Hi Everyone!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Hundilein » June 5th, 2008, 10:46 pm

Hi! I'm Sarah, and I live in North Carolina with my two mutts and a cat who tolerates our existence in exchange for food. I don't really have much of a connection to Pit Bulls, but I came here on the advice of Erin, aka TheRedQueen, and from what I've seen poking around the past couple of days, this is a fun place with some really cool discussions! And the Pit Bulls I've met personally have been really nice dogs, so I'd love to meet more of them, and learn more about them. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Let's see...my dogs. Both girls came to me through the rescue I volunteer with. First is Renee, the love of my life and the bane of my existence. She came into the rescue with her sister at around 4 months old. They were found wandering by one of our volunteers and I forgot the duct tape for my mouth that day, so somehow the words, "my last foster just got adopted, so I could take one" popped right out. She stayed with me for 5 months and tried my patience every day. But, I found a really cool trainer because of her, and she helped me teach Renee lots of good manners. Renee was adopted and stayed with her new family for a year before they brought her back. They had moved to a new house without a fenced yard, and her mom's work schedule changed so Renee was alone for long hours. She started having accidents in the house and chewing things. I was so mad when she first came back, and disappointed with the family who had adopted her, and I felt horrible for sending her to live with people who just didn't seem to care about her. After a couple weeks I realized that I really needed to just move on, and I also realized I couldn't possibly say goodbye to her again, so I adopted her and she's here to stay. She still tries my patience, but she's teaching me a lot, and I'm trying to keep up with her.

My other dog is actually my parents' dog, but since I live with them at the moment, I count her as partly mine too. Her name is Hannah, and she is a lab/rottweiler/hound/??? mix. She and her sister came into rescue from a flea market at around 6 weeks old. She was adopted quickly and lived with her family for a couple of months before they called us with complaints of aggressive displays towards their kids. She came to my house because I was the only one with the time and energy to put into working with her behavior and I realized that I had one messed up puppy on my hands. She was only 4 months old, but was terrified of children, and adults she didn't know. And she wasn't shy about it. She'd bark and lunge, and generally throw a temper tantrum any time she saw someone she didn't know. She's come a long way, and there are times now when she almost seems normal now. She is the snuggliest dog I've ever known with "her" people, but still stand-offish with most people she doesn't know. She loves to learn though, and one of our favorite activities is the "clicker game", just free shaping behaviors.

Thanks in large part to Erin, I got into flyball, and Hannah just earned her FM at her last tournament. Renee will hopefully play someday. She can run the pattern, and doesn't even care much about the other dogs, but lacks confidence. I'm thinking of trying agility with her to see if that's more her style.

I will post pictures some time, but for now, here are links to the girls' flyball bios:
Hannah - http://flyballdogs.com/dogsmack/hannah.html
Renee - http://flyballdogs.com/dogsmack/renee.html
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » June 5th, 2008, 10:48 pm

Hello and welcome!! :wave2:
Your dogs are precious!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » June 5th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Welcome to PBT! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » June 6th, 2008, 7:47 am

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby KJS » June 6th, 2008, 10:14 am

Hello there! :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 6th, 2008, 11:41 am

Yea! :confetti: It's Sarah and the Girls!

Glad you decided to join! You'll find it's a lot busier than Acme! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 6th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » June 6th, 2008, 4:41 pm

What great looking and talented dogs you have!

Welcome to PBT. :wave2:

Just for the record, I am cool...
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 6th, 2008, 8:51 pm

Welcome aboard! Cute fur~kids! :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby madremissy » June 6th, 2008, 10:26 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hollys Rangie » June 9th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Hello! It is always nice to find another person from NC on the boards! The people here are great! Anyway, welcome! :woowoo:
Hollys Rangie
Just Whelped

Postby Asta » June 12th, 2008, 7:01 am

Hello and welcome to PBT Sarah What a great intro! Love the pics btw :)

ÅSa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions