The TRUTH about Lila

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby 04100824 » March 27th, 2006, 8:38 pm

I could not imagine how hard it would be to clean up the body of an animal I cared very much for after I shot it, though I'll admit I'd take some comfort in the fact that it wasn't my spouse's blood.
Confident Young Bully

Postby Faith » March 27th, 2006, 8:45 pm

I know. They were already fallling in love with the dog - looking forward and hoping to have her as their family pet. I realize Lila was sweet in the beginning but she was out to attack that night - that is for sure.
Faith
Just Whelped

Postby Sue » March 27th, 2006, 9:31 pm

You will not hear from anyone from pb smiles, they have all been led to believe that Eric's perception of the events that night are correct - regardless of the fact that he was not there and that he never met the dog.

He decided to ban anyone and everyone that ever had a differing opinion than his, even when the opinion was correcting irresponsible and dangerous advice that had been given. After he "cleaned house", he decided to discuss the incident amongst the members that remained and make false statements about former members that could not dispute his claims. He made false statements about my involvement in the situation, stating that I knew about it and condoned it.

I feel terrible for what B & D had to experience. I hate that Lila was so broken, she had to lose her life that way. But what I hate even more is the incident being dredged up months later and people passing judgement based on statements made by SOMEONE WHO WASN'T EVEN THERE.

My belief is that this latest incident is just one of many irresponsible actions taken by this rescue.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Faith wrote:I know. They were already fallling in love with the dog - looking forward and hoping to have her as their family pet. I realize Lila was sweet in the beginning but she was out to attack that night - that is for sure.

I always think about them and this situation. I can guarantee you that if it had been me in that house at that time I would need to be hospitalized to deal with it.

I have absolutely seen temperments change when a dog gains weight, feels healthy, or just begins to feel better in general. Most dogs are sweet when they're too weak to move themselves :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Sue » March 27th, 2006, 9:48 pm

SisMorphine wrote:I have absolutely seen temperments change when a dog gains weight, feels healthy, or just begins to feel better in general. Most dogs are sweet when they're too weak to move themselves :(

Exactly... and that was one of Eric's main arguments - that they said how Lila was so sweet. How could a dog that they said was so sweet attack like that?

If people would open their eyes and remove the image of a smiling, nursing mom and take away the emotions - they would realize the reality of the situation.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 10:39 pm

Sue wrote:If people would open their eyes and remove the image of a smiling, nursing mom and take away the emotions - they would realize the reality of the situation.

That's actually a HUGE question/ponderance I have. There are pictures of her "smiling" in the shelter. I know for a fact that she was too weak to even lift her head when she left the shelter. The "smiling" is panting. She was most likely panting because she was attempting to move . . . probably had just gotten up to walk two steps to eliminate and then move back to her pups. We put too much human emotion on "smiling" dogs. Wally smiles, but it is a submissive smile to people he knows. Just like how the signature bully grin comes from an open mouthed panting dog, not one who just woke up from a long nap and is satisfied with herself.

Lila's "smiling" shelter picture is that of a dog who had just exerted a lot of energy for one reason or another, not that of a dog who is happy and sweet. It's very misleading when human emotions/mannerisms are placed on situations like these.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » March 27th, 2006, 10:48 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Sue wrote:If people would open their eyes and remove the image of a smiling, nursing mom and take away the emotions - they would realize the reality of the situation.

That's actually a HUGE question/ponderance I have. There are pictures of her "smiling" in the shelter. I know for a fact that she was too weak to even lift her head when she left the shelter. The "smiling" is panting. She was most likely panting because she was attempting to move . . . probably had just gotten up to walk two steps to eliminate and then move back to her pups. We put too much human emotion on "smiling" dogs. Wally smiles, but it is a submissive smile to people he knows. Just like how the signature bully grin comes from an open mouthed panting dog, not one who just woke up from a long nap and is satisfied with herself.

Lila's "smiling" shelter picture is that of a dog who had just exerted a lot of energy for one reason or another, not that of a dog who is happy and sweet. It's very misleading when human emotions/mannerisms are placed on situations like these.

:goodStuff:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Sue » March 27th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Great post Sis!
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 11:36 pm

SisMorphine wrote:

Good Point!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby pittie_1 » March 27th, 2006, 11:41 pm

eric himself should be able to recall memories of a nursing mother and her being attacked by preci. he posted pictures of the wounds.
he has an aggressive female and does nothing to repremand her. he may be afraid of her. and spud, has been on his way to being a liability.
my question is....."how can eric say how sweet a dog is if he himself never met the dog...isnt that false advertising?",,, but than again he does claim to feed his dogs on his site premium food...but wait some of them are still in shelters....i didnt know shelters fed shelter dogs a premium meal....oh..that must be where the $265.00 fee for the dog comes in.
pittie_1
Just Whelped

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 11:41 pm

Faith wrote:What happened was not some premeditated act on B's part. It happened in a split second. I have told Eric that it was a blessing that B was there and not out walking the other dog. I told Eric in an e-mail a few days ago to imagine that today is D's third reconstructive surgery to try and build her, for example, a left ear. And then to imagine all the lawsuits.

It appears that Lila did not suffer in her death. And B did not break any laws.

When I first found out about this I said that it was one of two things: cruelty or self defense.

There is no doubt in my mind that it was self defense.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 11:54 pm

04100824 wrote:It simply amazes me that this debate has gone on for so long. I would not hesitate to shoot any animal that threatened me or my spouse under any circumstance. It wouldn't matter who told me what or who would feel bad about it. I'd freakin' shoot it and though I'd be upset, I'd move on.

I feel for D&B, really...

It amazed me that Eric brought it up on his forum at all.

Personally, I think he needed to draw attention away from all the people he decided to ban because they didn't agree with him. I noticed that anyone who had a differing opinion or questioned him repeatedly was banned.

And not just the few that he initially claimed either. There were several others.

Makes one wonder why he did it?

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Faith » March 27th, 2006, 11:57 pm

04100824 wrote:I could not imagine how hard it would be to clean up the body of an animal I cared very much for after I shot it, though I'll admit I'd take some comfort in the fact that it wasn't my spouse's blood.

See - it is safe to express your opinion regarding the incident. This person is still on SPBR forum. It's okay. You don't have to bash anyone - just tell us your opinion of the incident now that Noel's report has been posted.
Faith
Just Whelped

Postby Verderben » March 28th, 2006, 1:50 am

Sue wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:I have absolutely seen temperments change when a dog gains weight, feels healthy, or just begins to feel better in general. Most dogs are sweet when they're too weak to move themselves :(

Exactly... and that was one of Eric's main arguments - that they said how Lila was so sweet. How could a dog that they said was so sweet attack like that?

If people would open their eyes and remove the image of a smiling, nursing mom and take away the emotions - they would realize the reality of the situation.

Well is Eric knew anything about dogs in general he would know that a dogs true temperament doesn't come out the first day it is in a home. and that when the dog starts to feel comportable that is when you start to see the real temperament.
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Faith » March 28th, 2006, 7:28 am

Alert--------- off topic and bashing.
Faith
Just Whelped

Postby Faith » March 28th, 2006, 7:55 am

The only thing that needs to be said on this thread at this point is whether or not you sympathize with Brian's decision to handle the situation as he did.
and
to agree or disagree with Noel's decision to post her findings on another forum so that anyone could respond.

How do you start a poll on one of these things?
Faith
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » March 28th, 2006, 11:06 am

its very sad that proof has been posted, and people still cant see what is going on.. lila was human aggressive.. the rescue never temp tested her and relied on a shelter, and openly admits that the rescue relies on trainers and shelters to evaluate dogs he pulls.. instead of questioning the rescue practices of the owner, you are questioning other trivial stuff. would you still be questioning if the foster parents had gotten bit? and blamed it on their raising the dog?? or would you see things with open eyes instead?? how manyother dogs were euthanized/killed due to human aggression that he placed?

what happens to the mothers of all the pups that were placed?? how can a rescue allow a puppy to die during a transport because it was crated with one of his adult dogs, and during the fight he didnt stop the car? even when growling and noises were heard?? how can anyone condone that? if dogs are unsound that he is pulling, it does have reference to this thread, as it puts the rescues liabilities and motives behind the dogs that are being pulled.. it puts the rescue's ethics in question.. hasnt it occurred to you that there is a possibility this is all true?

no one here has doctored photos, they came from spbr itself.. if i remember correctly when i was on pb smiles a member had to euth her dog(hoagie) due to human aggression that she got from eric.. now tell me, why is it acceptable to everyone on that forum that human aggressive dogs are allowed to be placed? why arent puppies evaluated longer ? why are puppies being adopted out at 8 weeks old at puppy parties? the list goes on and on...

Postby cheekymunkee » March 28th, 2006, 11:10 am

Faith wrote:The only thing that needs to be said on this thread at this point is whether or not you sympathize with Brian's decision to handle the situation as he did.
and
to agree or disagree with Noel's decision to post her findings on another forum so that anyone could respond.

Our members are free to express their opinions on any matter posted on this board. If you want to start a poll you will need to start a new thread.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Faith » March 28th, 2006, 11:23 am

cheekymunkee wrote:
Faith wrote:The only thing that needs to be said on this thread at this point is whether or not you sympathize with Brian's decision to handle the situation as he did.
and

Our members are free to express their opinions on any matter posted on this board. If you want to start a poll you will need to start a new thread.

I understand. I was just trying to stay on the topic.
So how do you start a poll on a new thread?
Maybe I will - but I'm kind of running out of energy on this matter and no one from SPBR will respond - except for that one brave person - so what's the point.
Faith
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » March 28th, 2006, 11:28 am

faith checkyour private messages
Maryellen
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk