FlyLady Support Group

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » March 28th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Ok, I'm taking the plunge. I'll be honest and say that my house is so overwhelming to me that I avoid doing anything because there is just too much to do.

I know there are a few others here who have posted that they are doing this (or have been doing this).

I'm off to shine my sink.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 28th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Amen sister.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 28th, 2006, 8:17 pm

Yay!!

Mine is shiny, but because I spent all afternoon processing 80 pounds of meat, my laundry is not done. I suppose I could get off here and do it :rolleyes2:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » March 28th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Well mine is and stays clean for the most part... Though is cluttered as hell! I find it very overwhelming! :( (NOT all mine) SO what do you do when you have two deceased family members, and an ex that won't take care of his families stuff? Fly lady got some advise for that? ;)

Guess I'll shine my sink, once you tell me how it made ya feel.. :wink:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Maryellen » March 28th, 2006, 8:28 pm

did a major cleaning saturday, so i am good for a while..heeeehheeeee
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 28th, 2006, 8:32 pm

I cleaned Sunday, so all is good here!
Purple
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2006, 8:37 pm

My house is always cluttered. When I start cleaning I am obsessive so it always takes a long time. Plus I do feel overwhelmed often and not sure where to start or where to PUT stuff. We have a few boxes around (we moved last summer to this place) and I can't figure out wtf to do with this stuff so I can't do anything with it!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby girlie » March 28th, 2006, 8:41 pm

well, laundry is done everyday here....because of one that is potty training (yay)....and i am constantly throwing stuff out, no need to pack up crap that i haven't used in the past few weeks. I vacuum and mop every weekend, and i try to keep the clutter down, because the kids tend to riffle through everything that they see.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby Hoyden » March 28th, 2006, 8:49 pm

I don't know what the flylady is - but I'd love to have a roll off dumpster right now.

My favorite method of cleaning involves throwing unneed, unwanted and unused items out the window & into the dumpster in the driveway.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Sue » March 28th, 2006, 8:58 pm

http://www.flylady.com/

I've wanted to start, but being in the middle of remodeling, it's kind of pointless :( Once we're done, I plan to start following it.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby mnp13 » March 28th, 2006, 9:59 pm

sink is half cleaned... it looks great, and it is satisfying. Of course it just makes the rest of my counter look worse.

I won't be doing the 'throw away' part of it though, I perfer to list things on Freecycle rather than chuck stuff.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » March 28th, 2006, 10:03 pm

mnp13 wrote:sink is half cleaned... it looks great, and it is satisfying. Of course it just makes the rest of my counter look worse.

I won't be doing the 'throw away' part of it though, I perfer to list things on Freecycle rather than chuck stuff.

I did freecycle and it drove me INSANE!!!!

I donate tons of stuff to the women's shelter and to the animal shelter.

Then I throw things away.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » March 28th, 2006, 10:44 pm

Okay, so here's my FlyLady question:

I can sit and do this and work on a schedule . . . but in 3 weeks my schedule is going to COMPLETELY change. Is it worth it to start this now if I'm just going to have to change it in a few weeks?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Hoyden wrote:I don't know what the flylady is - but I'd love to have a roll off dumpster right now.

My favorite method of cleaning involves throwing unneed, unwanted and unused items out the window & into the dumpster in the driveway.

My problem is, I always think, "Well what if I need it later!?"
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Hoyden » March 28th, 2006, 11:03 pm

msvette2u wrote:
Hoyden wrote:I don't know what the flylady is - but I'd love to have a roll off dumpster right now.

My problem is, I always think, "Well what if I need it later!?"

I used to think that way. Then realized that I'd rather have the space.

My basement is so full of stuff that I decided to join the town wide garage sale.

The sad part is that it is 10% my craft & sewing stuff and the rest is my husband's or kids JUNK!

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » March 28th, 2006, 11:53 pm

My sink is all shiney and clean... it looks great, and yes, it makes me feel like I accomplished something.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Sue » March 28th, 2006, 11:55 pm

mnp13 wrote:My sink is all shiney and clean... it looks great, and yes, it makes me feel like I accomplished something.

I don't have a sink to shine :cry1:
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2006, 12:03 am

Where do you wash your dishes?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » March 29th, 2006, 12:04 am

mnp13 wrote:Where do you wash your dishes?

Toilet.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 29th, 2006, 12:05 am

SisMorphine wrote:
mnp13 wrote:Where do you wash your dishes?

Toilet.

yummy!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Off-Topic