Come on everyone, we need to get this puppy out

Postby mnp13 » June 7th, 2008, 10:10 am

My friend in NYC volunteers at a vet's office. Last week a Pit puppy was brought in injured and had to have its front leg amputated. The owners have given them the run around about coming to get him and they probably won't at this point. She is going to let me know if he is still there and if we can help move him into rescue.

does anyone have any ideas? anyone with room to foster?

Katie said he is super sweet, and even with an injury bad enough to need amputation all he did was wiggle and give kisses.

I'll have final answers by about 2:00 but let's get the discussion going on him...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby KJS » June 7th, 2008, 10:29 am

Once again you know I would help if I could but my location makes it just to expensive to consider most of thie time...SO lets get this topic going people!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » June 7th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Even though I have a full house, I could at least foster temporarily until we figure something out. Just putting it out there in case time is of the essence with this baby.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Marinepits » June 7th, 2008, 4:43 pm

How old is he, Michelle? I could possibly take him to foster.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » June 8th, 2008, 12:17 am

It looks like the family bothered to come and get him (6 days after surgery)... and even pay the bill. :rolleyes2:

she is going to keep me updated on any more that come though. They hate treating Pits at that clinic... they all get beat to hell by the wagging tails.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Marinepits » June 8th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Just as well, considering I am raising FIVE baby raccoons right now. :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Rescue