Furminator VS. Cat

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 8th, 2008, 8:03 pm

5 minutes, Miss Grizzabella Kitty, and the new furminator...Furminator wins!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/ ... 0_3139.jpg
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 8th, 2008, 8:05 pm

Dear god! I bought one, but my cat hates it. I think I'm just gonna have to pin her down and do it. It's amazing!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » July 8th, 2008, 8:29 pm

Holy Cow!!! :shock:

You can make a sweater out of that. :o
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » July 8th, 2008, 8:30 pm

:o Wow
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » July 8th, 2008, 10:03 pm

She looks like my cat, Thorn! I love torties...

I'm jealous of your furminator now...Thorn could stand to lose that much hair too!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby KJS » July 9th, 2008, 2:42 am

OMD!!!!! :o do you think that would work on a Saint?...if so I NEEEEED one!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 9th, 2008, 7:45 am

You should see the hair that we pulled out of Sparky...he is part chow so has that thick soft undercoat under his lab fur...we even pulled some hair off Thorne and she is smooth coated.

I really love this brush, it's not a shaver, and it really targets the undercoat.

RedQueen...how funny that your cat and my pit bull have the same name...
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 9:29 am

Wyldmoonwoman wrote:RedQueen...how funny that your cat and my pit bull have the same name...

I hadn't thought about that last night...lol

Can we see a pic of Miss Grizzabella's face please? :mrgreen:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 9th, 2008, 4:56 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
Wyldmoonwoman wrote:RedQueen...how funny that your cat and my pit bull have the same name...

I hadn't thought about that last night...lol

Can we see a pic of Miss Grizzabella's face please? :mrgreen:

Here you go...
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/ ... 0_2393.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/ ... 0_2392.jpg

I really love my cat, she is very OCD about kneading things and gives me great deep tissue massage
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » July 9th, 2008, 5:33 pm

Guys be careful with the Furminator. It takes out healthy hair along with the dead hair and can break all of the healthy hair that it leaves behind. Plus with the thin skin on a cat you can really dry it out pretty quickly if you use it too much, and they can easily get the equivalent of razor burn from it. Just ask Liisa about the Furminator!!!!

But she must feel very relieved having that much coat taken out of her! Did she really sit for it the whole time??
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 9th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Thanks for that bit of furminator information...I brush her all the time with a regular bristle brush, so she loves being brushed...I would think that you only use the furminator a couple times a year anyways to prevent hair ball puking
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 10:51 pm

thanks for the Miss G. pics...she's adorable! I'll have to post some of my Thorn...(who also LOVES to be brushed)

TheRedQueen

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 10th, 2008, 12:34 am

Does your Thorne go into a cat trance from the sheer pleasure of being brushed? Miss Grizz thinks that being groomed is heavenly...sometimes she will return the favor and pick through my hair...which is kind of creepy and tickles when she flosses her teeth on strands of my hair
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 10th, 2008, 8:41 am

Well, she leaves my hair alone. :crazy2: I'm not sure I could handle that...lol

But when the brush comes out, she comes running to me, and gets on her belly on the floor, all stretched out and purrs like a locomotive...squints her eyes shut and just smushes herself to the ground. :mrgreen:

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 10th, 2008, 9:01 am

My little old man kitty (RIP Toonces) LIVED for brushing. I could brush him 24/7 and he would just close his eyes and purr away. Niobe HATES being brushed, even with a nice soft brush. She tries to bite the brush and squirms and bites and squirms and bites - the brush, not me, fortunately. So I will literally have to scruff her to use the Furminator on her, but it'll be worth it! (when my courage rises)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Vertigo » July 10th, 2008, 6:13 pm

Awesome you found another cat in there!
alex gilman
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » July 10th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Vertigo wrote:Awesome you found another cat in there!

Your posts always seem to make me laugh :lol3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 10th, 2008, 11:34 pm

amazincc wrote:Holy Cow!!! :shock:

You can make a sweater out of that. :o

don't laugh...I have a large bag of kitty hair and someday I am going to knit a Grizzabella afghan...I love her fur...it's so soft...
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 11th, 2008, 11:19 am

OMG!!! That looks like another cat!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ellie@ny » July 14th, 2008, 7:43 am

I've had the same results with my cat,and she's a short haired one...
I love using the furminator! :)
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members