NIMISHILLEN TOWNSHIP, Ohio Police Looking For Owner Of Dog T

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » July 1st, 2008, 7:03 pm

Police Looking For Owner Of Dog That Attacked 9-Year-Old

POSTED: 9:19 am EDT June 29, 2008
UPDATED: 11:37 am EDT June 29, 2008

NIMISHILLEN TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Stark County authorities are looking for the owners of a dog that attacked a young girl and terrorized a neighborhood, NewsChannel5 reported.

The 100-pound Rottweiler mix attacked 9-year-old Amanda Blind in Nimishillen Township on Friday, NewsChannel5 reported. The canine is described as a large white dog with a black spot on its back and a black spot over its eye.

Deputies said the dog was killed after one resident pulled a shotgun on it in self-defense.

Deputies are looking for a newer full-size white pickup truck seen dropping the dog off in the area of Maplegrove Ave. N.E. north of Georgetown St. N.E. on Thursday evening.

Sheriff Timothy Swanson is requesting that anyone with information regarding the ownership of the dog to contact the Stark County Sheriff's Office at 330-430-3800 or the Stark County
Dog Warden's Office at 330-451-2343.

http://www.newsnet5.com/akroncanton/167 ... etail.html
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 1st, 2008, 7:53 pm

I'm surprised they listed it as a rott mix.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby KJS » July 2nd, 2008, 3:58 am

The canine is described as a large white dog with a black spot on its back and a black spot over its eye.

what the hell kind of dog are they looking for?...certainly not Rotty :rolleyes2:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby gayrghts » July 2nd, 2008, 4:13 am

they are not looking for a dog...

they are looking for owners of a dog...

the dog was killed

KJS wrote:
The canine is described as a large white dog with a black spot on its back and a black spot over its eye.

what the hell kind of dog are they looking for?...certainly not Rotty :rolleyes2:
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby KJS » July 2nd, 2008, 4:38 am

Oh I see...but still they are looking for the "owners" of a large white rotty are they ?...who is to say the people in the supposed truck that was apparently seen are even the owners....
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » July 2nd, 2008, 6:19 am

That is called a "lead" and is all part of the investigation. They aren't saying that the people in the pickup are the DEFINITE owners, but it would make sense to follow-up if someone said they saw the people in that truck dropping off the dog.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby KJS » July 2nd, 2008, 11:10 am

Being suspicious as I am I would say that the people who supposedly saw this apparent truck were probably more involved than they like to admit...and they think seen as the dog is dead anyway and the dog has done something that someone might get charged for we better blame somone else quick smart
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » July 2nd, 2008, 5:18 pm

That's possible as well and also deserves to be looked at. I'm sure the police are looking into all of those options. If this case crossed my desk, I sure would be.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL