Fetch n' Fly flyball tournament?

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby LaylaWoobie » April 5th, 2008, 11:10 am

Erin-
We were talking about the August tournament at Flyball thursday and told everyone that there were people already talking about it. Everyone was excited, but neither Matt nor I could remember where you were from (sorry!)...but they were still super excited they you guys were planning to come up for it! :bounce:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 6:02 pm

We're from MD...Two-Lane Highway flyball team
http://www.flyballdogs.com/twolane/

It looks like we may not be coming up, unless you guys have a hankering for an Open team with some dogs from MD. We just don't have enough dogs willing to go...(well, people willing to drive them...the dogs are always willing to go).

I'm still wanting to go...and I'm pushing everyone! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 2nd, 2008, 6:10 pm

As of right now, Layla only runs at certain times. Mainly, when she feels like it. Hopefully by August, she'll run consistently, especially because it will be in our building.

If she'll run, we could maybe do a PBT team?

She's super fast, but kind of crazy :crazy2:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 6:12 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:As of right now, Layla only runs at certain times. Mainly, when she feels like it. Hopefully by August, she'll run consistently, especially because it will be in our building.

Well, Score is doing his first tourney this month...and August would only be his second tourney...so we'd be fine with a PBT team, no matter how they run! How cool would that be?!?!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby katiek0417 » June 2nd, 2008, 6:13 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
LaylaWoobie wrote:As of right now, Layla only runs at certain times. Mainly, when she feels like it. Hopefully by August, she'll run consistently, especially because it will be in our building.

Well, Score is doing his first tourney this month...and August would only be his second tourney...so we'd be fine with a PBT team, no matter how they run! How cool would that be?!?!

Where's the tourney this month?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 2nd, 2008, 6:17 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:

That would be great. Layla probably won't be allowed to run on any "real" teams anyway... :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 6:23 pm

This month is in York, PA...June 21-22

TheRedQueen

Postby katiek0417 » June 2nd, 2008, 6:25 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:This month is in York, PA...June 21-22

Well, that's not too far :wink:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 2nd, 2008, 9:12 pm

Fetch n Fly will be in York.

I'm not going, but Matt is.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 9:47 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:Fetch n Fly will be in York.

I'm not going, but Matt is.

Matt's gonna be at the same tourney as me?!?!?!

*swooning*

TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » June 2nd, 2008, 10:00 pm

You're going to the coconut classic?
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 10:02 pm

maberi wrote:You're going to the coconut classic?

Hell yeah...I've got to win Best Costume again this year...I was a Fluffer last year. :shock: :giggle:

The 'Nut is the best tourney around the east coast!

What team are you on? The Regular or Open? We're racing you in Open...Score and Sawyer are on that team. :)

TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » June 2nd, 2008, 10:06 pm

Hmm, I believe regular (I'm hoping so you guys don't smoke Earl) but I haven't heard too much yet

The veterans have been raving about the classic so it should be a lot of fun. I'm going to see if my mom can make Earl some swim shorts to wear (sad I know). It will be great to finally meet you guys in person and see you guys run :wink:
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 2nd, 2008, 10:09 pm

There better be A LOT of pictures after that weekend
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 10:12 pm

Smoke you guys? Yeah...right. We've had dogs dropping left and right...lost a height dog this past tourney (just wouldn't run)...another height dog is acting weird. Switching line-ups left and right. UGH!

Score's first tourney...and we're all crossing our fingers that he can run! No pressure brown puppy!

Inara had a cute little bikini top and grass skirt, but she left it behind the back-stops last year-HUSSY! (I should have named her Joyce)...and we went off and forgot it. She'll just have to meet Earl with only a lei. :shock:

TheRedQueen

Postby Marinepits » June 2nd, 2008, 10:13 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:...little bikini top and grass skirt, but she left it behind the back-stops last year-HUSSY! (I should have named her Joyce)...

She's on a roll, folks! LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » June 2nd, 2008, 10:15 pm

Lol, no worries there. Our team is a cluster. The team captain runs a bunch of these jack russels that never make a clean run so the rest of the team usually suffers. A lot of our good dogs won't be there so it definitely won't be the best showing for us but I figured it would be a fun trip so we are going.

Yoda will be in attendance as well, although definitely not running. I figured he would enjoy a trip so we are bringing him along and will keep him crated while Earl is running so you'll have to stop by and meet him as well.
maberi

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 10:17 pm

maberi wrote:Lol, no worries there. Our team is a cluster. The team captain runs a bunch of these jack russels that never make a clean run so the rest of the team usually suffers. A lot of our good dogs won't be there so it definitely won't be the best showing for us but I figured it would be a fun trip so we are going.

Yoda will be in attendance as well, although definitely not running. I figured he would enjoy a trip so we are bringing him along and will keep him crated while Earl is running so you'll have to stop by and meet him as well.

Yeah, we kinda know your team and captain... :crazy2:

It is definitely a fun trip...and if you need a little "Pick-me-up", come find our team...we're well stocked at every tourney...with four teams, we can't make it to 10 am without something in a sippy cup (seriously...those things don't leak! No waste, and no spills on the lane!)

I'm so excited that Yoda will be there too! Yea!

Will you guys be down there for Single Dog Racing on Friday night?

TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » June 2nd, 2008, 10:22 pm

Ok, what exactly do you guys keep in those sippy cups???

Good question about the single dog races. I didn't realize they were having any on Friday night but Heidi (the wife) and I are planning on traveling up there early on Friday so we might swing by to watch for a little while.
maberi

Postby TheRedQueen » June 2nd, 2008, 10:25 pm

maberi wrote:Ok, what exactly do you guys keep in those sippy cups???

Good question about the single dog races. I didn't realize they were having any on Friday night but Heidi (the wife) and I are planning on traveling up there early on Friday so we might swing by to watch for a little while.

Orange juice...why? :lookaround:

If you'd like some Juice, feel free to stop by. It's potent Juice, but it's good. Makes you happy. :D And it makes me run dogs better. Dogs like when mom's happy. Juice makes mom happy. Lots of Juice.

We'll be there Friday night...so if you see a crazy woman with curly hair chasing down a large brown puppy, that'd be me and Score (only if he's bad...if he's good, he'll be chasing me down)

TheRedQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Sports