Beautiful weather

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 9:24 pm

Hoyden wrote:Hubby says approx. 1.5" of mulch can go down now.

When the plants are about 4" tall another 1 to 1.5" goes down.

That will help keep the weeds at bay.

Also you should use Lesco Premium Park & Athletic mix on your lawn. It's dog tough.

Cool. Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 9:25 pm

Purple wrote:Hoyden has a very green thumb, don't let her kid you. If you're on a buget, instead of the landscape cloth, newspaper works, too!!

Newspaper. Wow what a great idea. I never would have thought of that. Thank you.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » March 29th, 2006, 9:26 pm

I'm soooo excited it's getting warm... I will be so happy to see everything in color with lots of green!!!!
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 9:44 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:I'm soooo excited it's getting warm... I will be so happy to see everything in color with lots of green!!!!

Winter is so depressing. Day light savings time is this weekend. It is so nice to see everything in color again. It will be nice to have daylight longer. YEAH!!!! :sun: :butterfly:
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Purple » March 29th, 2006, 10:02 pm

luvmyangels wrote:
Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:I'm soooo excited it's getting warm... I will be so happy to see everything in color with lots of green!!!!

Winter is so depressing. Day light savings time is this weekend. It is so nice to see everything in color again. It will be nice to have daylight longer. YEAH!!!! :sun: :butterfly:

Oh, yeah, I'm liking that!!! :sun:
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » March 29th, 2006, 10:27 pm

luvmyangels wrote:
Purple wrote:Hoyden has a very green thumb, don't let her kid you. If you're on a buget, instead of the landscape cloth, newspaper works, too!!

Newspaper. Wow what a great idea. I never would have thought of that. Thank you.

Mark said be careful with newspaper. Too much and it will trap moisture and cause fungus to grow and that will kill the plants.

News paper AROUND the plants is good to go down now because it wil help keep the weeds down, but it breaks down quickly. He said mulch is just as effective and won't Pi$$ you off chasing it.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Previous

Return to Off-Topic