blocky collars

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Marinepits » March 30th, 2006, 10:06 pm

a-bull wrote:Well, Sue . . . guess it's time for you to post 'the' picture . . .

What you talking about, Willis?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Purple » March 30th, 2006, 10:09 pm

I just purchased three collars, a harness and a lead from these guys...

http://www.aecollars.co.uk/index.html
Purple
I live here

Postby bullymommy » March 31st, 2006, 2:40 am

sue, purple, a-bull do you not like blockys because of the way they look or have you had bad experiences with them??? either way is cool because i want to get "both "sides!!!!! we got collars just recently from dogma london and i didnt realize just how "dressy" they looked until they got here. with them being fabric im kinda scared to let chub and hannah wear them if we are going to be somewhere where they would want to pull. so we have been attaching the leash to the harness and just having them wear the collars to be pretty and handsome.
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Purple » March 31st, 2006, 7:38 am

We don't like them because of the way they look..... :shock:
Purple
I live here

Postby Sue » March 31st, 2006, 8:31 am

Purple wrote:We don't like them because of the way they look..... :shock:

Yes, that 's all :)
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 31st, 2006, 8:33 am

I love how leather looks but it always makes a mess of the white fur on their necks
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby bustersmama » March 31st, 2006, 5:39 pm

I bought a Blocky Dog collar almost a year ago and I do like them. I like the woman who makes them and the color choice. On that note - Buster doesnt wear his often at all. This is because he has NO neck and with this collar on, it looks incredibly weird. So my suggestion to you would be, try something around your dogs neck that is 2 (add a little exxtra to the width) and see if you like it. Remember they are super Bulky (um blocky too). These 2 inch collars are made for big dogs, or med - big dogs with a neck. Not suited for everyone. I am ordering another one, the 1.5 inch when I wear the new collars out the dogs just got.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby rockermom » March 31st, 2006, 6:02 pm

I dont care for the way they look either. I also would not spend that much on a shirt for myself I be darned if I spend it on a collar. Maybe when we are full grown I might spend a few on a nice collar. Maybe I will learn to make my own.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 31st, 2006, 6:04 pm

I don't like them because they are TOO freakin' big. If you need to choke your dog off for some reason how in the hell are you going to do it with that monstrasity? :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Karen » March 31st, 2006, 6:31 pm

Maryellen wrote:holy cow he has ALOT of collars!! hey karen they have pink spiked collars!!

http://stores.ebay.com/DOG-SUPPLIES-WAREHOUSE

Yeah but I won't make the mistake of putting leather on Dilly again unless it is white or natural. She had a pink neck ring for a month from her deerskin lined one. Plus foriegn tanned hides have formaldehyde and sometimes arsenic. Yuck.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby a-bull » March 31st, 2006, 10:39 pm

Purple wrote:We don't like them because of the way they look..... :shock:

Indeed. :afro:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Malli » March 31st, 2006, 10:43 pm

is blocky a type of collar, or just a wide one??

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby a-bull » March 31st, 2006, 10:47 pm

Well, they are very wide, but there is a brand name "Blocky."
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » March 31st, 2006, 11:26 pm

“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Marinepits » March 31st, 2006, 11:26 pm

Malli wrote:is blocky a type of collar, or just a wide one??

Malli

http://www.blockydogs.com/index.htm
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » March 31st, 2006, 11:27 pm

Magnolia618 wrote:www.blockydogs.com

JINX! :D
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Magnolia618 » March 31st, 2006, 11:31 pm

Ha ha! I beat you!!!! :D

I want to get Maggie a 1.5 inch dual grip with a stripe and her name. I'm just not sure what colors :|

Has anybody else gotten one with a different font for the lettering? It says that they can do others, but I wish they told you what they could do instead of just having to guess. (did that make any sense? lol )
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Verderben » April 1st, 2006, 1:45 am

Maryellen wrote:holy cow he has ALOT of collars!! hey karen they have pink spiked collars!!

I HIGHLT recommend this guys store. We have ordered quite a few collars from him and they have all been good quality and are VERY sturdy. but you have to make sure you messure your dog because some have regular buckles and some slide through the d ring and then buckle. My dogs are VERY hard on collars and these are still holin up. My favorite is the one with the studs spikes and blue jewels.

PS I think the blocky dog collars are way to bulky
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » April 1st, 2006, 12:43 pm

Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby cheekymunkee » April 1st, 2006, 12:52 pm

Verderben wrote:

I HIGHLT recommend this guys store. We have ordered quite a few collars from him and they have all been good quality and are VERY sturdy. but you have to make sure you messure your dog because some have regular buckles and some slide through the d ring and then buckle. My dogs are VERY hard on collars and these are still holin up. My favorite is the one with the studs spikes and blue jewels.

PS I think the blocky dog collars are way to bulky

He's got GREAt collars and prices! I put him in my favorites.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk