Surrey, B.C. Dog owner issues warning after vicious attack o

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 24th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Dog owner issues warning after vicious attack on family pet
Source: CBC News
Posted: 06/22/08 11:07PM

A Surrey, B.C., dog owner is cautioning neighbours after her pet was viciously attacked by three dogs while out for a walk last week.

Judy Evans told CBC News she was walking her bichon frise, named Tasha, on a south Surrey residential street near 160 Street and 20th Avenue Thursday afternoon when three dogs jumped out of a parked SUV and attacked her pet.

Evans said the male owner of the dogs, which she believes were pit bulls, got out of the vehicle and tried to stop the attack.

"She [Tasha] had four broken ribs on one side, two on the other. They peeled off a piece of her hind leg almost, dislocated her right hip and punctured her several times including in the neck," Evans told CBC News.

Tasha's injuries were so severe, Evans decided it was best to put her down.

After the attack, Evans said the owner of the three dogs loaded them back into the SUV and drove off.

The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is looking into the incident, a spokesperson said Sunday.

Lori Chortyk said the BC SPCA's Surrey office is trying to locate the owner of the three dogs. A witness to the incident was able to get the licence plate number of the vehicle the dogs came out of and it has been passed along to the SPCA and the Surrey RCMP.

Evans said she now fears for her safety and the safety of her neighbours in south Surrey.

"I'm concerned for my neighbours that walk their dogs along here all the time. We always felt quite safe and never considered anything like that ever happening here," she said.

"I want these dogs caught. I want them off the streets."

http://news.aol.ca/article/bc-pitbulls- ... og/264172/

Jodi Preis
Bless the Bullys
Education...Awareness...Advocacy
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL