Coconut Classic 2008-flyball tournament...June 21-22-York PA

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 10:29 pm

We'll be at the 'Nut this year...Score will be making his flyball debut!

For more info...check out this link

http://www.rthflyball.com/CC2008/CC2008Info.htm

For pix from past Coconut Classic tournies...check out this link

http://www.rthflyball.com/Nut2007Coconuttiness.htm

Contest winners from last year...(that's me in the "fluff")

http://www.rthflyball.com/Nut2007ContestWinners.htm
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » June 19th, 2008, 9:24 am

Erin, where are you guys staying this weekend? Our team is staying at http://www.hiyork.com/ (I'm sure the guests will love the site of Yoda coming down the halls)

I'm really excited about this weekend, it should be a blast. We had our last practice before the tournament last night and Earl was really charged up because he hadn't run in a few weeks.
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2008, 10:05 am

We're at the ol' cheapo Motel 6. :) Most of our team drives back and forth, but with diesel almost $5/gallon, we thought it'd be cheaper to stay this time. This is only about an 1.5 hour from us.

I'm very excited...our theme is coming together...and we're gonna be setting up on Friday night (and doing single dog racing with Score).

I'm worried about Score...he didn't get another practice (we cancelled last Friday due to unforeseen circumstances). Last few practices, he went over to say "Hi" to the opposing dog...and I yelled "NO". Well, now he's not crossing, but he's worried about going out if there is a dog in the other lane. "oh no, mom might yell at me" (he's soft). So we'll see if the excitement overcomes his worry... :mrgreen: I hope so!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » June 19th, 2008, 10:21 am

I'm sure Score will do just fine and if nothing else it is great practice for him. I plan on swinging by Friday night to watch some of the single dog races and to get Earl's crate setup so I'll be sure to encourage Score along if I can spot you guys. I think our team is doing a Caribbean/pirate theme so I'm trying to grow some scruff before this weekend (only started yesterday so I won't be as piratey as I wanted to be) :|

What time do the single dog races start?
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2008, 10:28 am

maberi wrote:I'm sure Score will do just fine and if nothing else it is great practice for him. I plan on swinging by Friday night to watch some of the single dog races and to get Earl's crate setup so I'll be sure to encourage Score along if I can spot you guys. I think our team is doing a Caribbean/pirate theme so I'm trying to grow some scruff before this weekend (only started yesterday so I won't be as piratey as I wanted to be) :|

What time do the single dog races start?

I just have to remember that he's new...I sometimes "forget" that he's green...he's been doing so well. :D No pressure! lol

Single dog racing, sign up starts at 6pm, and racing is at 6:30pm (I think that's it).

We're doing a snake theme...thus, the snakebite shooters. ;) I'd tell you more, but that would be cheating. :wave2:

TheRedQueen

Postby Hundilein » June 19th, 2008, 11:36 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I'm worried about Score...he didn't get another practice (we cancelled last Friday due to unforeseen circumstances). Last few practices, he went over to say "Hi" to the opposing dog...and I yelled "NO". Well, now he's not crossing, but he's worried about going out if there is a dog in the other lane. "oh no, mom might yell at me" (he's soft). So we'll see if the excitement overcomes his worry... :mrgreen: I hope so!

Don't you hate it when they can't read our minds to figure out what part of what they just did was the part we didn't like?

Good luck to you and Score (and the rest of 2LH) this weekend! I wish I could be there to see it. You have to come down for our tournament in the fall. I will send you the date as soon as it is established.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 19th, 2008, 11:52 am

Yeah...I wish he knew...but...I'm glad he thinks crossing over is a bad thing. ;) He's just got to get his confidence back up for the rest of it.

And when did you tell me that you were having a tourney? Last I heard, you guys weren't gonna have one! Yea! We'll be there...just let me know when!

TheRedQueen

Postby Hundilein » June 19th, 2008, 12:21 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Yeah...I wish he knew...but...I'm glad he thinks crossing over is a bad thing. ;) He's just got to get his confidence back up for the rest of it.

And when did you tell me that you were having a tourney? Last I heard, you guys weren't gonna have one! Yea! We'll be there...just let me know when!

Should be November or December, last I heard we were checking on dates with the PKC. It will be under our new team name. I am waiting to hear more from Lisa (who is not the most organized person in the world). I will keep you posted.

Maybe time outs would help Score with the crossing issue? That's what I did with Hannah, because if I had yelled and gotten upset, she would have shut down, so I just put her nonchalantly back in her crate when she crossed and then let her try again later. Of course, she was already very into the game by the time she started crossing. Oddly enough she has many fewer confidence issues in flyball than Renee. :rolleyes2:
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Return to North East