Another example of Bad Kennels

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 30th, 2006, 4:03 pm

oh, and I agree. this website is horrible and ruins the breed. What do you do with an animal whose intent is to kill? Come on
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby kymn25 » March 30th, 2006, 4:03 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
msvette2u wrote:
Classic's Storm, Storm is a killer she is a excellent guard dog she is our blue brindle she is very controversial because she is so dangerous. She is a very good family dog she just doesn't tolerate strangers

This sh*t should be illegal.

Agreed.

How do you breed to be Human Aggressive but still be a good family dog? I don't know much about breeding, but that doesn't sound right to me. :|
I guess it might depend on your definition of a good family dog?
Pit Bulls know they are THE face of extinction. All that remains is where they make their final stand. Say NO to BSL!

http://www.Ucarerescue.net
kymn25
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 30th, 2006, 4:04 pm

a-bull wrote:
SpiritFngrz wrote:
huskyhouse wrote:Pleasantville is just before Atlantic City, ME, maybe forward this lovely website to the Humane Society down at Ocean County? That is a serious dogfighting area, Ventnor, AC, Margate, the whole area is infested.

Great...that's where Lila came from. Wish I had known this before!! :x

Are you serious???

Yep, sadly
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby a-bull » March 30th, 2006, 4:05 pm

How awful.

Those dogs start out with so much against them. Very sad. :(
a-bull
I live here

Postby huskyhouse » March 30th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Yup, unfortunately much of Atlantic County is a depressed urban area, lots of ferals, lots of pitties from crappy BYB's, LOTS of animal abuse. Combine that with the gambling aspects of Atlantic City, dogfighting is a major problem down there :( .
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby huskyhouse » March 30th, 2006, 4:08 pm

And if you do pitbull rescue, I'd be very wary of pulling dogs from any shelter in either Atlantic or Camden counties without thoroughly testing a potential pull!
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » March 30th, 2006, 4:09 pm

email has been sent to mailto:hsocadopt@aol.com which is the shelter . i hope its the right one..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 30th, 2006, 4:12 pm

huskyhouse wrote:And if you do pitbull rescue, I'd be very wary of pulling dogs from any shelter in either Atlantic or Camden counties without thoroughly testing a potential pull!

Something a reputable, experienced rescue would/should know
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby huskyhouse » March 30th, 2006, 4:13 pm

Maryellen, try Forked River, they're the closed Associated Humane to that area, http://www.associatedhumanesocieties.org/page3.asp?page=forkedriver&style=3, or better yet, try the SPCA of Atlantic County, http://www.nj-ara.org/spca.html.
huskyhouse
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » March 30th, 2006, 4:20 pm

His website even contradicts itself over & over. If you will look at his history pages...all over it states that this breed should NOT be human aggressive. Most of his website is stolen from other sites......word for word, he has admitted that at least one of the dogs is a neighbor's. This guy is not the brightest bulb in the box.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 30th, 2006, 4:22 pm

I'm just trying to figure out how the new family is supposed to become known as "family" if the dogs immediately attack with intent to kill. That just blows my mind.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 30th, 2006, 4:27 pm

I love how they are great for children, but will attack anything unknown on sight. So what happens to the child's friends? Or their parents? Or if said child lets dog out of house?

What a F-ing moron. They are BEGGING for a freaking lawsuit, and I hope that when something does happen they lose everything.

Of course even if they do, our dogs suffer because they happen to be the same breed.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 30th, 2006, 4:29 pm

i sent an email to each of them, so hopefully one of the 3 will respond and check them out
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Chris Fraize » March 30th, 2006, 4:40 pm

As I read everyones posts I keep asking myself one question over and over. Has anyone tried to talk to these people and include them? Maybe they just don't realize what they are doing. Im sure we are all different and know more than when we started.

Either way change comes from good leadership, leadership won't work unless people trust you. People won't trust you if you keep them on the outside looking in while you shred them. If you are that interested in them changing, maybe the solution is to invite them to do better and educate them a little at a time.

It might be tough at first (Im sure they would be defensive) but nothing good in life comes easy.

Just a thought...
Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby girlie » March 30th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Chris Fraize wrote:As I read everyones posts I keep asking myself one question over and over. Has anyone tried to talk to these people and include them? Maybe they just don't realize what they are doing. Im sure we are all different and know more than when we started.

Either way change comes from good leadership, leadership won't work unless people trust you. People won't trust you if you keep them on the outside looking in while you shred them. If you are that interested in them changing, maybe the solution is to invite them to do better and educate them a little at a time.

It might be tough at first (Im sure they would be defensive) but nothing good in life comes easy.

Just a thought...
Safe training,
Chris Fraize

Best response to this thread so far!!

I myself would contact the kennel and try to talk with them about the site itself and the animals......
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 30th, 2006, 4:44 pm

Chris Fraize wrote:As I read everyones posts I keep asking myself one question over and over. Has anyone tried to talk to these people and include them? Maybe they just don't realize what they are doing. Im sure we are all different and know more than when we started.

Just a thought...
Safe training,
Chris Fraize

Yes, there is a several page thread on another board where they have joined, only to call the members there "haters & fool" and a number of other things. They are not interested in doing the right thing, they are only interested in $$$. I doubt they even have 2 dogs, let alone a kennel if the truth were known.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Chris Fraize » March 30th, 2006, 4:54 pm

I'm sure they were shredded on the message boards they went to. Message boards are (for some) a place for people to sit behind a computer and point fingers at people that seem to know less than they do.

I have the opportunity on a daily basis to make people feel stupid. I choose to make them feel comfortable and successful. Like I said before, it will be hard to include them. But pointing and ridiculing them in disgust only solidifies their position.

I have learned the most about dog training from the folks that saw the positive and put up with a TON of my bullshit in hopes that one day I would get it. If my mentors had pointed and ridiculed in disgust, I would be making a different post here today.

Again,
Just a thought.

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » March 30th, 2006, 4:58 pm

since you are one of the more articulate ones here why dont you call?? i could never speak the way you do even online, its like you are sitting right on the computer when you put your posts up, its like you are on the post not your words.. maybe with your background and stuff you could convince them??
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 30th, 2006, 5:03 pm

Yep, they were shredded but there was advice also, not every one was out for blood ( although it WAS the Bull & Bark), this guy refused to even acknowledge there was a probelm with his website. He did agree to take down other people's dogs but that is about all he changed. Here is a link to the thread & what was said. He is "durann"

http://purebredpuppy.com/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » March 30th, 2006, 5:14 pm

omg what an idiot...
Maryellen
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk