Pit bull-lab team for FnF?

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby TheRedQueen » July 8th, 2008, 11:19 pm

I haven't seen anything more about the team for FnF...Michelle, Matt, are you guys still in? I really need to know if we're fielding a team or not...so I can find another place for Score.

ETA...I'm reposting it here, as somehow I stuck it in Southeast the first time... :crazy2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » July 9th, 2008, 8:06 am

Earl is definitely in
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 9:22 am

Yea!

I've got a standard poodle that wants to help round out the team too...a green dog also. :D

What we need is a height dog...do we have one of those yet from your team?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Hundilein » July 9th, 2008, 11:38 am

Dang! If I had known my team wasn't going to Blacksburg in August (same weekend), I could have brought Hannah up to run with you guys. What's a 14 hour drive when it means playing flyball with friends?
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 11:42 am

Come on, we still have room! :highfive:

TheRedQueen

Postby Hundilein » July 9th, 2008, 11:45 am

Don't encourage me. I was planning to have my niece run Hannah or our height dog that weekend. I was totally bummed when I found out we couldn't go. I don't know if it would work out timing-wise. My niece lives in NY though, so we do have to take her back up there at some point.
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 11:49 am

Encourage you? What do you mean? :smileUp: (you should go...definitely, it'll be fun!)

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » July 9th, 2008, 1:49 pm

come oooooooooon

Matt - I I'll let you take care of our entry, ok? Just tell me how much I owe.

Important note: if Riggs doesn't get along with the poodle I'll have to pull him, so can we have a backup dog on the team? How does that work?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 2:25 pm

We should have six dogs listed on the C2 form (the day of the tournament)...if we can find that many. If we try Riggs on Friday, and he seriously won't work, we can go in with 5...but six is best. (we can always have Riggs on the C2, and he can just do warm-ups too. The six dogs can rotate through the tournament, however we see fit. We do however still need a short dog...a height dog. Otherwise, they're all jumping 14".

Anyways...we find 6 dogs, get their CRNs for each of them (Riggs does have a CRN, right? If not, just go order one...$20/lifetime number)...and those dogs get listed on Saturday morning. We can change the line-ups up until then.

The entry just has to have the team name...(we need a team name, btw...the club will be FnF since you're handling the entry)...and a seed time. For seed time, since we're not sure of these dogs, I'd put it fairly high...like 24.5 seconds (still gives us time to get 25 point runs without breaking out). A higher seed time also pretty much guarantees that we'll be running against other green dogs.

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 9th, 2008, 2:36 pm

Layla sucks :(
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » July 9th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Don't forget - I won't be there on Sunday and I'm taking pictures on Saturday as well.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hundilein » July 9th, 2008, 3:57 pm

I checked with my mom about our travel plans and it doesn't look like it's going to work out for me and Hannah to be there :sad2: Which extra sucks because I could have brought a height dog who jumps 8". I'm sorry. If anything changes in the next few days, I'll let you know.
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 9th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Bummer...It would have been good to have you run with us, Sarah!

Okay...

So we've got (no particular order)

Score
Riggs
Earl
Kira

that leaves us with two empty slots...

we need at least one height dog...let me see what I can scrounge up.

TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 8:48 am

Erin do I need to register this with our club prior to this? I've never run open before :|
maberi

Postby TheRedQueen » July 10th, 2008, 9:15 am

Just ask your captain if you can put a team in under the FnF club...an Open team. If not, just put it under my team...I don't care. ;) Feel free to put it under 2LH if you'd like. Club name Two-Lane Highway, Club #558. Open goes in just like the other classes (reg. and multi)...there is nothing different about it, except that dogs can be from different clubs.

You'll have to come up with a name..."Flyin' High" popped into my head yesterday, as a combo of Fetch n' Fly and Two-Lane Highway...but it's kinda silly. :|

What you'll turn in will be (for example):

Club-Two-Lane Highway
Team-Flyin' High
Seed time-23.5

No need to worry about dogs, CRNs or anything else yet.

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 9:29 am

um, I dont think you guys have a team. I talked to Kay last night and she said entries are closed and there was never a team entered for this.

Mandy said she may be able to find a spot for you to run Score with someone if you dont have room on any of your teams. Earl obviously has places on the FnF teams, but as far as I know, there's no open Pit Bull team.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » July 10th, 2008, 9:32 am

Ha, perfect :rolleyes2:

So Kay is back in action (totally off topic, I know)
maberi

Postby TheRedQueen » July 10th, 2008, 9:33 am

:x She won't let us stick one more team in?

When did it close?-nevermind...it closed on the 6th. smurf.smurf.smurf.

I am so not happy. AT ALL

ETA...can you call and ask Mandy, Matt? As a favor?

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » July 10th, 2008, 9:36 am

For the record, I'm not running my green dog with a random team...

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » July 10th, 2008, 9:36 am

maberi wrote:Ha, perfect :rolleyes2:

So Kay is back in action (totally off topic, I know)

100% and now she has drugs.

TheRedQueen wrote::x She won't let us stick one more team in?

When did it close?

I dont know, Layla isnt ready to run. I teach on Wednesdays so I hung around and the novice agility class is right after the class I teach, so its all the dogs Layla runs with, so I hung around and talked to a bunch of them and then I was there anyway, so I ran Layla during flyball and talked to Kay. She said the entries are closed, there's about 20 teams or so. You can try emailing her if you want, but I dont know if she'll let you squeeze one in. She said Riggs would only be there Saturday so he couldn't run anyway, so I wasn't going to argue with her because Layla wasn't going to run and its easier not to fight with her.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Next

Return to North East