BSL coming to our neighboring town soon

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby luvypitbulls » July 8th, 2008, 8:58 am

I have three dogs 2 bullies and one half lab half bully ...all rescues all wonderful and all well loved by neighbors and friends...no one treats me like it is strange for having these dogs ..except the odd patient I care for who sees a picture on the wall of my office and says "I hate those dogs I can not believe a nurse would have them" I just let it go with a comment like "oh you are so missing out by feeling that way" and care for them ..they do not know any better...

My husband came home upset the other day because we live in one town and the neighboring town where we get our tags is now putting into effect a BSL! We are not sure how this will affect us or the other folks in our town who have bullies ..on our walks we see quite a few folks who I think I am going to have to start talking to ...

My husband plans to try to take some action before this is put into affect but who knows ...I know why they are pushing it in this town ..it is crime ridden and there are backyard bullie breeders who have those horrible spray painted signs out saying "PIT BULL PUPPIES $100 OBO"
I wish they could legislate backyard breeders is what I wish! not the breed!!!

I am a bit worried but know there is no way in hell I am giving up my dogs for any reason ..every one of them came to me after a horrible back yard breeding took it's toll ... being near death and saved by a wonderful organization ..I feel fortunate I can give them a "forever" home full of love ..and no one I know would want me to loose these dogs...

can anyone tell me what you know about when these legislations take effect in the town where your dogs are registered ..not where they reside? ..this town just took on our pet registration a year ago from ours ...if they prohibit Pit Bulls ...even if I do not live there will I not be albe to register my dog?

I am going to make calls this week but wanted to ask if anyone else had had this happen to them.

Please feel free to direct me to a thread about this if I missed it

thanks so much for any and all advice here

I am worried, bummed and need a strategy :(

I really like keeping things out there about pit bulls I want my dogs registered I want folks to see them and be around them and know they are wonderful dogs!!!
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » July 8th, 2008, 9:19 am

where are you located?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvypitbulls » July 8th, 2008, 9:45 am

should I have posted this subject in a different place I am still pretty new here?

I live in PIerce Co, Washington State
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby luvypitbulls » July 8th, 2008, 8:43 pm

sometimes I wonder if it is not "job security" when the first person you call in any state, county or city office..never has the answer or gives you the wrong answer ...(please if you are in this postion do not think I am being offensive ..as a nurse I get the same thing said to me about healthcare all the freaking time)

it always takes a minimum of 3 phone calls to get a specific answer ..and with great fortune we got the right person with the right answers on the third call ...same number ...same question ..three people ..one answer ....and the good part she loves dogs! go figure someone at the tag office loves animals! ..anyway the tags for our city are still following the guidelines of what each town they cover goes with ..so no matter what this city imposes on its people ..our guidlines will remain as is ...so phew for a moment for us anyway ..she told us to google "bsl in PIerce Co" DUH!!! I can not believe I did not think of that simple solution ..and notes we can find some good places to put or energy if we want to support any actions to oppose it ....she could not give us direct numbers of course but she did say there was a lot of info ..

and you I am sure all must know these answers and I am probably taking up too much band width with my slow learning path ...

I just hate talking to people about anything serious when I am not working
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL