Beautiful weather

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 10:34 am

I am so excited that for the next few days it is suppose to be in the low 60's here. :mrHappy:
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 29th, 2006, 10:38 am

My Dahlias are blooming!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 10:41 am

It is such a happy time of the year when things start to come alive again!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby call2arms » March 29th, 2006, 11:15 am

Oh yeah! Crazy Frisbee time for Jessie!
Skateboard pulling! Mega-walks! Going more places because you don,t freeze your ass off! Soon wearing flip-flops and shorts!

I love spring, and can,t wait for summer...

Actually I love spring but NOT that week where the world smells like thawing sh!t.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 29th, 2006, 12:06 pm

:dance:

I love spring!

Frisbee several times a day, gardening, my bees are out, the crap has been shoveled...life is good!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » March 29th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Been very nice here too, aside from the rain. I've had flowers everywhere in all the gardens (no, I didn't plant them) and bluebonnets all over the yard. :) They are soo pretty.

So... soon it will be Summer, and bathing suit weather! :o LOL everyone be prepared.. ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » March 29th, 2006, 1:25 pm

JennKBM wrote:Been very nice here too, aside from the rain. I've had flowers everywhere in all the gardens (no, I didn't plant them) and bluebonnets all over the yard. :) They are soo pretty.

So... soon it will be Summer, and bathing suit weather! :o LOL everyone be prepared.. ;)

You're just happy you have bluebonnets so you don't have to mow! :D

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » March 29th, 2006, 2:06 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:You're just happy you have bluebonnets so you don't have to mow! :D

Who told you?? :oops: :ROFL2:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Maryellen » March 29th, 2006, 2:29 pm

yep, beautiful up here too... still snow on the mountain, but the trees are budding, and it has been down in the 30's at night.. nice and refreshing... 61 right now..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 29th, 2006, 3:09 pm

It's beautiful here, too...going out to the garden to pull up last year's stuff.....
Purple
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 3:25 pm

I have a list a mile long for the backyard and my flower beds.

Well, here is a question for anyone that plants flowers. What do you use to get rid of all the weeds in the flower beds besides pesticides and constant weeding. I am not a green thumb by any means but I have been trying to get 5 flower beds going. I planted them all last year and did nothing but weed them all season. Any advice???
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Asta » March 29th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Okies just to make everyone else feel good about spring i will now tell you guys that since i got back to sweden it has been snowing a more or less constantly :| Horisontally aswell...I am the only one here that finds it remotely cute after a rainy Scotland though :)
Would be nice seeing flowery springpic´s though...;)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » March 29th, 2006, 4:07 pm

luvmyangels wrote:I have a list a mile long for the backyard and my flower beds.

Well, here is a question for anyone that plants flowers. What do you use to get rid of all the weeds in the flower beds besides pesticides and constant weeding. I am not a green thumb by any means but I have been trying to get 5 flower beds going. I planted them all last year and did nothing but weed them all season. Any advice???

I just weed. I use to use Roundup but I don't have too much of a weed problem anymore.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 4:22 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I just weed. I use to use Roundup but I don't have too much of a weed problem anymore.

Last year, each week my weeds were as high as my flowers. Can you use roundup with your flowers? Someone told me not to.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 29th, 2006, 4:33 pm

There are different versions, I think this is the one I used, I will have to look when I get home.

http://www.roundup.com/index.cfm/event/ ... Prevention

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Hoyden » March 29th, 2006, 5:09 pm

luvmyangels wrote:I have a list a mile long for the backyard and my flower beds.

Well - you're gonna love this one. But it works - I don't weed my gardens and they look good.

When we planted them my husband put down this lovely (NOT!) stuff called landscape fabric. Personally - I HATE the stuff because it's hard for me to cut the holes in it to put the plants through.

If your garden is established, you want to put down ALOT of mulch to keep the weeds down. I forgot when you can put it down, I'll ask my husband when he gets home. All my beds have at least 3 inches of mulch in them and I have few if any weeds at all.

You can see the mulch in this picture from 2004

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Magnolia618 » March 29th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Its BEAUTIFUL here! I'm going to NC in two weeks and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! 8)
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Hoyden wrote:Image

That is beautiful!! But so is your lawn. Obviously someone has a green thumb. I have a black thumb. Everything tends to die on my watch.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Purple » March 29th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Hoyden has a very green thumb, don't let her kid you. If you're on a buget, instead of the landscape cloth, newspaper works, too!!
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » March 29th, 2006, 9:12 pm

Hubby says approx. 1.5" of mulch can go down now.

When the plants are about 4" tall another 1 to 1.5" goes down.

That will help keep the weeds at bay.

Also you should use Lesco Premium Park & Athletic mix on your lawn. It's dog tough.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Next

Return to Off-Topic