Thank you Yoda - Matt and Heidi My thoughts are with you -

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 2:25 pm

gayrghts wrote:ummmm if Demo or anyone doesnt understand your grieving i'd be shocked....

i'm not really sure that getting drunk is the best way to deal with grief.... however i do know that sitting on the floor sobbing is rather normal.... and doing so with friends is even better.

oh for christs sake, would you relax.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » July 10th, 2008, 2:26 pm

maberi wrote:Lol, Demo is a good guy and I'm sure he would understand (although I wouldn't blame him for giving me a jab after the fact).

And you are right, drinking doesn't help the grieving process but at this point I'm not actually ready to deal with anything, so keeping a little numb for a while is the road I'm taking. (besides, who in their right mind would pass up an excuse to drink heavily) :wink:

Heidi is much better at this type of thing than I am :|

Matt, you do what you have to do. Whatever makes you feel better and helps you get thru this very difficult time. Everyone deals with grief in very different ways.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » July 10th, 2008, 2:26 pm

gayrghts wrote:
i'm not really sure that getting drunk is the best way to deal with grief....

:rolleyes2: Not exactly a good time for a lecture, Heather. :bitchSlap: :hammer: :shutUp:

Matt... I completely understand how devestated you are. Take care of yourself, friend. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » July 10th, 2008, 2:28 pm

maberi wrote:

And you are right, drinking doesn't help the grieving process but at this point I'm not actually ready to deal with anything, so keeping a little numb for a while is the road I'm taking. (besides, who in their right mind would pass up an excuse to drink heavily) :wink:

Heidi is much better at this type of thing than I am :|

I hear ya.... on the road you're taking.... you can only do what you can do.... and deal with the pain you can deal with.... I was not meaning to sound like i was being critical, as much as just saying that i didn't think it was the BEST way.... but it sure is a way that a lot of people choose.... and i don't have a problem with that.... I'm not sure that Heidi is better.... more so that she chooses a different route, or different path or at least it appears that way.... to you.

I don't know how you're coping.... i'm not sure that i'd be coping as well as you seem to be.....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 2:30 pm

okay..
Last edited by LaylaWoobie on July 10th, 2008, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 2:32 pm

No worries Heather, I certainly understand what you are saying and agree it isn't he best way
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby amazincc » July 10th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Heather... honest-to-God... google "SHUT UP". :x
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » July 10th, 2008, 2:32 pm

PLEASE let's get this back on topic. I know everyone is grieving but.....
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » July 10th, 2008, 2:40 pm

maberi wrote:No worries Heather, I certainly understand what you are saying and agree it isn't he best way

You're a classy guy, Matt. :hug3:

Me... not so much. :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 2:42 pm

amazincc wrote:
Me... not so much. :oops:

ditto.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby call2arms » July 10th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Group hug everyone, come on... There's no need for bickering, I think Heather just meant well, although it might have come otherwise.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby demolitionic » July 10th, 2008, 9:36 pm

I for one, would like to know if Greg is as cute as Matt. :wink:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby HappyChick » July 10th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Greg, Matt, and Heidi ~ there's nothing wrong with drowning your sorrows in a bottle of whatever, if it helps to ease the pain. We all know what it feels like. If you are like me, at the same time you drink to the wonderful life force that was your boy, Yoda. Celebrate his life! Grieve as you see fit, just as you loved him as you saw fit. I'm drinking a few with you. God bless!

And Greg, some of my most heartfelt emotions are conveyed when I've kicked back a few. That's when some of us feel comfortable enough to really tell it. OH yeah, and feel free to post of pic of you. :wink:
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 10th, 2008, 11:30 pm

demolitionic wrote:I for one, would like to know if Greg is as cute as Matt. :wink:

I saw Greg in person once...and I have seen pictures...I would "do" him :D

I had a huge double Captain and Diet over dinner and toasted to Yoda...Dave and I went back to the "other place" and looked at Yoda's pictures when he was all covered with mange last night, and both of us feel a great sadness. I think that Yoda was one of those one in a million dogs even though I never got to meet him...I am not so sure that I have any real life friends that would be there to support me like you are supporting Matt.

Greg and Matt...you guys are awesome...a good friend will hold your hair and wipe the puke off your face after you have the worst day of your life
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » July 11th, 2008, 8:19 am

Hi Greg and welcome to the forum. :wave2:

Next time you see Matt, do me a favor and give him a BIG KISS for me? Tongue and all. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby maberi » July 11th, 2008, 8:20 am

I'm not sure Greg wants a black eye to go with his hangover :|

iluvk9 wrote:Hi Greg and welcome to the forum. :wave2:

Next time you see Matt, do me a favor and give him a BIG KISS for me? Tongue and all. :)
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby iluvk9 » July 11th, 2008, 8:22 am

I figured it would be a good time for him to GET a black eye, being all woozy and such. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 11th, 2008, 10:30 am

so I met Greg and if he EVER tells me my buffalo chicken dip will fail again, he's going to get a black eye from someone else.... :bitchSlap:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » July 11th, 2008, 10:54 am

Uh Oh..Matt obviously didn't warn him that picking on Kendall's buffalo chicken dip is a really, really bad idea....oopsie
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 11th, 2008, 11:53 am

I'm going to have a make an announcement about mocking my cooking. :nono:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions