#1 Jabari (Lots of pics!)

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby msvette2u » March 31st, 2006, 11:20 am

#1, Jabari, is being sponsored by Mary Ellen!

Jabari's story is a bit dramatic...I dropped off Mom the the vet at around 8:30 am. Her temp had risen to 102.9 and I was freaking a bit. She should have had them, or at least been in more "active" labor at that point!! So we went out driving around until the vet called, and when the vet called she told me, "She's having them and won't take care of them, she is too stressed here, so come get her and bring her home".
When I arrived, Jabari was lying all by himself at the other end of the cage from Mom and he was cold as an ice cube, and still wet!! I could not believe here he was in a VET OFFICE and was almost dying from lack of care!?
(I am trying not to hold it against her as she's the only local vet without having to drive at least 30 miles!) So we brought him home, I had some concerns as he wasn't breathing well but gasping every 5-10 seconds or so. Once he got warmed up he finally came around but not for a good 2-3 hours after he was born.
NOW you'd not know anything like that had happened, they are all doing so well. But...he is a strong, tough little survivor, because his first hour or so wasn't that great!!

The first picture of Jabari:
And Copper was dying of curiosity!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 31st, 2006, 11:22 am

Jabari means Brave, Fearless in African.. thanks so much yvette for posting him for me!!!!!!

(he looks like what rufus would have looked like first born)
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 31st, 2006, 11:39 am

AAAGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CUTE!!!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bullymommy » March 31st, 2006, 4:39 pm

he is a cutie!!! i however being the bitch that i am would have smacked teh vet upside the head for not caring for him!!!! lets see hmmm moms not careing the least she (the vet) could have done was dry him off and keep him warm! JMO!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jesseca » March 31st, 2006, 5:02 pm

bullymommy wrote:he is a cutie!!! i however being the bitch that i am would have smacked teh vet upside the head for not caring for him!!!! lets see hmmm moms not careing the least she (the vet) could have done was dry him off and keep him warm! JMO!!!

That's what I said too!!
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Asta » March 31st, 2006, 5:48 pm

Oh he is so precious! Sorry to hear about the vet experience though :( But he sounds like a trooper, thanks for sponsioring him Maryellen and giving him a suitable name :)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » March 31st, 2006, 5:51 pm

What a stinkin' cutie!! Congratulations MaryEllen!! That's a really great name!
Purple
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 31st, 2006, 6:29 pm

Keep a close eye on this little one as the first 2 weeks are really critical
What a cutie pie! I''ve come to the conclusion that most vets just stink!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby PittieLove » April 10th, 2006, 10:03 am

Little puppy!
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Return to Gallery and Cinema