How do you tell someone . . .

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SisMorphine » March 31st, 2006, 2:33 pm

. . . that they are seeing a bad vet?

I just looked on my Greyhound community and saw that someone's Grey had to be rushed to a vet hospital here in MA. This is a company I used to work for and frankly would not trust them to work on a flea, nevermind my dog. I just want to call her up and tell her to get her pup out of there and drive the extra 30 minutes to Angell Memorial in Boston. But I know from the time of the post that they are probably already in the room with the vet.

Ugh. I just wish people I know would at least try to consult me before bringing their dog somplace in this area. I know the vet's offices pretty well and can tell them where to go for what.

I hope that whatever is wrong with her pup isn't complicated. Because if it is I have no faith in the veterinary team there . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 31st, 2006, 2:43 pm

Ugh, I hope the dog is going to be ok. if it were me? I'd jsut come out & say it. I've never been one for holding back. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 31st, 2006, 4:12 pm

Do you have facts to back up your info, or is it a 'feeling' as to why the vet is bad?

I know, that sounds like a loaded question, but it isn't.

The first vet I saw where I take the dogs was a good vet, I just didn't like her. She was too clinical, didn't want to relate to me or my dog, she seemed to want to 'treat and street'. The second vet (same practice) listened to what I had to say, discussed things with me and made me feel very comfortable. I recommend the second to people even though the first was just as compitent clinically.

You should definately tell her no matter what.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » March 31st, 2006, 4:37 pm

I guess it depends on what you value better, your friendship, or her dog.

Often times I find that suggestions about training or food or veterinary care can go on deaf ears, and I believe I've almost lost a friendship over it, if it weren't for some careful wording.

I just thought I'd mention my experiences so far with these kind of things...

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby bullymommy » March 31st, 2006, 4:43 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Ugh, I hope the dog is going to be ok. if it were me? I'd jsut come out & say it. I've never been one for holding back. :wink:

Yeah im a say it first then think about it later kind of gal too!!!! i would just come right out and say it sis!!!! say hey for the future you really shouldnt go there for this reason and heres why!!! go here i trust them with wallys life!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Asta » March 31st, 2006, 5:01 pm

Ah, touchy stuff.
But i would definately try and break it gently to the person in question aswell. If i was to find out later that the dog had a bad treatment or such i wouldnt be able to stop kicking myself...Now if the owner still stays with the vet i would still feel a whole lot better :)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Off-Topic