Last night

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby luvmyangels » March 27th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Last night my 4 year old son and I were sitting on the livingroom floor and Knuckles decided to come over to see what we were doing. We were doing homework together and working with scissors, a magazine and a glue stick. Everytime Brandon went to put glue on the paper Knuckles would tilt his head to try and figure out what he was doing. One time was really funny because he put his head on his lap and kept inching closer and closer. I really think Knuckles wanted to eat the glue stick.

Today I took Knuckles to school with me to pick up Brandon and everyone came running over to see him in the car with me. They all asked, "Is that a Pit Bull" and I responded, "Yes". Everyone's response was "Oh they have such a bad rap". So I told everyone he loves everyone, as he wiggled his whole body just happy for someone to come over so he could lick them.

Just a few minutes ago Brandon was put in a time out in the kitchen. Knuckles came over to him and starting licking him. It is nice to see they are building a bond with one another. Everytime Brandon has a temper tantrum I tell him to hug a dog and it usually calms him down.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby 04100824 » March 27th, 2006, 7:55 pm

That is so awesome to give kids such a great impression of your dog!

And yeah...could you imagine the factors involved with DIGESTING a GLUE STICK?!

....ew.
Confident Young Bully

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 8:04 pm

luvmyangels wrote:Just a few minutes ago Brandon was put in a time out in the kitchen. Knuckles came over to him and starting licking him. It is nice to see they are building a bond with one another. Everytime Brandon has a temper tantrum I tell him to hug a dog and it usually calms him down.

My dogs sympathise with my kids too.

I have pictures of my youngest in a timeout chair in the corner with Petey sitting beside her.

The worst punishment I can give my four year old is not letting her feed the dogs or give them water. She loves to feed them and groom them.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 9:32 pm

luvmyangels wrote: Everytime Brandon has a temper tantrum I tell him to hug a dog and it usually calms him down.

That is actually an awesome idea!!

Knuckles sounds like a real sweetheart.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmyangels » March 27th, 2006, 9:36 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
luvmyangels wrote: Everytime Brandon has a temper tantrum I tell him to hug a dog and it usually calms him down.

That is actually an awesome idea!!

Knuckles sounds like a real sweetheart.

He really is!!! Look at his cute face!! Cookie is a lovebug too!!

I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby pLaurent » March 28th, 2006, 12:55 am

And who wouldn't want to hug those cuties!!

Everytime Brandon has a temper tantrum I tell him to hug a dog and it usually calms him down

I think I'll try that myself. :D
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 28th, 2006, 8:09 am

That's great! I like how you are using the dog for behavior mod too. Dogs can be so calming
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmyangels » March 28th, 2006, 9:35 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:That's great! I like how you are using the dog for behavior mod too. Dogs can be so calming

Both my kids are very difficult at times with their temper tantrums. They live in time-out land. My littlest one is in the "Terrible 2's stage times 2". The dogs always look at them like they are nuts. But in a way I think it calms and comforts both the dogs and the kids.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Cookie & Knuckles
luvmyangels
I live here

Return to Pit Bull Talk