***URGENT: Fredrick, MD male unaltered pit bull***

Postby Magnolia618 » March 30th, 2006, 10:52 am

I AM GOING TO NORTH CAROLINA ON APRIL 13TH. IF WE CAN FIND A PLACE FOR HIM TO GO, I CAN PICK HIM UP THAT SUNDAY!!

JULES: a young male pit, unaltered at the Frederick, Maryland, animal shelter.

Our shelter does require that you send us copies of your adoption application/contract, home visits and any other pertinent info about your organization. We also require a vet reference that you use for rescue dogs. The standard names, phone numbers and emails for people we should contact about an animal.

We do not require that you be 501c3 but if you are a copy of that as well.

Jules came in as a stray. Some of the people that work in the shelter are afraid of him. As you can see he is a classic pit, square body and a large head. We tested him to see if there was an aggression issue.

When he was first out of his run he went straight towards a little toy poodle that was barking. All he did was wag his tail and watch and then he licked the poodle through the wire.

He was then taken to the floor area and walked back and forth. All the dogs started barking but he never reacted. There is a female pit that truly is dog aggressive. She saw him and went off. After about 5 minutes of her barking at him with him standing in front of her run, he decided that was enough and started to growl and bark. Jules was called to and he immediately turned and came to the person and wagged his tail waiting for the head rub. It was more important to him to be with the people there than to continue to be upset with the female pit.

Time is of the essence for this boy. He may not make it through the weekend. If you or another organization that you know can help him please let the shelter know immediately. You can call the vet techs, Linda or Pat, at 301-631-2785. You can email all of the above. Michele Deibler is the kennel manager and Linda Shea is one of the vet techs. I am Claudia Prather and I do the coordinating for dogs going to rescue.

Thank you for helping.

Claudia
Last edited by Magnolia618 on March 30th, 2006, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » March 30th, 2006, 10:52 am

Well, damn! Does shutterfly not work on here? :cry:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 30th, 2006, 10:57 am

nope, shutterfly has this new rule or something, it was posted in the problem section.. try photobucket
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » March 30th, 2006, 11:03 am

Fixed!
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 30th, 2006, 11:18 am

oh he is gorgeous.. try http://www.ebbrr.org they are in maryland
Maryellen
I live here

Postby babyreba » March 30th, 2006, 2:41 pm

absolutely no room at EBBRR, unfortunately.

i'm trying to make room for 2 dogs at our city AC but so far I can't pull anything together for them.

i suggested Bully Lovers, since they are in frederick.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Return to Rescue