Critcal Time - Need a Foster Home

Postby TLC » July 1st, 2008, 8:14 pm

Hi everyone...I have posted about Lola in New Jersey, she needs a new home:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24223

...but time is getting more critcal as we speak and at this point, I am fearing a new home isn't happening any time soon. So I am hoping to possibly find a Foster Home for Miss Lola...

The Bully Breed Rescue in CT has been sooooooooooooooooooo kind, they are truly wonderful. Lola has been added to their Petfinder page, but they do not have any foster homes available for Lola while we wait for her perfect family to find her: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=11166979

Time is getting critcial because Lola's owner, my brother must move out of his current home and has yet to find a place for himself to live, let alone find a place that will accept Lola too. So we are literally down to a week to figure out something...

My Mom (whom lives in AZ) and myself have been spreading the word through friends and family who in turn are spreading the word, but nothing solid has come about ...yet...

So I am here now, again, not only looking for Lola's forever home, but now I am searching for a foster home for her, because I just do not know what else to do :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please contact me if you can help....So many people Thank You (you have no idea...)
-Nicole
TLC
Just Whelped

Postby TLC » July 7th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Well, my brother has to be out on Friday July 11, 2008

My Mother and I have been emailing rescue after rescue and we are not having any luck :cry: :cry: :cry:

....don't know what's going to happen now....
TLC
Just Whelped

Postby gayrghts » July 7th, 2008, 10:50 pm

I have no idea what finances are like however....

Sometimes a rescue, such as bully breed rescue will take on a dog and board them at a low cost kennel... and have their volunteers work with the dog there.

I know that "out of the pit's" does this in the albany ny area...

However its tough to find the $$ to board a dog at a kennel... esp for a rescue...

But if your family, was able to offer them some money, either a lump sum, or some each month etc.... a rescue might be able to take her in in that way.

And then the rescue would continue to search for a permanent home for her.

There are several kennel's that will charge a very low rate, like $5.00 a day for a rescue that's doing this type of thing... so perhaps ask the rescue you are working with in Ct about doing that....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby TLC » July 8th, 2008, 10:20 am

Thank you for that advice. I am working with the Bully Breed Rescue in CT - so I just asked if that would be an option. Yes, we as a family would pay for her care, as long as it really were feasible... :cry:
TLC
Just Whelped

Postby muse » July 8th, 2008, 10:27 am

At one time I had both my dogs in either rescues and kennels. Somehow I managed to hold onto them both until I found a place where they could be with me.

Its doable, dont give up, Im proof that if you look hard enough you can manage to keep them.

Good Luck!!
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Return to Rescue