FlyLady Support Group

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SisMorphine » March 29th, 2006, 12:07 am

mnp13 wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:
mnp13 wrote:Where do you wash your dishes?

Toilet.

yummy!

I'm just glad I don't eat there.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2006, 12:13 am

Well there wasn't much in my sink to begin with. Ruby and Riggs do all the dishes here.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » March 29th, 2006, 12:36 am

I just shined my sink. Now my first floor smells like bleach.

Granted, the sink does look a bit shinier, but it still doesn't look awesome. Porcelain doesn't hold up as great as one would hope.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Asta » March 29th, 2006, 4:37 am

I have a veeeery clean home :) Clean thouroughoully (sp?) once a week with vacuuming, mopping and dusting for a few hours. Use a swiffer maybe once or twice in between. And just make sure that everything is in place so that the clutter issue doesnt arise :) Oh and laundry once ir twice per week aswell. Dishes are done after every meal.
I have sort of a minimalistic approach i guess :| And i find it so satisfying when it all shines :D

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby bullymommy » March 29th, 2006, 5:14 am

Asta wrote:I have a veeeery clean home :) Clean thouroughoully (sp?) once a week with vacuuming, mopping and dusting for a few hours. Use a swiffer maybe once or twice in between. And just make sure that everything is in place so that the clutter issue doesnt arise :) Oh and laundry once ir twice per week aswell. Dishes are done after every meal.
I have sort of a minimalistic approach i guess :| And i find it so satisfying when it all shines :D

Cheers,

Åsa

shut up you suck!!! LOL (im kidding please dont take offense)

my apartment always seems to be a mess!!! with us packing for the move and still finding my neices crap even though she moved out in october i have boxes all over the place!!! clutter omg we dont even want to get started on that LOL!!!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Asta » March 29th, 2006, 6:52 am

Oh absolutely no offense taken :) !
I should in all fairness say that i do not have to work, and no kids yet either so i do definately have a loooooot more time to do these things than most people :)
Although it does help that i am actually silly enough to truly enjoy cleaning :|

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Sue » March 29th, 2006, 7:12 am

mnp13 wrote:Where do you wash your dishes?

We're remodeling our kitchen, so it's take out and paper plates for us.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby a-bull » March 29th, 2006, 8:08 am

Flylady Support Group? On a pitbull forum?? I love this!!

I've been "flying" for almost two years, (and crashing now & then). :D

It's really important to have one of those little timers and stick to the 15 minutes per task, or else burn-out is in your future, lol

Has anyone made a control journal yet?
a-bull
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2006, 9:08 am

SisMorphine wrote:I just shined my sink. Now my first floor smells like bleach.

Granted, the sink does look a bit shinier, but it still doesn't look awesome. Porcelain doesn't hold up as great as one would hope.

Oh, I have a few tricks for you to make your porcelain look like a mirror if you want.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2006, 9:10 am

a-bull wrote:Flylady Support Group? On a pitbull forum?? I love this!!

That's why it's called Off Topic

:D
Last edited by mnp13 on March 29th, 2006, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby a-bull » March 29th, 2006, 9:23 am

I think I get that . . . :D
a-bull
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 29th, 2006, 9:32 am

mnp13 wrote:

Oh, I have a few tricks for you to make your porcelain look like a mirror if you want.

Yes most definitely!!
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2006, 10:48 am

SisMorphine wrote:
mnp13 wrote:

Yes most definitely!!

I'll go through my book when I get home (don't forget to remind me). I completely rehabbed a stove from the 30's and have an entire book on re-surfacing porcelain. I got it so shiney it looks wet.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby luvmyangels » March 29th, 2006, 11:34 am

When I used to live by myself I would work so much and leave my dishes in the sink and that they'd start growing. So I would just throw them out. Needless to say I went to paper products.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 29th, 2006, 11:34 am

mnp13 wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:
mnp13 wrote:

Yes most definitely!!

I'll go through my book when I get home (don't forget to remind me). I completely rehabbed a stove from the 30's and have an entire book on re-surfacing porcelain. I got it so shiney it looks wet.

oooh, that is very exciting. I'll definitely be reminding you later, don't you worry about that.
SisMorphine

Postby cheekymunkee » March 29th, 2006, 11:40 am

I need to find out how to get rust stains off of porcelain. I bleach my sinks on a regular basis but can't get the rust off.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » March 29th, 2006, 11:51 am

cheekymunkee wrote:I need to find out how to get rust stains off of porcelain. I bleach my sinks on a regular basis but can't get the rust off.

Yeah that's definitely one of my problems. I also have black gouges. Yuck.
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2006, 11:54 am

I got you both covered....
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 29th, 2006, 12:03 pm

I have a control journal. It is just a 3 ring binder that zips, it has a few pockets and is just left over from old school supplies. I use one page of paper a day, I write the date at the top, then list the things I have to do daily that I tend to forget or put off-laundry, whats for dinner, kitchen, garbage, finances, training. Then I look at the calendar to see what I have to do that day. I also add in anything extra I want to do. I write my menus, shopping lists, etc in there. When i finish something, like laundry, or I know what is for dinner, I check it off (very gratifying.) It has my stamps, envelopes, pens, calculator, training schedules, finance pages. All done on excel on plain paper. Nothing fancy.

Some people are natural organizers, and do not need external structure, and some of us are not. :|

Have you tried baking soda and a green scrubby for the porcelain?

I hate throwing things out too. That is why the timer is key. Set the timer for 15 minutes. Pick ONE box or bin, and bring it in another room (the different room is important). One item at a time, sort through the box. Have an empty box for goodwill, a garbage can for trash, and a box marked miscellaneous and one at a time put the things either in one of those three or find it's permanant home. That does not mean place it next to the box, then put it back in the original box later. :rolleyes2:

I use plastic tubs for storage, and they are labeled. I am only allowed 3 miscellaneous tubs. If it doesn't fit, I need to reevaluate.

WHen that box is empty, you will feel great, and there will not be a pile more waiting (hence the different room.)

When the timer goes off, or you finish that box, QUIT!!!

I mean it. Just walk away. Have a cup of tea, check the boards, take a 5 or 10 minute break. Trust me, this is the most important part.

Then reset your timer, get another box, and repeat.

If you do not quit every 15 minutes, you will start feeling overwhelmed. Then you will not make good decisions, and then you will just be moving your crap around instead of really evaluating and taking care of it.

Now, before you tell me that you want progress faster than that, I unloaded 600 pounds of crap in 2 weeks out of my house doing this. 15 minutes at a time. When I took it all to the dump, I weighed it. Most of it was garbage. 600 pounds is a lot of crap, let me tell you!

This is really cool. Sometimes being at home all day is very isolating, you guys are making it much more fun!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » March 29th, 2006, 12:24 pm

15 minutes would drive me nuts.

I don't get overwhelmed, but the 15 minutes would make me crazy because I would complete some things in a few minutes and others could take an hour.

I guess I am one of the stubborn people that decide that IT WILL GET DONE TODAY come hell or high water.

Then again I have ADHD so I've trained myself to mentally divide up tasks & set immediate, short, mid and long term goals. (Now you know why I don't sit still for more than 2 minutes).
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic