Lorin Mckinlee is our newest member!

Grandchild of Madremissy!

Born at 12:14 am ~ 6/6/08, 7lbs 14 oz, 21 inches

She doesn't have puppy breath, but we love her anyway!! :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 6th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Awwwww....very cute baby!

:bounce: It's about time you got here Lorin!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » June 6th, 2008, 4:12 pm

YAY, so cute! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » June 6th, 2008, 5:07 pm

:bday:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » June 6th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Congrats Missy!!!!!!!!!!!! I quickly scrolled past the pics since babies make my stomach turn, but once it turns like 6+ months old I'll definitely be checking out pics of my newest PBT niece ;) You must be the happiest grandma ever!!!! How are momma and your son doing with their newest addition?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » June 6th, 2008, 5:54 pm

She is precious! :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » June 6th, 2008, 7:18 pm

She is sporting a mohawk now. :giggle:

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » June 6th, 2008, 9:23 pm

Just talked to Josh. The pediatrician came in and has said that Mckinlee has very bad acid reflux. :sad2:
They just tried the soy formula. Some still came up but seems to do better with that. She has put her on two medicines right now. Josh and Bristol went down to the nursery to be with her while she was being fed. They can go in anytime they want and stay as long as they want. Josh then got to spend about 30 minutes by himself just rocking her. She is still on that table under the heating lamp. They want to be able to get to her quickly. They swaddle her up and give her to the kids to hold. They wires are still hooked up to her for observation. Her breathing is better. She no longer has a fever but is still getting antibiotics. They are now saying that she probably wont be able to leave until Monday. They said that Bristol could leave tomorrow but Bristol said she wasn't leaving that hospital without her little girl.

I will just have to wait until she gets home and then I can hold her all to myself. I am really tired, going on not so much sleep so I am just kinda here right now.
She just gets prettier and prettier the more I look at her. Never knew I could love something so much. :heartbeat: :loveU: :heartbeat:
thank you to everyone for being here for me :groupHug:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » June 6th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Awwww, bless her
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » June 6th, 2008, 10:49 pm

CONGRATS, Missy!!!

She is GORGEOUS! :heartbeat:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » June 7th, 2008, 12:03 am

Congrats! She is beautiful!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » June 7th, 2008, 6:00 am

Well, we will just have to keep praying for OUR little PBT girl until she comes home! :dance: She looks SO PERFECT!!!! :heartbeat:

I feel badly for Bristol.....I had to leave Jimmy in the hospital because he was jauntice and I really thought I would lose my mind for those few days. :sad2:

This is for you, my friend: :groupHug:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Asta » June 7th, 2008, 6:14 am

Aawwww she is just precious :heartbeat: Poor little thing, and poor parents! Here is me wishing for Monday to come around quick so that they can go home and just enjoy being a new family :D

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby KJS » June 7th, 2008, 6:26 am

She is just gorgeous...and already causing upset...thats a girl for you!!!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby Jenn » June 7th, 2008, 4:05 pm

How is little Lorin today??
Jenn
undecided

Postby madremissy » June 7th, 2008, 5:08 pm

I just got home from the hospital. :neutral: Mckinlee (that is what she is going to go by) is in a box thing now. She likes it a lot better than that open table with the heat lamp on her. She is still hooked up to the monitors, has an iv with the medicines for acid reflux and antibiotics. She got a little cranky last night and tore her iv out of one arm so they had to put in on the other. She had a board on it but today they had a little green sock over it. She is still not keeping much down. They have now switched to a hypo allergenic formula. She is getting a little jaundice. They will probably have to put some lights on her but the nurse says that is ok. The whole maternity ward has fallen in love with her. When I was in there with her the night nurse called to see how she was doing and said she had a dream about her last night. A volunteer that comes and educates all new parents brought her the most beautiful crocheted blanket, hat and booties. She is the only girl on the ward. The rest have been all boys. They were going to let Josh feed her at her next feeding time. Brought home clothes to wash for the kids. They will not leave until she is able to come home. I will take them back to them tomorrow.
I know that she is in the best place right now but to see Bristol's face when she looks at her child and can't hold her that much and she wants to try to breast feed so bad. It is just breaking my heart.
Hopefully our baby will get take to that new formula and start keeping something down. :confused:
madremissy

Postby Marinepits » June 7th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can McKinlee keep breast milk down, or has Bristol not been able to try that yet?

A woman I used to work with had a baby that also had awful acid reflux, and allergies as well. She finally found a formula made from organic goat's milk that the baby could keep down and thrive on.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » June 7th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Breast milk isn't good if the baby has jauntice. It just makes it worst.

Missy, I can't imagine all the stress! You are holding it together for everyone and I know that must be difficult. We are all thinking of you and KNOW you will get through this.

:highfive:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » June 7th, 2008, 6:27 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Breast milk isn't good if the baby has jauntice. It just makes it worst.

Really? My neighbor just had a baby boy (Aiden Finn) two weeks ago and he's a bit jaundiced, but she's still breastfeeding. Thanks for the info -- I'll have to ask her about it.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby madremissy » June 7th, 2008, 6:56 pm

Marinepits wrote:Sorry if this has been asked already, but can McKinlee keep breast milk down, or has Bristol not been able to try that yet?

A woman I used to work with had a baby that also had awful acid reflux, and allergies as well. She finally found a formula made from organic goat's milk that the baby could keep down and thrive on.

Because Mckinlee was swept away right after birth, Brit never got a chance to breast feed. Now she is having to pump to get things "working". She is pumping every 3-4 hours but nothing is really coming out yet. They said it would take about 3 days to get all systems going again. That is what they are waiting on. She can't let Mckinlee breast feed (to help her body more) because they need to know exactly how much she is getting. I don't know I am getting all confused about it now.
Glen just came from the hospital and said that she kept down her last feeding (when he was there). I haven't called yet because there are a lot of her friends there now.

Yes, Joyce. I am very worried and feel helpless. Especially seeing her in that box. But I know that she could be so much worse and I am very, very thankful that she is healthy other than the problems she is experiencing now. I can't imagine what Bristol is feeling. It just breaks my heart. :cry:
madremissy

Next

Return to Two Legged Family Members