Title Plans this Summer?????

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby RedChrome » June 17th, 2008, 7:55 pm

I thought it'd be cool to hear everyone's title plans for the year. How many? In what Sports? Etc.

Here are mine

Red-
"B" in SchHUSA since that's the club we're training with now
SchH1 in November...gonna take some work as she has some targeting problems
RETIRE FOR GOOD in December!!!!! She tore her ACL 2 years ago and the other one doesn't look so good now either. There is NO Lameness and the vet OK'ed her to trial till she started showing lameness or tenderness.

Judge-
"B" in November....we'll be skating under the age requirement by 3 days, he'll be 15 months on Nov. 6th.
SchH1 in December....IF he passes the "B" and is ready. I'm hoping he will be.
SchH2 in February....if everything goes according to plans! :)

Possibly a New Prospect if everything goes according to plans....maybe a Mal...Maybe a GSD. Not sure yet. Since Red is retiring in December...I'll possibly be adding to my pack.

Courtney
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby katiek0417 » June 17th, 2008, 9:29 pm

BH on both Nisha and Cy (and start training the blinds for SchA).

Nisha: Level 1 PSA
Cy: Level 3 PSA
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 17th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Inara's not as fancy-schmancy as your dogs ( :wink: ) so we're going to continue her basic obedience training, mainly working on self-control while around other dogs. Her weight-pull harness just arrived so we'll be slowly breaking that in as well.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » June 17th, 2008, 9:58 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Inara's not as fancy-schmancy as your dogs ( :wink: ) so we're going to continue her basic obedience training, mainly working on self-control while around other dogs. Her weight-pull harness just arrived so we'll be slowly breaking that in as well.

You should be proud of anything you do with your dog!!!!

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby gayrghts » June 17th, 2008, 10:45 pm

I'm thinking maybe CGC with Harley assuming that its somewhere relatively local...

I'd like to do TT with him as well....

if its local.

I don't think he'd need a lot of practice at this point on either thing....

once i got him in obedience mode in his brain he'd be fine... :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby babyreba » June 17th, 2008, 10:52 pm

i'm so confused about what i'm doing at this point, everything is kind of on hold till i feel like i know what doc's doppler looks like . . . plus, it's too hot so not many trials will be going on during the summer. my pie in the sky outlook is that we're gonna be shooting for our SCH I in the fall. but since we haven't been training much, that's probably not happening till next round of trials in spring.

courtney, don't you have a B on red already? even if you trialed her DVG and got the B you can usually transfer that to USA. i know that the DVG club i trialed with was doing both USA and DVG dogs. the USA site has some info on how it all works, but i'm pretty sure if you have a DVG scorebook you can trial at USA trials as long as you mail your scorebook in for a stamp from DVG. . . .
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 17th, 2008, 11:08 pm

Looking for a few flyball titles for Score...his beginner titles, FD, FDX and FDCh would be nice. We'll see how he does at his debut this weekend.

Xander and Inara...headed for big flyball titles, but maybe not till later in the year. Xander-FGDCh 50K and Inara FGDCh 30K.

Sawyer, he might make his ONYX this year...we'll see. I just want him to not kill himself in flyball this year. Boy has a death wish!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby gayrghts » June 18th, 2008, 12:07 am

Is there somewhere where we can have a sticky posted for all the various titles and abreviations and what they mean?

or.... if its already there can you lead me to it?
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » June 18th, 2008, 12:27 am

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22723&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

It needs work. :giggle:

But - didn't you say you can google ANYTHING??? :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » June 18th, 2008, 4:47 am

babyreba wrote:i'm so confused about what i'm doing at this point, everything is kind of on hold till i feel like i know what doc's doppler looks like . . . plus, it's too hot so not many trials will be going on during the summer. my pie in the sky outlook is that we're gonna be shooting for our SCH I in the fall. but since we haven't been training much, that's probably not happening till next round of trials in spring.

courtney, don't you have a B on red already? even if you trialed her DVG and got the B you can usually transfer that to USA. i know that the DVG club i trialed with was doing both USA and DVG dogs. the USA site has some info on how it all works, but i'm pretty sure if you have a DVG scorebook you can trial at USA trials as long as you mail your scorebook in for a stamp from DVG. . . .

And I met some DVG people last weekend at our trial! They told me that I could use my USA scorebook at their DVG trial in August...I'd probably just go for the BH's in August, as it'll be so hot...however, my dogs are used to the heat, so I'm not too worried about that...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby SisMorphine » June 18th, 2008, 7:38 am

I will be throwing a CGC and a TT on Blue by the fall. Other than that we'll just be working on him so he can start competing PSA next spring (fingers crossed).

Since Teeny already has her CGC I'm hoping that I can put her CP1 title on her (agility) by the end of the year, but with money being tight I'm not sure how many competitions I'll actually be able to go to.

Also I'll be getting Wally's TT provided he's still with me in September :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hundilein » June 18th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Well, Hannah just got her FM in May, which means she won't get another flyball title this summer, but I am hoping to get a bunch more points, and possibly a new fastest time as she gains confidence passing. I am also toying with the idea of trying the CGC test with her.

I'm hoping to get Renee up and running in flyball, but maybe not until the fall. If she manages to run in a tournament this summer, hopefully she can get her FD. I might also try the CGC test with her.

Dang! I'm actually going to have to work on all this now that I've put it in writing. :shock:
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby BritneyP » June 18th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Tentative (things are rather difficult to come by when you're jobless! :rolleyes2: ) plan are by the end of the year to have:

Jasmin- CGC
Bayli- CGC
Cruiser- TT, maybe AKC TD (tracking dog title), and BIG maybe TDI, we'll see...
Jack (my husband's dog)- hopefully he'll put a CGC on him, and possibly go for his PDC and/or PSA1.

:D
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » June 18th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Britney FYI: Becky is a certified CGC tester. :wink:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby pocketpit » June 18th, 2008, 4:47 pm

I have a trial at in two weeks and then another the following week. I'm hoping to get Brody's FRI since it didn't happen last year.
Dice got her FD in October and if I can get back into flyball practice anytime soon perhaps we'll have some more titles on her.
Eve and Kimber will still be training for FR but I don't know when I'll decide to compete.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby RedChrome » June 18th, 2008, 8:50 pm

katiek0417 wrote:
babyreba wrote:i'm so confused about what i'm doing at this point, everything is kind of on hold till i feel like i know what doc's doppler looks like . . . plus, it's too hot so not many trials will be going on during the summer. my pie in the sky outlook is that we're gonna be shooting for our SCH I in the fall. but since we haven't been training much, that's probably not happening till next round of trials in spring.

And I met some DVG people last weekend at our trial! They told me that I could use my USA scorebook at their DVG trial in August...I'd probably just go for the BH's in August, as it'll be so hot...however, my dogs are used to the heat, so I'm not too worried about that...

I'll have to look in to that...When I asked the club president he said that I'd have to re-do her BH which wasn't a big deal to me...but it will be GREAT if it transfers!!! Thanks for the info guys! I'm gonna check it out before I end up doing the same thing over when I don;t have to!

Courtney
Courtney
RedChrome
Just Whelped

Postby BritneyP » June 19th, 2008, 8:34 pm

RedChrome wrote:
I'll have to look in to that...When I asked the club president he said that I'd have to re-do her BH which wasn't a big deal to me...but it will be GREAT if it transfers!!! Thanks for the info guys! I'm gonna check it out before I end up doing the same thing over when I don;t have to!

Courtney

From what I understand, there's no reason why it shouldn't!
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD
BritneyP
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby lilabet » June 21st, 2008, 3:59 pm

Xena TT,CGC,CD,AX,AXJ, my boxer, just got her C-ATCH (CPE Agility Trial Champion) at the end of April at the age of 11, and Maia, my Rottie, just passed her TT with very high scores. Maia is in obedience and agility classes, not ready for competition yet. Puppy agility and obedience for my pit puppy, Twinkie, now 6 months old. Lots of work ahead for me!
lilabet
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » June 21st, 2008, 4:13 pm

Congrats on your C-ATCH! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SisMorphine

Postby TheRedQueen » June 23rd, 2008, 9:35 pm

lilabet wrote:Xena TT,CGC,CD,AX,AXJ, my boxer, just got her C-ATCH (CPE Agility Trial Champion) at the end of April at the age of 11, and Maia, my Rottie, just passed her TT with very high scores.

Congrats! :cheer:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Next

Return to Sports