Harley's got parvo :( UPDATE!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Insomnia » March 28th, 2006, 9:21 am

Malli wrote:Has the Vet ok'd this food you're feeding him?

weight gain on a very skinny dog may take time to show, I think you'd definately not see it until the end of the first week.

Are you still giving him the medicine for his stomach with the food?

Has his stool hardened at all?

Malli

Yep, the Vet ok'd the food, chicken & rice and just slowly move him back to the regular diet of kibbles. I won't feed the kibble until the stool hardens.

His stool have not hardened, but it's hasn't been watery at all....today, the stool took a bit of form, but still very very soft so unless u looked at it coming out, u'd have no idea it actually came out in solid form. The stool is getting better very slowly day by day.

The vet also prescribed a thick white medicine fed 3 times a day b4 meal, I've stopped using the Parvaid because I really don't see improvement from Parvaid at this point. I give him a vitamin B complex tablet once a day.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » March 28th, 2006, 9:24 am

maybe there is too much water in the rice and chicken and that is causing him to have loose stools? maybe cut back on the water in the rice?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Insomnia » March 28th, 2006, 9:35 am

Maryellen wrote:maybe there is too much water in the rice and chicken and that is causing him to have loose stools? maybe cut back on the water in the rice?

I'm actually curious about that too, but I notice that he's not drinking much water at all, is it because there is a lot of water in the rice already? He's eating 5-6 times a day.
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Insomnia » March 31st, 2006, 10:46 am

I'd just like to announce that Harley is now an official Parvo survivor!! He survived against all odds, having Parvo at 3 months old. At times, I honestly didn't think he would live, I tried to convince myself, but my parents keep reminding me don't get too sad if he doesn't live.

His stool has hardened, finally notice some difference in his weight, he's a little ball of fire, trying to climb, jump and bite at everything. He is having major housebreaking issues, everytime he goes inside his crate, he'll poo, he like his dog house on the balcony way better than the crate...and he think the balcony is 'inside' so everytime he comes into the home, he'll pee.

Anyways, I'm just so glad he overcame the parvovirus and I'd like to thank everyone for their support and advices, without it, I wouldn't know what to do and can't possibily make it this far! Thank you all!!! Now it's puppy time all over again....the cuteness outweigh the burden of responsibilities though. :D
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » March 31st, 2006, 10:48 am

WOOHOO!!! You did such a wonderful job with him!! Good luck with the house training!! He'll get the hang of it soon.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 31st, 2006, 10:50 am

YAY!!!! :clap: :elephant: :rock: :helloClap: :hug3: :bowDown:

Give him a great big hug and kiss for me! And give yourself a GIGANTIC pat on the back - he wouldn't have made it through without your love and dedication!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby call2arms » March 31st, 2006, 11:28 am

Congrats!!! Now, have fun!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Maryellen » March 31st, 2006, 12:27 pm

way to go insomnia and harley!!!!! now post lots of pics of him!!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Insomnia » March 31st, 2006, 12:40 pm

Maryellen wrote:way to go insomnia and harley!!!!! now post lots of pics of him!!!!

I will!! As soon as I go buy a memory card! Lost it :(
Insomnia
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby katiek0417 » March 31st, 2006, 12:53 pm

Insomnia wrote:I'd just like to announce that Harley is now an official Parvo survivor!! He survived against all odds, having Parvo at 3 months old. At times, I honestly didn't think he would live, I tried to convince myself, but my parents keep reminding me don't get too sad if he doesn't live.

His stool has hardened, finally notice some difference in his weight, he's a little ball of fire, trying to climb, jump and bite at everything. He is having major housebreaking issues, everytime he goes inside his crate, he'll poo, he like his dog house on the balcony way better than the crate...and he think the balcony is 'inside' so everytime he comes into the home, he'll pee.

Anyways, I'm just so glad he overcame the parvovirus and I'd like to thank everyone for their support and advices, without it, I wouldn't know what to do and can't possibily make it this far! Thank you all!!! Now it's puppy time all over again....the cuteness outweigh the burden of responsibilities though. :D

Congrats Insomnia and Harley!!! Insomnia, without your dedication and caring it obvious Harley wouldn't have had a chance. I applaud all you've done for him!!!
:cheer:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jesseca » March 31st, 2006, 1:18 pm

That's great. Good job!!!!!!
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Malli » March 31st, 2006, 1:44 pm

great to hear :)
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Asta » March 31st, 2006, 5:06 pm

Oh awesome news :D !!! He is such a lucky pupper for having someone like you being there through thick and thin for him!!!! Wow :D

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health