Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » April 13th, 2008, 10:06 pm

A ride through “Valley of the Gods“, Utah

This will not be our last ride on that 17 miles stretch of dirt road! We might even move near it next week, pull up a chair and wait for something to happen… maybe a revelation?… maybe one of those striking moments of Life? Who knows… it is after all called “Valley of the Gods” for a reason so does the legends goes.
It is free travel, free camping with no facilities what so ever and the views are also for the taking! We only met up with half a dozen cars all day, most people we talked to had never even heard of it as the near by Monument Valley is definitely more advertised… A good thing!
More and more I am finding out that “time” is in direct relationship with my surrounding as I have totally lost track of it being here. With such a contrast, the multitudes of Lifestyles does not cease to amaze me…
You be well… Ara & Spirit

Throw the Dog a Bone… Spirited T shirts… Mouse Pads… Photography…
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » April 16th, 2008, 10:14 am

The City of Bluff, Utah

I am actually writing this off line from the Gooseneck State Park. If you need a facial… come on over! Have not experienced such a sand storm in eternity, one reason we could not even get in the Valley of the Gods… not rain or snow… much sand!
The City of Bluff is now my central point for my mail for a while, Blanding unfortunately 50 miles from here is good for provisions! There is nothing in between and so if you want to eat anything besides Hostess Pies and drink soda you better load up on your needs when you get here. I forgot… you can always get a plain old average $30 steak in Mexican Hat!
Bluff has a great Historical past, I think any path taken by the Pioneers has some great stories and a few pictures on the Blog to prove it…
Maybe this wind will die down and I can put up my Dish up, real impossible right now… I even took Spirit for a walk with his Doggles on!
Be well… Ara & Spirit (Dish is up!)
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » April 18th, 2008, 8:21 am

Sandstorms at the Gooseneck State Park, Utah

The winds have come back with a vengeance! The nights will drop to in between 18 and 12... So when is summer?… when is the calm? I have just checked 6 weather sites!… they don’t all agree either. Oh, yes, the mosquito count is low!!! Now that is a big help… Just sit tight… right?
We are truly camped at one of the most beautiful sight on Earth only 50 feet away from a 1000’ drop down the San Juan river… I try not to think about that fact, nightmares you know!
It takes 5 miles for this river to go 1 linear mile… what a work of Art it is right in between “The Valley of the Gods” and “Monument Valley”. We have not even started Old Faithful yet, just hiking around… maybe shedding some of the winter weight.
Ah! I guess I am ready to wear my summer mesh jacket and store my electric heated gear… Patience…
Till later… be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » April 20th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Living in Valley of the Gods, Utah

It’s kind of like my town now!… this 17 mile stretch of road, barely a few cars going by throughout the day and wherever you turn around a monument one cannot take their eyes off!
But yesterday the wind came back with a vengeance and the forecast is for more today, 29mph per hour might not sound like much but it is!!! Hate to move, I remember from last year, wind is everywhere at this time of the year.
Troubled by Life? Come and camp here for a while… I promise you all will change as the days go by and you will experience so serious humbling moments.
With some hope we will ride up to Muley Point today… through a stretch of twisty roads hand carved by the Natives many years ago.
Enjoy the Blog… and be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » April 23rd, 2008, 8:03 am

[img][http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/283624612_ANSDB-S.jpg/img]

Muley Point, Utah

Another space not to miss! Muley point… Moki Dugway unlike what I was told is an easy ride up or down, gravel and black top on the curves. And then you get to the top, make a left on another mild dirt road, #241, a few miles later you will feel as you are on Top of the World. Gooseneck underneath, below also is the road to Johns Canyon. This is where you can camp for weeks at the time with no one ever taking sight at you. One form of therapy!
Every day the decision to move or not due to hellacious winds has crossed my mind. One more day I keep thinking, as my head feels like being beat up by a 2 x 4 by evening… and the forecast, well, totally wrong on all points. A little ride back to Bluff today to check the mail, we have been here a week now and we are self contained for at least another week including water and food! Even Spirit is beat, he does not even want to lay outside in the midst of the howling! Our daily Life on the Blog!

Be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » April 25th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Back in Bluff, Utah…

That view, that serene… and windy (!!!) space is no more as we have moved back to Bluff trying to get some tranquility with the weather. There is no rest when it blows in the Desert, and so strange as there is really not much of a danger, must be a mind thing!
Just hanging out here, will be dealing with some tires that should arrive shortly. Seems that the nearest shop that could mount them is a Norton Dealer in Dolores. I have send them an e mail to find out if they could also balance them.
It is time to clean up a bit, everything we own is red, dusty and beat! Not a forgiving environment…
More roads to explore around here, trying to figure out where we are going next besides again Monument Valley where none of my pictures turned out!
More on the Blog…
Be well… Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » April 29th, 2008, 10:27 am

Around and around in Circles, Utah

We had the good fortune to meet a big group of balloonists the other day going through Mexican Hat and end up spending a great morning with them, learning about the intricacies of the sport… It seems like a sport after all with more people on the ground helping than in the air. A great bunch of people and some shots which turned out not too bad after all.
We will be most likely writing from Needles next time, the southern entrance of Canyonland. Many friends are suppose to show up in Moab also but… will see how that goes.
We are doing good here, things have relaxed since being better sheltered, amazing what some nasty weather can do while living on the road…
Enjoy… the balloons!
Be well… always…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » May 2nd, 2008, 9:05 am

We will not fight against the weather anymore! Utah

Always trying to get somewhere! Just not taking “NO” for an answer… We had to yesterday, amongst more sandstorms in Needles. And I look at the forecast as we pushed north now, at Ken’s Lake right before Moab, and none of it looks much more conductive. So we will wait… eventually this will change also… Maybe we should have stayed in Bluff, well sheltered and warm.
But the road to Needles is something to see! Just so incredibly beautiful. Soon!
We are warm inside, we have food and good health… what else do we need really!… All things must pass as they say and this will too… Soon it will be over 100 degrees most likely… that thought feels already good…
Today is like an “opening” day as our project hanging pictures in a Gallery is done! You will see it on the Blog…
Till next time, always wishing you well…
Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 3rd, 2008, 6:01 pm

Your photography is just incredible!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby beemerchef » May 4th, 2008, 9:01 pm

Thanks Debby... you are very kind!

Towards Needles, Utah

It was a beautiful day, one of those you know, A Gift from Mother Nature! Headed toward the southern entrance of Canyonland, leisurely, just relaxed with no fighting of the elements and stopping too often to take a picture and even hike a bit amongst the blooming cactuses… and sometimes chat with the tourists!
We are actually going back today to look for another campsite for next week sometime. BLM has much free camping, fenced and gated, but I checked and it will be like having our own piece of land for a while!
Interesting Petroglyphs also… all on the Blog! After all this time I still don’t know… “in” or “on” the Blog! Does it matter?
Be well… Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » May 6th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Needles and back, Utah…

I started wondering if we will ever leave Utah!!! Tomorrow we are actually moving to the Needles area. Some friends have a great site and are moving… we are going to replace them! Maybe spend one night side by side… company will be nice.
The sights are endless, every step of the way is a rock, a formation so different from each other and I love rocks! I keep imagining how their shapes over those billions of years have changed to the present. It makes me feel so minuscule!
The scenery itself is changing. We rode the Colorado River yesterday and it was like a new ride… all has become green and actually we are going back today as the sun sets to take some pictures of the glistening waters…
The weather? THIS is the time to come and visit… T Shirt and Gear Jacket… that is all!
Today’s Blog is the rest of Needles first visit and some odd Artifacts from “The Hole in the Wall”…
Be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » May 8th, 2008, 10:26 pm

La Sal Mountain loop, Utah…

I am writing this from Lockhart Pass, Needles area (Lat 38 10 / Long 109 40)… just in case you are in the neighborhood! Away from the campground, not too far from the road where I have already seen a few two wheelers go on probably to do the loop toward Hurray Pass…
But couple days ago we did the “La Sal Mountain loop” and one should not miss the incredible scenery, the fresh air and the nice curvy roads with still a bit of snow on the shoulders, enough to make a snowman for Spirit… or maybe it was a snowwoman?
Met up with many riders coming through Moab including a group of old Indians from Holland! What a Hub it is…
Will be here a while… off the grid.
Enjoy the Blog… come and visit, plenty of room here!
Be well, Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » May 8th, 2008, 11:28 pm

Wow, Utah is beautiful!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby beemerchef » May 10th, 2008, 9:30 pm

It is... specially when it is not windy!!!

Near Needles, Utah that is…

Great campsite and always much to see and experience! Today we are going to a Festival! Just found out from a reader a couple minutes ago… The Blue Hollow Festival near Monticello… have to talk to Spirit about it!
We have been here a couple days I think and doing not much… great sunsets… a cold snap… some good wind filled with sand to clean my teeth… just mellowing out and taking it all in.
Spend one night on the same site with some friends, a good dinner, some good laughs… I have to say that the company was great… A little ride into Needles… it has been all good.
I am starting to read about others coming to this area… I have the feeling we will meet more friends very soon… It “IS” that time of the year…
Check it all out on the Blog…
Be well, always… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby CinderDee » May 11th, 2008, 1:37 am

Gorgeous pics! I'm glad you & Spirit are doing well!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby beemerchef » May 13th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Thanks! we are trying... send us some better weather!!! :)

Blu Mtn Fastivel, Monticello, Utah…

A good time is always what you make of it. When we arrived to the Festival after a change of plan as usual, the organizers where really disturbed at the amount of the “no shows” within the vendors… blaming it on fuel prices. $4.29 today by the way in Monticello. My friend Pete was also there and was leaving as we arrived… as, this was not worth even coming too… he said.
We had a great time, we got lost a couple times trying to find the field, we got permission to go back to this old property we had found with “no trespassing” signs… It was just a great day on that front. Missing Family on another front took an impact later on but Spirit and I together we are learning to deal with it… Riding helps… he does too… you do too… it is all good.
Till next time…
Be well…
Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » May 14th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Amazing Global exposure for the “Journey” and… Spirit!!!

No misquotes… written as it should be, a synopsis of 18 months on the road… the why and the hows…
On Welcome to World of BMW
Got a kick out of this one on Motor Cyclist right underneath an another article about my Hero “Rossi”!… and our full page…
And then it is on to BMW Motorrad South Africa
… and Automotive.com Just in case you wanted a shorter version on the ongoing of the last 18 months!
We arrived back in Moab yesterday, we will be busy running errands, regrouping a bit and then on back south… Different World always suddenly… from the silence to rubber rolling down the black top… But that is alright with me as long as I know there is so much more of the vast empty spaces waiting for us…
Thank you for all your support… and long live “Spirit”!, yes… one of those mean “Pits” you know!!! (all the links are on the Blog)

Be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » May 17th, 2008, 11:50 pm

A strong Potash connection! Utah

A frayed clutch cable changed with a smile thanks to some past strong tutorials from Master BMW mechanics who knew that the knowledge of being quite self sufficient would come in handy, as it did. A couple tires changed by a Harley mechanic right along some stories of celebrities he had shared moments with. Another ride on Potash Rd, which with time and traffic has changed to a rougher one exposing itself with its flowers blooming and hues of red constantly changing throughout the moments… The sudden attraction of the Potash and salt mine with its blue dyed waters establishing such a contrast with the landscape… Spirit making it’s home wherever we stop and doing his own exploring… meeting a man named Mike who himself has just rescued another abused dog, an image of Spirit 3 years ago… This is just another day in our Life on the road. Never a dull moment, there is no boredom when one slows down and allows the events to take shape throughout one’s senses. All in the Blog.
Always be well… Ara & Spirit

http://www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » May 18th, 2008, 1:25 pm

I just can't get over your photographs. Everyone is stunning.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » May 22nd, 2008, 9:55 am

Well, thank you. Very kind of you. You should come and camp with us as below... Different space, different mind...

Some great Camping, Utah
Camping is always great in Utah… specially when my favorite spot is unoccupied… A bit short lived because of bad weather today, but we got a great taste of it. You can never go wrong camping in “The Valley of the Gods”.
Full sun, sunsets, sunrise and just about full moon, it was a perfect time. The heat around this area is the only factor that worries me, specially with Spirit, even with always a full bowl of water in front of him and some shade, panting non stop. We definitely spend much more time throughout the year in cold weather versus hot.
So we are back… things will clear up and we can take off again!!!
I have had quite a few readers ask me about our camping gear… so there it is today, on the Blog.
Enjoy and be well…
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk