Thank you Yoda - Matt and Heidi My thoughts are with you -

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby greg » July 9th, 2008, 9:08 pm

This is my first post so I have to post here so forgive me if this should be someplace else. I'm a lurker here sometimes but just wanted to let Matt and Heidi know my thoughts were with them today.

I would like to introduce myself as Matt's Friend. I have only known him for about 5 years but it seems like I have known him since I was a kid.

I first met Matt because of work. It was not long before I learned how stand up he was when my best man had to step out at my bachelor party and matt quickly assumed this roll (nothing dirty happened there ladies). Heidi and Matt were not at my wedding which I regret. I'm now separated so I probably saved them 50 bucks and a card which i'm thankful for.

My memory is shot from drinking, but if it serves me right Matt became a proud "papa" to Earl 3+ years ago. I was intrigued. I say "papa" now because while Matt owns Earl and Disciplines him he does not hold this power over his head. Earl is a dog and lives by Matts rules, but he is free to be a dog and to do dog's things. I think this is impressive. I have a little dog named Josie but I sometimes forget that she is a dog and that having muddy feet is a dog thing, or that eating bark is a dog thing. The things that come natural for Matt and Heidi to let their dogs do are stress inducing to me.

I was intrigued by him getting a dog because I did not think for one second he was a dog person. A lizard? Maybe. Cats? Well he had them already. But a dog to me seemed like a ton of work and who's got time for this?? Well work he did. He became pretty involved with dogs. Posting on forums - reading books - watching and loving Earl. And Earl responded 10 fold. I've never met a dog who loves his owners more. He had Earl doing tricks I could never fathom teaching a dog.

Here is where my memory will get screwed up. Soon after Earl they became involved in fostering taking on a litter of pups and I remember going there and thinking this is insane. (SPBR - Yes it was insane). They cared for everyone of those puppies like they were part of their family. It was amazing to see - even when there was no vet care they used their own resources to make sure they made it to the vet or had medicine and food.

I had just separated from my wife and Heidi and Matt would have me over - I became attached to one of the pups. I referred to her as dot head. Josie, as she is now called, had a dot on the top of her head. I adopted her. She has always had an amazing attachment to Matt and Heidi - I think this is because of the way she was treated at their house. They made time for all these dogs and I'm sure if any one of that lot saw them today they would come running.

It was during this time Yoda came into the picture. Christ I could not tell you what I thought the first time I walked up to their gate and saw this guy. Talk about a unique looking dog. He was the poster dog of neglect though. You would never know this months later when yoda looked better than ever.

Some of my fondest memories of Yoda come from his personality. If there was a more carefree loving animal I'm not sure where you would find him. Yoda loved people, he loved matt and heidi. While he looked like he could do some "damage" he was actually very gental and would lay on the couch or climb all over you and make him self comfortable so he could sleep. You could not move but why would you want to when Yoda was so comforatable? He would headbut you if you bent down to pet him because he was most likely standing up to lick you. I had a UFC party at my place that Yoda attended. You could see the doubt in people's eyes as he lumbered about, but within minutes everyone was comfortable because it was obvious all he wanted was to give kisses and have his back scratched. Matt and Heidi had an incredible bond with Yoda that I doubt I could have with Josie. I think this had a great deal with how he behaved towards people.

Karma now rounds out this clan. And while it was difficult to gain her trust at first I think Matt and Heidi have done an amazing job with her. Josie and her now get along so well. I was not sure about girls getting along. They always say to watch this, but good lord they play and chase and play it's amazing.

Matt helped me adopt josie 2+ years ago and later drove with me to pick up my second dog - Artie - up near albany. Memorial Day weekend he helped me bury Arite who had cancer.

I know words are just words but I believe with my entire heart that Yoda, Karma and Earl have had the greatest place to live. Yoda's passing has affected me - First he was a great dog with a great spirit. Secondly I know my friends are hurt and grieving. I can't do anything to take this away, but I want you to know that I'm thinking of all of you.

It seems that Yoda has been an Icon in this community. Partly because of his pointy ears, but also because of his amazing story and his spirit. That does not change.

Matt,Heidi,Earl,Karma and YODA- I drink this beer for you. I love you guys and can't thank you for all you have done for me and my dogs, but for yours as well. I'm sorry for your loss.
greg
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 9th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Thank YOU, Greg. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby gayrghts » July 9th, 2008, 9:16 pm

Greg... thanks for joining and posting.... You've shared a different side of things... not that its not accurate, its just a different view point, and different perspective on things...

Welcome, I hope you'll get comfortable here and join in on the posting...

Sorry to hear about your artie...
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 9th, 2008, 9:17 pm

Greg, what a beautiful tribute.

I remember when Matt was helping you bury Artie - we all grieved for you. Now, we all grieve for Matt.

Hopefully you will stick around and see how fun we can be when we're not mourning for a friend.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » July 9th, 2008, 9:21 pm

Welcome :)

Thanks for your post as well.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby katiek0417 » July 9th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Welcome, Greg. What a beautiful tribute. Welcome to PBT. We hope you'll stick around...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » July 9th, 2008, 9:24 pm

Thank you for being a friend to our friend.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » July 9th, 2008, 9:30 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Thank you for being a friend to our friend.

I second that. I hope you will stay so that we can be your friend as well.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » July 9th, 2008, 9:49 pm

(((GIANT HUG)))

Hi Greg! It's wonderful seeing you here...I want to tell you how sad I was to hear that Artie had cancer and my heart was breaking for you and Josie...now Yoda is romping around up there in doggie heaven with Artie and it's just a sad day all around.
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby nicole » July 9th, 2008, 10:17 pm

what a beautiful post, Greg...you certainly are a true friend to Matt & Heidi

Its nice to see you here, although I certainly wish it was under better circumstances. Glad to hear that Josie is doing well. I'm so sorry about Artie, my sincerest condolences. You gave that boy a chance when no one else would and I'm sure he knew it.
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby madremissy » July 9th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Greg, Welcome to this wonderful arena of friends and family. This is a true testament of how animals that we have never met before can affect all of our lives. We all grieved with you at the passing of Artie and now we are all grieving for Yoda. True friends are very hard to find. I am glad that Matt and Heidi have you there for them.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Greg...so nice to have you here, despite the circumstances. I do remember Matt telling us about Artie...I have tears in my eyes just with the memory. I'm glad Matt and Heidi have you as a friend...especially during this rough time.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby KJS » July 10th, 2008, 2:16 am

What a moving post...Welcome Greg and than you for taking the time to share all those private and personal thoughts with us...it sounds like you have a bond to be proud of there with Matt and Heidi
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 8:25 am

Hey Greg, I've heard a lot about you from Matt. But if you ever post something like that again, I'll kick your ass. :wink:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LMM » July 10th, 2008, 8:39 am

Welcome Greg and thank you *hugs*
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Favorite Kitty » July 10th, 2008, 9:54 am

Greg, that was beautiful. I also wanted to tell you I was sorry when I heard about Artie. I'm glad that you are here now. You and Matt are lucky to have each other. Even if all you do is get into trouble together :doh:
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 9:57 am

Well I have to admit I got a kick out of this post last night. After getting hammered all day I woke up around 1:00 and couldn't sleep, so I jumped on the forum. I have to admit it is pretty hard to make me smile but this definitely entertained me. I did poke a little fun at Greg this morning at work for posting an introduction after drinking heavily all night :wink:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 10:01 am

I'm shocked you would get on forum after drinking
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 10:02 am

Lol, yeah imagine that. It appears to be my only friend when I turn to the bottle :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 10:06 am

Apparently you have Greg too. He loves you. :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Next

Return to Introductions