Cop wrestles pot bags out of dogs mouth

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Jenn » March 30th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Anyone know anything else about this? It's sorta funny, but not at the same time. I ran across it on snopes after looking up something I received in an email..

Mar 29, 5:37 PM (ET)

BOSTON (AP) - This Prada's bag was no designer purse. A Boston detective searching the apartment of a drug suspect wound up wrestling a sack containing 108 bags of marijuana out of the clenched jaws of a pitbull named Prada.

The dog was running around carrying a tan-colored bag Tuesday as police were searching the apartment, where they had already found a loaded gun, $1,000 cash and 14 bags of marijuana.

Prada did not give up without a fight.

When an officer tried to grab Prada's bag, the pooch pulled back. The plastic tore, and police said could they could see bags of marijuana inside the sack in Prada's mouth.

"All 108 bags were recovered from the dog's mouth after a vigorous struggle," police said in a written statement.

Officers locked Prada in a dog crate. They also arrested three people at the apartment.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060329/D8GLGOLO1.html
Jenn
undecided

Postby DemoDick » March 30th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Any connection between Pit Bulls and drugs, or Pit Bulls and illegal guns, or Pit Bulls and criminal-owners is bad news for the breed image.

At least they didn't have to shoot the dog. Sounds like it wanted a game of tug.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby cheekymunkee » March 30th, 2006, 6:38 pm

That's pretty funny!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » March 30th, 2006, 6:56 pm

I can just see the dog prancing around with the purse, while they were searching, lol. Then having a blast playing tug with a perfect stranger.
Of course, on the sad note, the dog was probably put in a shelter, and obviously didn't have the best of owners. :rolleyes2:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » March 30th, 2006, 7:07 pm

I burst out laughing when I first read this because I can just see this happening :D .

I wonder what happened to that poor dog.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » March 30th, 2006, 8:26 pm

JennKBM wrote: Of course, on the sad note, the dog was probably put in a shelter, and obviously didn't have the best of owners. :rolleyes2:

Well if all went well hopefully the pup was dropped at the MSPCA shelter in Jamaica Plain (Boston) because they have a pretty high turnover rate, low euth rate, and place pits all the time!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Suki » March 31st, 2006, 12:14 am

SisMorphine wrote:
JennKBM wrote: Of course, on the sad note, the dog was probably put in a shelter, and obviously didn't have the best of owners. :rolleyes2:

Well if all went well hopefully the pup was dropped at the MSPCA shelter in Jamaica Plain (Boston) because they have a pretty high turnover rate, low euth rate, and place pits all the time!!

let's hope so, huh?!!!!!
..."I'd rather be with an animal!" (Pearl Jam)
Suki
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL