New Kennel in the Making?????

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby SamIAM » March 27th, 2006, 12:14 pm

I just wonder why if she is so against dog fighting why is she using game bred dogs and supporting them finacially?
SamIAM
Just Whelped

Postby pLaurent » March 27th, 2006, 11:12 pm

And why does her site have links to clothing that say things like "Scars are Pretty" and "Til death do us part"?
http://www.dead-game.com/www/

And writing "lame-o" after the links doesn't change the fact that by including them she IS endorsing them.

She doesn't promote dog fighting, but does promote the people who do. :|

But it's okay, because she writes "Sorry if this offends anyone" at the end.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 27th, 2006, 11:32 pm

But "Hoodies" are evil!!!!! :fire:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby JCleve86 » April 2nd, 2006, 4:49 am

I think the difference between the Hood Hounds and the game/fighting dog t-shirts is that the Hood Hounds are specifically marketed towards children and will reach a HUGE audience, whereas it's going to take a damn smart, computer savvy, unsupervised 5 year old to find the fighting dog shirts.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » April 2nd, 2006, 10:26 am

Well... I think the difference between Hood Hounds and the Game Dog T-shirts is that the Hood Hounds are geared towards an African American "ghetto" crowd and the Game Dog crap is geared towards WHITE red necks.

I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but I'm not the only person who has seen racism from Ms. Diane Jessup. :|
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby pLaurent » April 2nd, 2006, 10:56 am

whereas it's going to take a damn smart, computer savvy, unsupervised 5 year old to find the fighting dog shirts

5 year olds, no. 10+ year olds for sure could find anything.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby girlie » April 2nd, 2006, 11:02 am

odnarb wrote:But yes, I am being selfish about it. i've been waiting for years for somebody to get some gamebred dogs and start breeding them in an ethical manner. And, this is one step closer.

She is the only individual that breeds game dogs in an ethical manner?
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 2nd, 2006, 1:34 pm

Magnolia618 wrote:Well... I think the difference between Hood Hounds and the Game Dog T-shirts is that the Hood Hounds are geared towards an African American "ghetto" crowd and the Game Dog crap is geared towards WHITE red necks.

I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, but I'm not the only person who has seen racism from Ms. Diane Jessup. :|

No Missy, you are not.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » April 2nd, 2006, 1:36 pm

pLaurent wrote:
whereas it's going to take a damn smart, computer savvy, unsupervised 5 year old to find the fighting dog shirts

5 year olds, no. 10+ year olds for sure could find anything.

And thye can see them as the people who buy them wear them on the street.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby odnarb » April 2nd, 2006, 2:25 pm

pitcess wrote:
odnarb wrote:But yes, I am being selfish about it. i've been waiting for years for somebody to get some gamebred dogs and start breeding them in an ethical manner. And, this is one step closer.

You know of somebody who health tests and titles gamebred breeding stock? By all means, lead us to that person!
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby girlie » April 2nd, 2006, 2:46 pm

Who I know is just that...who I know.

I was asking if she is the only one in your eyes. You seem to be knowledgable and are very much a supporter of her, which is cool with me. I was just wondering if you knew of anyone else or if you are like many others that just cannot see anything beyond her.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby JCleve86 » April 2nd, 2006, 2:56 pm

odnarb wrote:
pitcess wrote:

You know of somebody who health tests and titles gamebred breeding stock? By all means, lead us to that person!

I second that motion! There are plenty of folks out there breeding real gamedogs, and plenty more breeding dogs off of game stock (for show, hog hunting, etc.). What I haven't seen yet is someone with gamedogs or game stock health test...of course my search has been limited to what is online and what the folks I know know of...
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby odnarb » April 2nd, 2006, 3:04 pm

pitcess wrote:Who I know is just that...who I know.

I was asking if she is the only one in your eyes. You seem to be knowledgable and are very much a supporter of her, which is cool with me. I was just wondering if you knew of anyone else or if you are like many others that just cannot see anything beyond her.

I have yet to see anybody breeding old school lines that health test their dogs, or get titles on them that I find valuable. I want to see performance titles that prove to me that the dog has something in that thick cranium, so conformation and weightpull titles don't mean much to me. The minimum I want to see is a CD (preferably CDX), SchHB, or FR Brevet. Also of interest to me would be AKC, NADAC, or USDAA agility titles.

I've had a lot of people tell me things that are obviously not true about the quality and ability of their dogs, as well as lie about health tests. It's come down to trusting nobody, so if you don't have proof, I'm not going to believe you. Sorry, but the fact that the breed is loaded iwth morons and crooks has ruined the honest handshake for me.

Supporter of Diane? Not sure I'd go that far. I just don't see her as the antichrist that many do, and think that her breeding program could have a lot of potential. I think she's a super nice lady, but we don't see eye to eye on many, many things.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby girlie » April 2nd, 2006, 3:11 pm

Oh, I am in no way trying to publicize who i know or what they do (breeding practices)....that's why i say....that's what I know. If someone was to mention a person or kennel that i had personal knowledge of, yes i would comment.

And I completely understand about the "honest handshake".
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 2nd, 2006, 3:12 pm

Just curious as to what everyone's definition of game dog is here in referrence to this topic?
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby odnarb » April 2nd, 2006, 3:19 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:Just curious as to what everyone's definition of game dog is here in referrence to this topic?

I mean old school lines, not necessarily game dog. While there can be some overlap, they can also be very different.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 2nd, 2006, 3:25 pm

Patcheeno

ADBA registered & UKC single registered
Mostly Kingfish/Clouse
his pedigree is up on my site and also in more detail on online pedigrees

UKC CH (3 legs towards his GRCH) ARBA Master CH O.W.'s Kap-Patcheeno Quake, CGC, Therapy dog Certified, DNA-P, Penn Hip clear of HD, OFAca cleared by a cardiologist w/ doppler at 7 years old
Yes he also has working drive too and is both food and toy motivated.

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 2nd, 2006, 4:09 pm

That should say 6 1/2 not 7 ooops I'm rushing his b-day LOL

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » April 2nd, 2006, 5:37 pm

Here's the problem with health testing gen 1 and then breeding. Gen 1 dogs are often healthy, as in the case of the designer mutts. The recessive genes for the problems are still there. Gen 2 often shows these problems, and Gen 3 almost certianly will. Doing one of those suqare things will back this up.

Is she going to keep every dog of all three generations and health test them all? That is the only way that the line would be proven free of the commonly tested genetic problems.

It would be great if more of the game kennels tested their stock, but come on, the dirt bags fighting their dogs don't need to have healthier dogs. Personally I hope every line dies out completely. And according to Diane's own words, the kennel she got Havoc from fights their dogs.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pLaurent » April 2nd, 2006, 5:38 pm

I think she's a super nice lady

There are lots of "super nice" people out there, doing things with animals that are not exactly ethical.

I hear this all the time from people buying from bybers. "Oh but she's SO nice, and just loves her dogs!" which really has nothing to do with anything.

Am not pointing fingers at anyone - just a general observation.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk