Happy to be here!!!!!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Starlight » July 3rd, 2008, 1:10 pm

Hello, I was very exited to find a site that talks about dogs and all their goodness. I have 2 Amstaffs at home and I am having issuse with one.
I have been working with Amstaffs for 5 years now. I am certainly not an expert but I am not carless. I treat my dogs with respect and I give them rules boundries and limitations. They have exersize disipline and affection in the order. I work with my girls everyday but I have issuses that are not getting resolved.
I am not new to the breed of amstaffs. I know know how they work and how diligent you have to be with these dogs. They are they best breed but they have a bad rap and I want to be a good pit owner and to show the world the best of this breed.

I am having some HA issuse and have been seeing a trainer. However I would like to talk to someone who has delt with this issue. I have some questions and wouldn't mind some advise. Please contact me if you are willing to help and please come with an open mind to hearing my story, becasue I am doing everything I know and more.
Thank You
Starlight
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 3rd, 2008, 1:19 pm

Welcome to the forum! Please tell us more about you and how you got into the breed. :)

Once you are approved to post, then you can post your questions in the Training and Behaviour section. We have quite a few owners here who have dogs with "issues" and I'm sure we can offer you some advice. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » July 3rd, 2008, 1:21 pm

Hello and Welcome to PBT :wave2: We have many experienced and caring people here. You will be glad you joined.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 3rd, 2008, 2:25 pm

Welcome! This is definitely a great place to get assistance.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » July 3rd, 2008, 3:02 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Here is a link on what to add to your intro, so you will get access:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=190

Then, you can add an avatar and some photos for us.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9740&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » July 3rd, 2008, 3:41 pm

WELCOME to PBT!!! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby KJS » July 3rd, 2008, 3:42 pm

HAPPY to have you here! :mrgreen:

hello and welcome in!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Starlight » July 3rd, 2008, 3:57 pm

Hello my name is Lauren and about 4 years ago I got married. I was extreamly happy and everything was going well. About 4 months later my husband informed me that we were getting a DOG!
"Absolutly not" I said. I don't know anything about dogs nor did I want one.
I came home from work one afternoon and my husband told me he found a dog in the news paper and we were going to get it. He didn't even give me a chance to think. We hopped in the car and drove 2 hrs. We also brought a friend who has breed dogs in the past and new what to look for in puppies but I still had no idea what was going on.
When I asked waht type of Dog we were getting he said "Pitbull" I said "what" I have no idea what kind of dog that is and what it needs. Man I felt like I was in a dream.
When we got to the house our friend said do not go up to the puppies, let them come to you. They people opened the garage and there were many little white and black puppies. Man they were the cutiest things I had ever seen. We let the puppies come to us and only one really came over to play so we picked her.
In hine sight this was not such a good Idea. Espessially for new dog owners who knew nothing about this breed. I realize that this could have been a bad situation.
On the way home I bonded with my new Baby and named her Sophie. I also made a promise to her and myself, that I would learn everything I could about Amstaffs. That I would be the best dog owner ever and that I would give her a good life.
As I started doing research, I relized that we had a big responsibility on our hands and if we didn't do it right we were going to have huge problems.

Sophie changed my life. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and I am forever greatful to my husband for making me get a dog. I am a huge advocite for this bred and wish that I could save them all. I am always working, reading and training this breed and never feel that there is enough time in the day. I am a better person because of my Sophie and a better dog owner. It was not always easy but with Exersize, Disipline, and affection our Sophie is one of the sweetest dogs we have ever met. She has a wonderful personality and I wouldn't give her up for the world.
Ritter
Starlight
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 3rd, 2008, 4:13 pm

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » July 3rd, 2008, 5:18 pm

Hello and welcome! :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » July 3rd, 2008, 5:26 pm

See? Give them the story and they let you in. :wave2:

Welcome again, Lauren.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Scout » July 7th, 2008, 6:30 pm

Hello! Welcome to PBT! :wave2: Good luck with your dogs. We do have a lot of experienced owners here so I'm sure there will be plenty of advice and opinions for you to look over! :D
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » July 27th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT Lauren :wave2: What a sweet name you picked, Sophie :)
Since i am so late on welcoming you to the forum i don´t know if you had already resolved the problems you were having, if not then i wish you the best of luck! There are so many experienced dog owners on the board and i am sure that it will be ok :)

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions