(more) Apple Blossom Bitework

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » May 18th, 2008, 12:18 pm

Yay! Matt's here! Put this jacket on... no really... yes, I know I'm 5'1" and you are 6'... it will go around you... promise... and Connor doesn't go for hands... just keep them up...

How do I get suckered into this stuff?

I forget, how much life insurance did we put on him?

Look how patiently I'm waiting dad...

Woo hoo!

Bark and hold

no... really...

I did it right!

More bark and hold

Time for that tattoo!

Ok, you can have it.

A little tug first

Job well done.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 18th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Well done, Matt!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » May 18th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Yikes, no way I'd went for that.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » May 18th, 2008, 12:34 pm

:clap: Yea Matt!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » May 18th, 2008, 12:42 pm

Ha, Heidi is yelling at me about her pictures saying she is squinting and has a Mike Tyson nose. If nothing else, that just made my day :D
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 18th, 2008, 12:46 pm

I still think Connor is incredibly sexy.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » May 18th, 2008, 1:06 pm

maberi wrote:Ha, Heidi is yelling at me about her pictures saying she is squinting and has a Mike Tyson nose. If nothing else, that just made my day :D

At least she doesn't have a dog hanging from her arm...it could be worse. 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » May 18th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Best face ever.

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » May 18th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Matt, did your "friends" with the dog say anything about the lower half of your body being in full range of their dogs teeth?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » May 18th, 2008, 1:22 pm

my pants don't fit him :|

that's why he didn't work Riggs. Connor will bite the jacket if there is a jacket there. Riggs will only bite the sleeve if there is a sleeve, but will bite anywhere if there is a suit.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » May 18th, 2008, 1:24 pm

mnp13 wrote:my pants don't fit him :|

that's why he didn't work Riggs. Connor will bite the jacket if there is a jacket there. Riggs will only bite the sleeve if there is a sleeve, but will bite anywhere if there is a suit.

How do they know to only bite the special clothes? Is that part of the training?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » May 18th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Yes and no. Dogs know what equipment is, even though some suits are light weight and move more like "regular" clothes, they still know that it's there.

Riggs knows that if he sees a sleeve that he's supposed to bite the sleeve and will not go after any other body part. However, he was started as a leg dog, and without a sleeve to focus on he'll bite somewhere else.

Not biting unless equipment is visible and available is referred to as "equipment fixation" and we have not "fixed" it because it can be useful.

Connor has done hidden sleeve and hidden suit work. He will bite even if he does not see equipment. However, when he sees it, he knows he is supposed to bite it.

There is a youTube video somewhere of a police dog chasing down a fleeing bad guy. The dog continually circles him looking for a bite sleeve. Schutzhund dogs are taught to bite the left arm in the center of the sleeve. That's not to say that all of them are equipment fixated, dogs don't learn to generalize in bitework unless you teach them to - just like any training.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » May 18th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Yeah, honestly I was more afraid of him hitting me than I was with the actual bite. Even when you are just playing with him and his tug toy he hits your lower half like a freight train

iluvk9 wrote:Matt, did your "friends" with the dog say anything about the lower half of your body being in full range of their dogs teeth?
maberi

Postby mnp13 » May 18th, 2008, 6:13 pm

So....

Kendell came out today, so we went to the Apple Blossom Festival in the rain to get some deep fried goodness. We wanted to play with the dogs, but it's been raining... so we did it in the living room :|

First Riggs came out. Yes. You read that right... Riggs. I finally have a friend who will play with Riggs. :D

I rock this bitesuit

Hey mom, what are we gonna do?

Oh Crap!!! She's in a bite suit!!!!

Ok, I'm heeling. Look, I'm heeling. Ok? just send me already!

See? He does out!

working on grip

Here, let me fix the suit for you

Bark and hold

not-so-passive guard

back bites

Connor playing grab ass

Now Kendell gets her tattoo

Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » May 18th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Something tells me if you continue this type of behavior you are not going to have many visitors (Maybe this was Demo's plan all along?).

Kendell I give you credit for letting ol bucket head bite you and who knew you were into a$$ play :|

BTW - Nice tattoo (although it is a bit small) My tattoo is starting to look like a sleeve :wink:
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 18th, 2008, 6:45 pm

We're trying to figure out what "non-dog" people do when they get together. They obviously don't have this much fun.

And yes, I'm cooler than you now. Riggs did out, he was a good boy.

I'm up for a little grab ass anytime with Connor, he's quite a handsome fella.

My tattoo will be nice and big and green in a few days. You still win the tattoo competition, but maybe that just means I'm better at bite work? :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » May 18th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Did you at least get a fried oreo out of all of this?
maberi

Postby iluvk9 » May 18th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Kendell didn't look nervous at all!

PS....love the color of your walls.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » May 18th, 2008, 7:22 pm

Kendell knows no fear.

No fired oreos, but we're gonna have Poppers.

thanks - I like color!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby madremissy » May 18th, 2008, 8:00 pm

Is this the initiation for people to come to your house?? If so, I think I will never see you. I would be so scared, I would probably pass out before Riggs or Connor took one step toward me. :swoon:
You would definitely have a, let's say "dirty" pair of pants when I took them off.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Next

Return to Sports