Lola in NJ needs a Loving & Stable home

Postby TLC » June 19th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Hi everyone . I am so happy to have found this site, I wish it were for happier news, but I hope this will be a very happy ending ....

My name is Nicole and I am in NY. I have search out this site to help my younger brother (whom lives in NJ). He has a 1 year old female named Lola. Oh she is just stunning - She is black and white and she just has the most gorgious markings (at least we think so). Anyway, my brother has raised her with nothing but LOVE from when she was about 7 weeks old. He cares for her deeply and that is why I am here....His job is starting to place him in the surrounding states for weeks at a time. He has a friend caring for Lola, but he feels it is not fair to her anymore and he has thought long and hard and he is very sad, but he doesn't want to be shelfish anymore, he has asked me to help him find a loving and stable home for his baby girl...

We don't have any family left here on the east coast and we don't have any friend that are worthy of such a great responsibility, so that is why I have come here to pitbull talk for some help and advice :?

I myself and my parents and sister all have small dogs and a number of them are rescues, we are a very loving family and our pets are like our children. Having to rehome Lola is very sad for all of us, and we each are committed to doing the right thing for Lola and will do what we need to do to find her that loving and stable forever home. I myself belong to yorkietalk (for the past 3 years) so I have a feeling that this community is as caring and passionate as we are over on YT :D

Lola is approx. 1 year old, black and white female, UTD on her shots, currently on heartworm, she is 50 lbs. My brother took her to get spayed last month, but the Vet said she was at the end of her heat still and he wouldn't spay her at that time. He said to bring her bac in 2 months (never heard of it being like that). So she needs to still be spayed. We have a coupon from the friends of animals to help with the cost of her spay.

I am going to try and attach some photos (hopefully my knowledge from YT site will be handy over here)

Well, I am asking for help and advice on rehoming Lola :cry: ....We truly aprreciate it.

-Nicole

P.S. Lola is a die hard Miami Dolphin fan :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TLC
Just Whelped

Postby nicole » June 19th, 2008, 4:17 pm

aww...what a beauty!

Have you tried asking any local rescues to see if they can cross-post her on petfinder with your contact e-mail?
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TLC » June 19th, 2008, 4:36 pm

Yes thank you for your suggestion. I did e-mail Bully Rescue in CT but that was this morning, I haven't heard anything yet. I am not sure what rescues are really legit yet, I am still trying to figure it out, as I am not too familar with her breed and I don't want any harm to come to her.
TLC
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » June 19th, 2008, 4:48 pm

Out of the Pits and Animal Farm Foundation are in NY, and I've worked with both personally. They've always been professional and helpful with me. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck! :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TLC » June 19th, 2008, 5:02 pm

Thank you for the additional rescue sites in NY - I have sent them both my information and I hope they can help me.
TLC
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » June 19th, 2008, 5:07 pm

I know AFF has a mile-long waiting list, but they have lots of contacts and may be able to help anyway.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TLC » June 23rd, 2008, 12:40 pm

Thanks again for all your kind words....

I am really trying to find Lola a good home as soon as possible, it's best for her to be in a stable environment. Keep your fingers crossed for me, as I know it's so hard to place :(
TLC
Just Whelped

Postby TLC » July 1st, 2008, 3:52 pm

Lola is still looking for her forever home.....We thought we had found 'the one' but now my gut feeling is saying it's not gonna happen (sad)

We met with the family, the were great and Miss Lola was the absolute BEST. She is so good, so friendly, so gentle, just a great girl all around. We met at a Park (in Queens), they have a male Boston Terrier, and they did look good together, Lola was so social and friendly to all dogs that walked by her, she would sniff 'hello' and then get back to the walk. She let all sorts of strangers pet her, she was just such a good girl.

Anyway, we thought it went well, and the family was going to take Lola on Thursday, but now I have found out that they are still thinking things through, because their family and friends are trying to talking them out of it, because she is a Pit (so sad)

So, I am afraid we are back to square one with Miss Lola and her needing a family.

...they are going to let me know tomorrow, but I just have a feeling they are going to pass her up :cry: :cry: :cry:

So, please if you know of someone, who is serious and trustworthy and responsible, please let me know. Miss Lola needs a loving home ASAP.

Thank you,
Nicole
TLC
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue