Random photo dump

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby BigDogBuford » May 12th, 2008, 9:43 pm

Great pics and I love Moses! :loveU: How is he temperment wise? I don't think I've ever met a Presa in person.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby pocketpit » May 13th, 2008, 5:16 pm

How is he temperment wise? I don't think I've ever met a Presa in person.

He's a big lapdog with a goofball personality. His former owners purchased him as a puppy. The husband of course was drawn to the breed because of the size, intimidation factor and the fact that he could breed him and make money. The wife was a bit smarter and after research decided it would be a good idea to do a lot of socialization with him. He's never met a stranger. He's very bold, outgoing, and fearless. Overall he's pretty laid back but he can get up and go and he's quite agile despite his size. He's very food motivated and loves to please but he also carries a small stubborn, independent streak. I don't know if that part is a learned behavior or just a natural part of his personality.
I've only seen him truly "turn on" once and is scared the living crap out of me. I would not want to be around a Presa that was not good with people.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » May 13th, 2008, 5:36 pm

pocketpit wrote:
How is he temperment wise? I don't think I've ever met a Presa in person.

He's a big lapdog with a goofball personality. His former owners purchased him as a puppy. The husband of course was drawn to the breed because of the size, intimidation factor and the fact that he could breed him and make money. The wife was a bit smarter and after research decided it would be a good idea to do a lot of socialization with him. He's never met a stranger. He's very bold, outgoing, and fearless. Overall he's pretty laid back but he can get up and go and he's quite agile despite his size. He's very food motivated and loves to please but he also carries a small stubborn, independent streak. I don't know if that part is a learned behavior or just a natural part of his personality.
I've only seen him truly "turn on" once and is scared the living crap out of me. I would not want to be around a Presa that was not good with people.

He sounds awesome! I love big, goofy, yet can be totally scary serious dogs if they need to be. And I agree.....meeting a HA Presa sounds scary.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » May 13th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Yay Dawn, we don't get to see nearly enough pictures of your crew. Of course you know I love, love, love Moses...but they are all stunning.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » May 14th, 2008, 6:10 am

BigDogBuford wrote:He sounds awesome! I love big, goofy, yet can be totally scary serious dogs if they need to be. And I agree.....meeting a HA Presa sounds scary.

too bad you can't meet Oscar! ;)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Previous

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members