Cesar Milan

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Maryellen » March 28th, 2006, 6:31 pm

For those who might be interested Cesar Millan "The Dog Whisperer" will be returning to Staten Island Saturday, September 30th, 2006 at The Hilton Garden Inn, 1100 South Avenue at Lois Lane, Staten Island. (718) 447 2400. The Dog Psychology Seminar is from 9:00a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and the cost is $95.00 per person. [No Dogs Allowed] Deadline for refund is August 30th 2006.

Call Terry for tickets at 718 317-2140 or email "iamfordogs@aol.com.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 28th, 2006, 6:46 pm

What do you guys all think of him?
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 28th, 2006, 7:59 pm

I've still never seen his show.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » March 28th, 2006, 8:19 pm

some of the stuff he does is ok. alot of it isnt.. like training a white GSD that bites to be a service dog.. the dog bit him when he went back to the people to do a follow up...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby panda » March 28th, 2006, 9:38 pm

YIKES !
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby Mind_doc » April 3rd, 2006, 4:02 pm

I really like the show and miss it now that I no longer get the History Chanel. He gives pit bulls very positive press and stresses the basics for most problems. Exercise, discipline and affection. I have read several posts on different boards where people are basically ripping him a new one. I think people forget that its just a ½ hour tv show meant only for entertainment. It even has a disclaimer at the beginning of the show..consult a trainer..don't try these techniques at home etc.

I read posts from several trainers busting on the "tv trainer" where all the problems are solved in a ½ hour and how he couldn't handle some of the real problem cases. I see their point. I am a licensed psychologist and not a big fan of D.Phil. SO I just don't watch his show.

Cesar has several rescued pits that he shows getting along with other rescued dogs. IMHO. With all the negativity, BSL, and misconceptions about our dogs out there...anyone that takes the opportunity on national tv to talk positively about pit bulls is ok in my book.
Mind_doc
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » April 3rd, 2006, 4:06 pm

he is on the discovery channel here, i saw a few episodes the other night. some of his stuff is good, some isnt. its like everyone cangive advise and some take it and some dont.. i love when he works with the little dogs, as he shows the owners its alltheir fault for carrying around the dogs and making them neurotic.. like the pomeranian whos owner would buy the dog $150 worth of toys every week, that one was a great episode...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby rockermom » April 3rd, 2006, 4:16 pm

The show is on National Geographic channel.
rockermom
Supremely Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL