Beast of The East

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby ellie@ny » May 8th, 2008, 7:24 am

Alright I'm opening a new topic for this,cause it seems like soo much fun,maybe others would be interested in this too! :)
http://www.abra1st.com/index.php/abrash ... f-the-east
http://www.chuckmackey.com/Beast_of_the_east.html
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 8th, 2008, 7:54 am

Ooh that sounds like fun! They have some fun contests going on!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby ellie@ny » May 8th, 2008, 10:01 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Ooh that sounds like fun! They have some fun contests going on!

I know I can't wait!!! :dance:
Although I'm not sure if we can enter in other things as well,it says on the website that the events are open to all bully breeds.But maybe not everything?I'll try to find more info on that!
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » May 8th, 2008, 10:00 pm

It's likely that everything except conformation is open to other bull breeds, I've participated in working/fun events at AB shows. Xanny's actually an NKC Champion, and she's done tug of war, hardest hitting, protection tournaments, sprint races, Iron Dog, and WABA testing at bulldog events.
I believe that Stonewall Kennel is hosting protection, Keith O'Sullivan is a very good trainer/decoy. The weight pull is APA, so that's open to all dogs. I believe they're doing WABA (Working American Bulldog Association) testing, but you need a scorebook for that, and they're also doing Iron Dog (weight pull, hardest hitting, sprint race).
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » May 8th, 2008, 10:48 pm

Leslie H wrote:It's likely that everything except conformation is open to other bull breeds, I've participated in working/fun events at AB shows. Xanny's actually an NKC Champion, and she's done tug of war, hardest hitting, protection tournaments, sprint races, Iron Dog, and WABA testing at bulldog events.
I believe that Stonewall Kennel is hosting protection, Keith O'Sullivan is a very good trainer/decoy. The weight pull is APA, so that's open to all dogs. I believe they're doing WABA (Working American Bulldog Association) testing, but you need a scorebook for that, and they're also doing Iron Dog (weight pull, hardest hitting, sprint race).

Yeah that's what I thought!
But with the weight pull,I don't think we can enter in anything else.But will be fun to watch for sure!!!
See you there Leslie! :)
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » May 10th, 2008, 7:04 pm

These guys are about a thousand times more casual than UKC. You'll probably have time to do more stuff than you think.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » May 12th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Thanks Leslie!
More questions! :oops:
There is a 9 am WP,and the 1 PM APA WP.Do you know what is that morning WP?
Also what is the Biggest Baddest Bi-otch Competition?Is it bite work?
Also I don't see the sprint race in the schedule,do you think we can enter in that one? :|
I always wanted to try that out,and probably would enter the Monkey too,to tire him out a little... :smileUp:
Thank you for your patience!!! :)
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » May 12th, 2008, 10:32 pm

I don't know what's going on in the 9 am weight pull, it may be a typo.
Beast/Biotch (I've never actually said or written that word before) of the East, etc, is for the biggest, most overdone ab, not really a title you'd want to be trying for.
They probably will do a sprint race, probably just forgot to list it. And I imagine they'll do a puppy sprint race too.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » May 13th, 2008, 7:37 am

Oh I see!
So the 2:30 PM Beast of the East Competition will be a conformation too then.
I thought it's all bite work... :)
Yes,I really hope we can enter in the sprint race,well I guess we'll see at the show! :)
Thank you Leslie! :)
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » May 16th, 2008, 8:31 pm

Here's the current tenative schedule. I also heard that the pull will be on rails, which works for me. Ellie, you wanted to get Maya on rails, right?

$15 ABRA registration fee if not already ABRA registered (bring registration certificate from another registry, photo and pedigree)
$7.50 ABRA registration fee for puppies under 6 months
$20 Conformation fee/show
$20 Beast/Bi-otch of the East class
$20 Working Events, $10 for puppies for the whole weekend except the APA Weight Pull (Hardest Hitting Competition, Protection Tournament)
$15 APA Weight Pull for first dog, $10 for additional dogs (Judge - Evan Strachan)

Saturday May 24th 2008
9:00 AM Registration opens and APA Weight Pull Weigh In begins
10:00 AM Weight Pull (Wheels, carpet)
11:00 AM Feistiest Puppies, 3-6 months and 6-12 months
1:00 AM Conformation Show Begins
4:00 PM Beast of the East/ Biggest Baddest Bi-otch Competition (Guest Judge Jamie Sweet (Blue River Bulldogs)
4:30 PM Raffle
5:00 PM Hardest Hitting Competition/ Protection/Obedience Tournament - (See Keith O'Sullivan)

Sunday May 25, 2007
10:00 AM APA Weight Pull (Judge - Evan Strachan)
12:30 PM Conformation Show Begins
3:30 PM Shorty Bull Expo
3:00 PM 50/50 Draws
Shows over!!
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » May 17th, 2008, 6:11 am

Leslie H wrote:Here's the current tenative schedule. I also heard that the pull will be on rails, which works for me. Ellie, you wanted to get Maya on rails, right?

10:00 AM Weight Pull (Wheels, carpet)

Hell yeah!!!! :D :wink:
But in the schedule it says wheels,or they forgot to change it?
So they kinda reduced the events huh?No sprint race or ID ? :|

ETA how many passes can we have at the APA pulls?I hope they let us right?

Thank you for the updates Leslie!!
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » May 17th, 2008, 7:45 pm

W/APA, you come in at whatever weight you want, and you have unlimited passes.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » May 17th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Leslie H wrote:W/APA, you come in at whatever weight you want, and you have unlimited passes.

WOW that's great!!! :)
Thank you for everything,see you there!!! :dance:
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » May 21st, 2008, 10:08 pm

Ellie, be forwarned, these are very casual shows, they tend to move along at their own slow pace. The pull itself is APA, so that should be run well. I noticed the times listed for the pull on the link are different than those on the APA site http://www.weightpull.com it's the times on the APA site that are correct.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » May 25th, 2008, 1:43 pm

Well it was a great pull,a good learning experience...
My pictures turned out very bad,cause the pull was inside...But here is one of Soleil girl. :)
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Leslie H » May 26th, 2008, 12:13 pm

It was certainly a tough track. I'm glad you made it out Ellie, though I'm sorry it wasn't a smoother track. Believe it or not, it was much tougher on Sunday. Soleil only pulled the empty cart, she couldn't even get the second increment. Yikes. I let Xanny play in hardest hitting on Sunday, so at least she was happy. Did you get any other pictures by any chance?
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby ellie@ny » May 26th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Leslie H wrote:It was certainly a tough track. I'm glad you made it out Ellie, though I'm sorry it wasn't a smoother track. Believe it or not, it was much tougher on Sunday. Soleil only pulled the empty cart, she couldn't even get the second increment. Yikes. I let Xanny play in hardest hitting on Sunday, so at least she was happy. Did you get any other pictures by any chance?

Wow!
It was tough for sure! :o
I do have more pictures,kinda the same quality though... >(
Please PM me your e-mail address,and I send it to you!
Also Can you tell me what was the number again? :) 20 right?
I just want to be sure before I e-mail her...
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Return to North East