Fetch n' Fly flyball tournament?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby maberi » June 2nd, 2008, 10:28 pm

Lol, who knew you could do such things during flyball (no wonder people enjoy this so much). Yeah, don't get me near your group then. I would probably park myself in front of your section and sit there all day with orance juice all over my face laughing and clapping for your team

I thought about making a holster for Earl so I could put tequila bottles in it, but I didn't think that would go over too well :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 10:33 pm

LOL...you'll fit right in on our team...just wear purple, and no one will even notice!

If you're lucky, I'll be making JELL-O for the tourney too...nothing says fun like Jigglers! Mmmmm...:drool:

I like the holster idea...it'll go over JUST fine. FF is known as a party team...we rolled John past them one year pulling a cooler full of beer...to see if they'd follow (they did). We also bribe them in the crating area contest with yummy drinks. Two years ago it was freshly made strawberry daqueris. (we won something)...:cheer:

CIA a couple of years ago had a dog "passed out" (upside down) in a hammock posing with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a cigarette in his lips. Great photo op...I'll see if I can find a copy. lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 2nd, 2008, 10:46 pm

uhh...our team is boring. :rolleyes2:

and crazy.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 3rd, 2008, 6:20 pm

Are you guys doing a crating area theme for the contest? (you win a free entry for next year if you win).
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » June 3rd, 2008, 6:47 pm

Not sure but my guess would be no. I have only been to one tournament but from the little I saw our team is very disorganized :|
maberi

Postby mnp13 » June 3rd, 2008, 7:43 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:If she'll run, we could maybe do a PBT team?

Riggs and I would be up for it, assuming we can run in the right hand lane where he'll be used to running. I think watching him run next to Layla was an eye opener for some people who view him as nothing but a wild killer.... but then again...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 3rd, 2008, 8:19 pm

mnp13 wrote:
LaylaWoobie wrote:If she'll run, we could maybe do a PBT team?

Riggs and I would be up for it, assuming we can run in the right hand lane where he'll be used to running. I think watching him run next to Layla was an eye opener for some people who view him as nothing but a wild killer.... but then again...

excuse me, you have one of those "vicious pit bull terriers" - they're not allowed to run on the team. i'm sorry.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 3rd, 2008, 9:04 pm

Well, Score's new habit is biting my arms as he lines up to run...he's so excited, and just can't decide what to do about it...so nailing me in the arms is his new displacement behavior.

Does that mean he can't run on a PBT team either? At least he'll be "turning" on his owner...not mowing down spectators... :nono:

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 4th, 2008, 10:37 am

I personally don't mind, and I dont think anyone here would either.

Just dont talk to some of the people we train with. Idiots.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 4th, 2008, 10:38 am

LaylaWoobie wrote:I personally don't mind, and I dont think anyone here would either.

Just dont talk to some of the people we train with. Idiots.

Well, that would be a given.

I've met your team...we allllll knooooowwwwww.... :rolleyes2:

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 4th, 2008, 11:03 am

haha okay then sure. As long as you know that you'll probably get attacked by all of the pit bulls there, because they're inherently vicious killers. You'll probably have to sign a waiver.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 4th, 2008, 11:06 am

LaylaWoobie wrote:haha okay then sure. As long as you know that you'll probably get attacked by all of the pit bulls there, because they're inherently vicious killers. You'll probably have to sign a waiver.

As long as you have me sign it after 9:30 am on the first day of racing, I'll have no idea what I've signed... :dance: Juice is GOOD!

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 4th, 2008, 11:07 am

I'm sitting with your team.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 4th, 2008, 11:09 am

But of course! :wave2: Matt will probably already be face down in our crating area...just sit on him and have a drink!

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 4th, 2008, 11:10 am

We always crate Matt.

He gets a little out of control. I'll be sure to bring the blanket for over his crate.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 4th, 2008, 11:11 am

Make sure to bring a water bottle to hang on the side...I did promise him Juice. Or at least a non-tip bowl...

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 4th, 2008, 11:12 am

We have a bag with all his goodies...toys, treats, water bowl and his harness and leash. Earl makes sure to pack all of Matt's belongings before they leave in the morning.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » June 4th, 2008, 11:15 am

Do most teams usually drink juice or is your team just special?
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 4th, 2008, 11:21 am

I'm starting to think our team is kind of lame...
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 4th, 2008, 11:22 am

maberi wrote:Do most teams usually drink juice or is your team just special?

Umm...well, John is on our team...so we could be classified as "special"...or "Jerry's Kids" :shock:

Honestly...I know one other team that has something bottled in coolers...but we only bring a big Rubbermaid drink dispenser with Juice. Sometimes we have Chocolate Milk, but not very often. And in the summer, we have JELL-O...'cause it's fun to eat and play with. We can't bring alcohol...shhhhh...because there is often a "no alcohol" policy :nono: . There has never been a "no Juice" policy. :yum:

And hey, I've got over 20 dogs and numerous people on my team...a couple of people come to every tourney, and don't have dogs running. I run 4 teams usually...and we haven't had a big break-up/split yet, like every other BIG team. I occasionally lose a member or two...but nothing major. Guess something's working... :dance:

You should both move to MD and run with us!

TheRedQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Sports