**UPDATE got email from sr. reporter for tv newsstation**

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby annieinpa » January 19th, 2006, 5:40 pm

I recieved an email from a friend. It's about the positive of pit bulls, and shows who they are.

I'm going to try and attach the site in this post so you can all watch the video.

I hope this works if not I'll try to get it on here another way.

If you can watch it I hope you enjoy it.

http://slideroll.com/show.php?s=0qywsgeq
Last edited by annieinpa on January 19th, 2006, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby luvmyangels » January 19th, 2006, 5:54 pm

That was a powerful and well done message. Thanks for sharing. I will be sure to get it out to all I know to see.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 19th, 2006, 6:36 pm

i have this slide show posted in the gallery under bsl videos:)
Maryellen
I live here

Postby annieinpa » January 19th, 2006, 7:51 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't know. :oops:

I got an email back from Bob Reynold's who works at wnep tv 16 news station.

This is the email I sent and the reply: Let me know if you think it sounds good.
Here it is:

Ann:

Thank you for the note. Please tell me where you are located.

Best Regards,

Bob Reynolds
Senior Reporter
NEWSWATCH 16
WNEP-TV
16 Montage Mtn Road
Moosic, Pa 18507
1-800-982-4305
Cell (570) 954-7990
http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... v=HMOj6k7y
----- Original Message -----
To: newstip@wnep.com
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 4:15 PM
Subject: Fw: Positive Pit Bull Press

To Whom It May Concern:

I saw on your news broadcast awhile back regarding the pit bull attack on another dog. I feel for the family that lost their dog. I was wondering if you would consider doing a Positive Pit Bull Press. You never show how good the breed is, or the jobs they do. Pit Bulls are police dogs, therapy dogs, family dogs.

Can you please watch the video at the end of this email? That's all I"m asking as a responsible Pit Bull owner. Our breed isn't bad, it's the irresponsible owners.

Please stop attacking the Pit Bull Breed. Any dog can bite and attack, especially if they are chained up 24/7.

Please help us educate the public.

Thank You,

Ann Zubris DDB PA Rep

http://www.dogsdeservebetter.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Fw: Positive Pit Bull Press
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:51:11 -0500

Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:33 AM
Subject: Positive Pit Bull Press

<<See the video on pit bull discrimination--a message to the media--produced by Bless the Bullys.

I've been saying this for months: The media is fully responsible for the death sentences put upon the pit bull. I don't understand why there haven't been any repercussions for the media's blatant mistruths and for their goal to mislead the public. If we were celebrities, and publications were printing fallacies and myths about us, we would be able to sue for millions of dollars.

A great video from http://www.blessthebullys.com

http://slideroll.com/show.php?s=0qywsgeq >>>>
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 19th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Looks good!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby annieinpa » January 19th, 2006, 8:10 pm

I hope this will help the pittie breed. If I get anymore info on this I will share, I might need some PA people to join me (I don't do good talking in front of alot of people, I get very nervous and talk fast).
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » January 19th, 2006, 8:30 pm

annieinpa wrote:I hope this will help the pittie breed. If I get anymore info on this I will share, I might need some PA people to join me (I don't do good talking in front of alot of people, I get very nervous and talk fast).

If you need people, let me know, I'm all for travel! I went to NJ last spring for a SurePets party!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby annieinpa » January 19th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Really? Thanks!!!
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BullyVW » January 19th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Ralph and I are in the WNEP viewing area...and he's a doll.
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 19th, 2006, 9:28 pm

annieinpa wrote:Really? Thanks!!!

YUP!!

My boss loves my dog, and give me 'free' time off to bring her to therapy once a week. I told him about the READ program, and he said I could do that as well.

Give me a time and date and I'll be there!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » January 19th, 2006, 10:39 pm

trust me annie, michelle traveled 5 hours to my house for CBS to do a puppy ware party with Ruby.... i had 4 pits, a rott, a greyhound, and a pit/rhodesian in my living room.... speaking of which, if i get the reporter for the star ledger who you spoke to to come to my house to do an interview on the nj bsl bill michelle are you and ruby up for another visit??? maybe convince charles to bring dreyfus and diamond to??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby mnp13 » January 19th, 2006, 11:03 pm

sure!!!

Charles - we could car pool!

What a ride THAT would be! lol
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » January 20th, 2006, 9:15 am

I'm driving. :wink:

It would be fun.

The creator of that slide show has been invited to join here. This is her site. http://www.blessthebullys.com/index.html

I'm working on a idea for my club to make some Public Service Announcements to air on local TV and Radio stations as soon as we are non profit. I belive they have to for free.

I'm thinking we can just do these power point style presentations and keep the cost of production down.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby annieinpa » January 20th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Thanks everyone. I haven't heard anything else from Bob Reynolds yet :(

I also sent an email to the local newspaper to see if they will do a positive report on our bully breed. haven't heard from them yet.

I was wondering if for FunFest (happens in Sept) they would let Dogs Deserve Better be in the parade and at the same time show the public the positive side to the pit bull. (i'd bring my pittie, and maybe I can get some dogs who need to be adopted to come. And maybe even have a stand there so people can get brochures, and educational packets.

I would need help on getting the educational packets together for the pit bull breed. I have brochures for DDB (which also has pics of pitties).

I'll have to ask my mother in law if her friend still has part in orgaznizing the funfest.

If so and I'm able to pull this together, is there any volunteers?
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BullyVW » January 20th, 2006, 4:57 pm

I'll walk a dog in need of a home!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby annieinpa » January 21st, 2006, 5:14 am

Thanks, when it gets closer to the Funfest I'll let everyone know. I hope I can get a stand and get to have the dogs in the parade.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull Talk