If you can...

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TheRedQueen » May 17th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Yea! Good vibes still headed their way!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby babyreba » May 17th, 2008, 7:49 pm

Cool, glad to hear it's going well so far!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 17th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Unfortunately, Nisha did not pass the handler attack portion of the PDC and Cy anticipated his call off.

:(

but... Tomorrow is another day... and another trial!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » May 17th, 2008, 11:57 pm

What does that mean in English? :oops: :|
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » May 17th, 2008, 11:59 pm

amazincc wrote:What does that mean in English? :oops: :|

:giggle: I was wondering the same thing. I am still looking for the thread on abbreviations. :?
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby gayrghts » May 18th, 2008, 2:31 am

I'm hoping this may help with the comprehension a bit more :)

PSA offers certificates for the PDC (Protection Dog Certificate) on a pass-fail basis, and offers titles for three levels of competition: PSA 1, PSA 2, and PSA 3.

http://www.psak9.org/psapdc.htm

http://www.psak9.org/psatwo.htm this talks about the "call off" which i'm gathering from context is when the dog has been attacking a decoy, and is then "called off" and the dog needs to either back down to just a guard position with the decoy, or totally back down depending on the command.

I'm then gathering, that Cy "called off" before he was told to.... ie quit doing what he was doing, because he knew that he was about to be called off....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby mnp13 » May 18th, 2008, 11:19 am

Very close Heather! A "recall" is when you call the dog back to you while he is in the bite. A call off is when you call the dog back to you before he reaches the decoy. Dogs can blow their call off by 1. biting the decoy or 2. anticipating the call off and returning to the handler too soon.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » May 18th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Katrina got her PDC with Nisha, and made it to bitework with Cy with a score of 77.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby madremissy » May 18th, 2008, 3:02 pm

So that is good right???? If so then :confetti: :confetti: :confetti: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

If not then :sad2: :sad2:
madremissy

Postby airwalk » May 18th, 2008, 9:18 pm

I'm thinking that's good??
airwalk
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » May 18th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Hey everyone...I'll post much more tomorrow with all the news and what went on...but to give a quick update:

Nisha did, in fact, earn her PDC today! She is officially a certified protection dog!

Well, once again, Cy did well in every scenario, but the call-off. Just like yesterday, he anticipated. The judge really tried to help us out, and he did everything he could do to have the decoy draw him further down field...the way the field is set up: you stand at a start cone...about 30 feet away, there is another cone which is called "The point of no return." Before your dog gets to this cone, you can call him/her back and then resend him at no point deduction. After this cone, you just have to hope for the best. About 30 feet past that, there are two cones with a strip of caution tape laying on the ground between them. This is the call off point. You can not call off your dog before this line. About 15 feet past that, there are another 2 cones for the extra points. If you call your dog off past that line, you get 5 extra points. Fifteen feet beyond that, there is another cone...that's where the decoy is. Well, Cy made it all the way downfield (yesterday he kept coming back BEFORE the point of no return) then turned around on his own about 1 foot before the call off line!

Anyway, more extended news tomorrow...

But thank you for the well wishes...and stay tuned for pics also (and maybe even video of Cy's 88/100 obedience routine yesterday).
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby madremissy » May 18th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Nisha did, in fact, earn her PDC today! She is officially a certified protection dog!

:helloClap: :helloClap: :helloClap: Congrats to you and Nisha.
madremissy

Postby amazincc » May 19th, 2008, 3:18 am

AWESOME, Katrina!!! :dance: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Previous

Return to Sports