Weight Pull, Sept 13, Barto PA

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 10:22 am

PA Early Fall Challenge Weight Pull

Saturday, September 13, 2008
A one day, IWPA(http://ipwa.net/)sanctioned, All breed, wheeled event
held on dirt drive at Orchid Hills Training

http://OrchardHillsTraining.com/

Entries: 7am to 9am *A $5/dog late fee will apply for entriestaken after 9am

Weigh in: 7am to 9:15am

Handler's Meeting: 9:15am

Start time: Novice will start at 9:45am, pro classes will start at 11am or immediately following the novice pull, whichever issooner.

Entry fee: Pro $20 for the first dog, $15 for each additional dog..you need not be a member of the IWPA to compete, the provisional fee is covered in the entry fee. Novice: $7/dog...a limited amount of harnesses will be available for novice dogs to use

Prizes: TBA

Chief Judge: Melissa Kehler -http://www.alaskandream.org

Organizer: Sheryl Franklin (610-792-4597) orsheryl@sheryl.org

Directions
-http://orchardhillstraining.com/directions.html

Directions from Allentown, Harrisburg, Central New Jersey: I-78 E orW to Allentown. Exit at Cedar Crest Blvd. south toward Emmaus (LehighValley Hospital will be on your right). At ?T? turn right (ChestnutStreet / PA-29 S) continue south on PA-29 to the merge with PA-100 S.Continue to Hereford, then stay on PA-100 S four more miles to Bally. Inthe middle of town is Longacre Electric (orange and blue sign) turn rightonto N. Church Street, go up hill approx. 1 mile. See pond on left side,turn left onto Bella Vista Lane. Continue on dirt drive until you come tothe agility fields and our white fabric covered structure.

From Pa. Turnpike: Take the Northeast Extension I-476 to the Quakertownexit, bear right onto PA-663 S (heading to Pennsburg). In Pennsburg, atintersection with PA-29 there is a Wendy's and a Rite Aid Pharmacy, turnright onto PA-29 N to town of Hereford (Turkey Hill convenience store andlight). Turn left onto PA-100 S to town of Bally (continue asabove).

From Philadelphia: PA-422 or PA-73 to PA-100 N to town of Bally. AtLongacre's Electric, turn left onto N. Church Street. Go approx. 1 mile,on left you?ll see a pond, turn left on Bella Vista Lane. Follow till yousee agility fields.

For Mapquest or Google Maps, use Bally PA as your destination and follow
directions above.

Site Amenities:
Port-A-Potties will be available on site. You must clean up after your dogs; failure to do so may result in excusal from the pull.

Hotel /Motel Info
Hotels that accept dogs are becoming more difficult to find; please be responsible. Hotels may charge an additional fee for pets. All hotels are about 15-40 minutes away from the pull site with the exception of the Cab Motel, which is only minutes away.
Motel 6 Pottstown 78 Robinson Street, Pottstown Pa. (610) 819-128815 Minutes Away
Comfort Inn Pottstown SR 100 & Shoemaker Rd., Pottstown, PA(610) 326-5000 20 Minutes away
Comfort Inn & Suites 1905 John Fries Hwy, Quakertown, PA (215)538-3000 30 Minutes away
Extended Stay America Allentown-Bethlehem 3050 Schoenersville Rd,Bethlehem, PA (610) 866-8480 35 minutes away
Sleep Inn Allentown 327 Star Road, Allentown, PA (610) 395-6603 35minutes away
Comfort Inn Bethlehem US 22 and Rt. 191, Bethlehem, PA (610)865-6300 35 minutes away
Microtel Inn ? Allentown 1880 Steelstone Road, Allentown, PA 35minutes away
Red Roof Inn Allentown Bethlehem 1846 Catasauqua Road, Allentown,PA (610) 264-5404 35 minutes away

Parking & RV & Camping Information:
There is plenty of parking on site. Overnight parking ofself-contained, RV?s, and tents will be permitted at the site for Friday& Saturday nights only. There is a $20 per night fee and we ask that you arrive before 9 Pm as this is a residential area. No hook-ups areavailable.
To setup for RV & Campting, please contact
Orchard Hills Training Center -http://orchardhillstraining.com/ -
Bella Vista Lane, Barto, Pa 19504

Beverly Melcher
Phone (610) 845-7022
Fax (610) 845-0722
Email: GRushTes@aol.com

Vendors:Food Vending
Dog Equipment -http://www.alaskandream.org (harnesses, leashes, toys, muchmore)
If you are interested in setting up as a vendor, please contactsheryl@sheryl.org

Please note:

All IWPA rules apply.
This is an all breed event...mixed breeds are welcome too.
All dogs must be under physical control at all times, and on a 6ft leashor smaller..no flexi's
No human aggressive dogs or dog aggressive humans are allowed.
Come prepared to clean up after your dogs. Anyone not cleaning upafter their dogs will be told to leave.

No drugs or alcohol allowed. Violaters will be told to leave.
Spectators and Novice are allowed and welcomed!
Rain or shine event.
Come prepared with crates, the holding area will be enforced!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » July 15th, 2008, 10:52 am

Are you going?
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 10:59 am

I want to.

why?
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » July 15th, 2008, 11:07 am

Just wondering

Earl would pull if I asked him to but I'm pretty sure a gangly lab would get destroyed

Karma? Well at 30 lbs she could probably pull a ton of weight for her size but she would probably just sit there and shake with everyone staring at her :crazy2:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 11:10 am

so bring Earl, poor Karma would have a heart attack

Layla isn't any good yet :|
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 11:27 am

okay I just called...the Cab Motel doesn't allow pets, not sure why Missy had that one listed :|
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 15th, 2008, 11:39 am

Only one day...? :?
We'll going to the August PA pull for two days,Missy will be the judge there as well. :)
Have fun you guys! :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 11:59 am

which one is that?

oh, and I also just realized I put the 18th in the title and its the 13th, my bad.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 15th, 2008, 12:08 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:which one is that?

oh, and I also just realized I put the 18th in the title and its the 13th, my bad.

PENNSYLVANIA
NEW ENGLAND PULLERS ASSOCIATION
PORT CLINTON (O) WPULL

Aug 23; Melissa Kehler (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Wheels-B Entries 8-9 am Pull 9:30 am
Aug 24; Melissa Kehler (Beth Jones backup) WPULL Wheels-A Entries 8-9 am Pull 9:30 am

DOS $25, $20 2nd entry 2 or more dogs/same owner/each day; PE $18, $15 2nd entry 2 or more dogs/same owner/each day received by August 16, 2008

Port Clinton Ball Field, Pine Street 19549; From I-78 E take exit 29 B/I-78 W take Exit 29 A (Pottsville/RT61), Go North on Rt 61 2 miles. After crossing the Schuykill River the road narrows to one lane. Take 1st left turn lane into Port Clinton (Broad St.). Crossover small bridge and railroad tracks. Left on to Pine St. to ball field.

Chairperson: Dave Heffelinger (610) 562-5347 alaskandreammals@aol.com
Event Secretary: Douglas Hamilton, 292 Grassy Hill Road, Lyme CT 06371-3302 (860) 434-3565 bluemoonkennel@sbcglobal.net
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 12:10 pm

hmm, okay thanks. :)

that's really weird.

#1- that's my birthday weekend
#2- its right near my dads house
#3- Beth Jones is my aunts name
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 15th, 2008, 12:16 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:hmm, okay thanks. :)

that's really weird.

#1- that's my birthday weekend
#2- its right near my dads house
#3- Beth Jones is my aunts name

LOL That means YOU HAVE TO COME!!!!!!! :wink:
You don't even have to pay for motels!!! :)
Beth Jones from CT?
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 12:17 pm

nope, she's Beth Jones from PA, not the same person, just the same name! just a weird coincidence!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » July 15th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Oh OK!
But still YOU HAVE TO COME!!!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 15th, 2008, 12:39 pm

hmm maybe, now I have to figure this all out
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » August 20th, 2008, 8:35 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:hmm maybe, now I have to figure this all out

So,how did you decide?
We'll be there... :wink:
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » August 20th, 2008, 8:47 pm

we're starting to pull at our training building this coming week and its the first time she'll be in front of a cart, so we'll have to see how she does!

maybe we'll head down sometime in september, but she's definitely not ready for this weekend
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » August 21st, 2008, 12:11 pm

Oh OK!Good luck with the training!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » August 21st, 2008, 12:16 pm

thanks, I'm sure we'll see you somewhere in the not-so-distant future :)
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Moe » September 6th, 2009, 12:24 pm

Nevermind..LOL this was last year! darn!
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Return to Sports