UPDATED With New Pics! Hello from me and Alma!

Postby Asta » June 9th, 2008, 5:34 am

I know that my news are few and far in between, but better late than never!

We have had a busy few weeks trying to get everything sorted and organized for summer. Plus Stéphane has travelled a bit and my parents came to visit so my computer time has been limited.
We are how ever now down in Glyndebourne, East sussex where we will reside until August 7th when we travel down to Italy for a few days.

So me and Alma flew for the very first time a week ago! I must admit to being a tad nervous beforehand...Mainly if she would cry during the flight and everyone hating us (read me) :shock: But we got to the airport and she had fun looking at all the people. Got on the flight and she promptly went to sleep before takeoff and slept for an hour until she woke up right before we started descending, decided she was hungry ate and started over with trying to flirt with people :) What a good girl!!!

Apart from that she had her 2nd set of vaccinations (apart from the TBC shot she had 2 weeks ago), and it actually made her all feverish, bouh :( She was feeling under the weather and was actually crying and being cranky! Both me and Steph were perplexed, but thankfully it only lasted for 2 days and now she has resumed her normal good moods :)

So we are down here because Steph will conduct a lot of Carmen this summer (too much if you ask me, Carmen is annoying as a character ggrrrr). The weather is supposedly the best of what the UK can offer so that is good atleast! Plus we are very near the ocean so wi will go on lots of excursions :) Too bad that the beaches are all pebbly :(

Alma is growing very well and becomes more and more fun for every day! I am posting a few pictures of her sitting in her Bumbo chair http://www.bumbobabyseat.com/ It is the neatest thing! Check out the website. I just received the Bumbo playtray the other day so now she sits with us on the table at breakfast doodling around with a toy while we can eat using both hands hahah She did fall asleep in it this morning though and she resembled a miniature version of a homeless person where she was all slumped over, aawww...She is taking a nap in her proper bed now though :)

She has also gotten the hang of sucking on her thumbs these past few weeks, It is the cutest thing! My parents said that i was a thumbsucker until the tender age of 7 :oops:

Hhmmm ok i am now stuck, what to do what to do...

Is there someone over there that can maybe help me out of this green blob?

Ok i guess not...So i better pose while chewing on my fist

Åsa and Alma

ETA We went to the beach yesterday and Alma was mighty intrigued by the Ocean. Was a lot of fun and Steph actually managed to snap a few good pics...More to come!
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » June 9th, 2008, 7:17 am

Alma is adorable! Love her hair-do. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » June 9th, 2008, 7:45 am

Hello beautiful Alma, and mommy too. :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » June 9th, 2008, 8:05 am

She is so precious. Look at all that hair.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 9th, 2008, 8:45 am

I'm glad the flight went so well! I must say, I'm one of those people who DREADS seeing a baby on an airplane. :oops: But it sounds like she did really well!!!

And she has obviously inherited Steph's wild hair, I see. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 9th, 2008, 9:01 am

She is sooo cute! I don't know what I would've done without the Bumbo seat. I sat Tony in his all the time at that age. Until he figured out how to tip it over and get out of it (I can't remember how old he was when he did that). but obviously, when he tipped it over, that was the end of that!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » June 9th, 2008, 9:27 am

She is beautiful, and what a good girl on the plane!
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 9th, 2008, 9:29 am

:shock: OMG she is so freakin' cute! Love her hair and jammies!

My sis has a seat like that for her new baby...Archer loves his too. :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 9th, 2008, 10:11 am

SHe is SO adorable!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby KJS » June 9th, 2008, 10:38 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I'm glad the flight went so well! I must say, I'm one of those people who DREADS seeing a baby on an airplane. :oops: But it sounds like she did really well!!!

HA! HA! me too...and I have 5 of them!!!I have had someone come to me once and say that they did indeed dread the flight when they saw me with my 5 kids in the queue for boarding then after the plane landed they realised they had neither seen nhor heard my kids at all...I winked at them and told them that the kids were scared stiff of being left at "kiddy kamp" on holiday that they all promised to be good on the flight...LMAO
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 9th, 2008, 10:43 am

I was on a 9 hour flight one time on the way to Thailand with a baby that would not stop SCREAMING at the top of its lungs..for 9 hours. If plane windows would open, I would have thrown this horrid little devil creature out the window and not even felt bad about it.

No lie.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Asta » June 9th, 2008, 11:33 am

LaylaWoobie wrote:I was on a 9 hour flight one time on the way to Thailand with a baby that would not stop SCREAMING at the top of its lungs..for 9 hours. If plane windows would open, I would have thrown this horrid little devil creature out the window and not even felt bad about it.

No lie.

Ugh, charming :rolleyes2:
I can understand being frustrated by screaming kids on a plane, but to call a baby who was obviously in distress a horrid little devil creature is just wrong on many levels... Poor parents is all i have to say. Shame on you.

Anyhoo, yeah her hair just keeps on growing! It is coming in blonde now and starting to curl so there is still hope for me to have "the Swedish baby" :dance:

Yeah the Bumbo seat is really neat! I didn´t think that they could tip over though :shock: I have noticed that Alma is already trying to heave her way out of it though...She will grab the armrests with her little hands and try to lean forward to get out of it hheheheh
I would not be surprised if she manages since i was a regular Houdini as a baby. I started escpaing from my cot by climbing out of it using my toes around the wooden sticks surrounding the bed (whatever that is called in English :) ?)

And bravo KJS!

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby CinderDee » June 9th, 2008, 11:50 am

Hi Asa & Alma! :wave2:

She is more beautiful than ever, Asa! I love her hair! :mrgreen: I wish I had a Bumbo seat....it looks comfy. lol

Hi to Stephane.....More pics please!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby SpiritFngrz » June 9th, 2008, 12:59 pm

Asa,
When Tony tipped his over he was starting to get too big for it, so I'm sure you have some time with the Bumbo!
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » June 9th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Oh, she is just too cute! That hair!!! 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Patch O' Pits » June 9th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Awe a precious thumb sucking fist eating princess. What a doll! :)
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » June 10th, 2008, 4:59 am

Thanks guys :) Yeah she has gotten the hang of her thumbs really good as of late. A lot of times she will suck on both which is rather adorable :) Apparently i sucked my thumbs until i was like 7 years old lol Steph was a thumbsucker too. We haven´t started with a dummy and i don´t want to do that either. Apparently babies with dummies start speaking later and for Alma trying to get the grip of 3 languages she will need all the practice she can get hahaha

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » June 10th, 2008, 5:05 am

So here are a few of her at the beach :) She was mighty intrugued by the waves of the ocean and i had fun watching Steph try to outrun, and fail miserably, a wave lol
Please do ignore me, but she has cute faces in my not so humble opinion ;)

Oohhhh Pebbly stuff!

And grown ups wearing diaper like outfits!

And who is that there?!?!

Aahhh yeah it is my daddy whom i love so much that i have to giggle :dance:
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » June 10th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Oh shoosh, there is nothing wrong with you in those pictures, beautiful as always.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » June 10th, 2008, 2:51 pm

YOU look wonderful as always and Alma is just so precious.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Next

Return to Two Legged Family Members