, 1:22 am

I have a home for a barn cat. I tried once before with a wild cat at the dotcorny building. We kept her crated for like 2 months, let her loose in the barn and she took off. I actually wouldn't mind a friendlier cat. So, if an outdoor home is acceptable, it might work.

ETA: Upon rereading, did Demo say he is shredding screens? If so, I will have to pass. DH said one more pet and he's out of here, outdoor pets usually tolerable (he didn't mind the other cat), and he likes cats but we are firm on no more indoor kitties. And he just fixed the screens from the dog shredding them. We have one PITA indoor cat and are just waiting for her to cross the rainbow bridge. And she doesn't like other cats anyway.

If you think he will be happy living in the barn, playing with the kiddies outdoors, then maybe. I leave it up to your judgement. It almost sounds like he's someone's pet that got dumped. (I HATE people that do that to their pets) :mad2:
The root of ALL evil at dotcorny
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Next

Return to Rescue