Kansas Member

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby 4Pack » May 11th, 2008, 1:56 am

Hello group,
I'm just a Kansan who loves dogs, all dogs, but I'm partial to mine of course!

My canine family consists of a Chihuahua/unknown mix, a Shi-Pom, a Rat/Toy Fox Terrier, and a Pit Bull/Lab Mix. The smartest would be my Pit Mix. The laziest is my Chi mix. The yappiest is my Shi mix, and I guess that leaves my Terr Mix to be the most affectionate.

There isn't one family member....aunt, uncle, parents, cousins, etc....that doesn't share their home and life with a canine companion. Been that way my entire life....I'm thankful my family raised me right! :wink:

My Terr has been with us the longest and my Pit is our newest member. Have never owned a Pit or Pit mix before, so I thought this forum would be a great source of information for me.

Well that's enough about me.

Hope to learn lots and get to know some of you!

S.
A house is not a home without a dog.
4Pack
Just Whelped

Postby KJS » May 11th, 2008, 3:19 am

I'll say hello to you because no one else is here right now :wave2: ...but I should warn you they are a fiesty bunch and they will be soon demanding fotos...with menaces :mrgreen:
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby madremissy » May 11th, 2008, 4:54 am

:wave2: Hello and Welcome. Yes we are a nosey bunch. How did you acquire you dogs?
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 11th, 2008, 8:12 am

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » May 11th, 2008, 9:31 am

Welcome to PBT! :wave2:

I thought that was so interesting that your extended family all have dogs. :)

One of mine is a Pit/Lab ~ Harleybird.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Scout » May 11th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT! :wave2: We are dog lovers of all kinds...although not very many members would every admit to that :rolleyes2:

And yes...I believe photos are required of your four legged ones!!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » May 11th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Hello and welcome! :wave: We look forward to getting to know you as well.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby 4Pack » May 11th, 2008, 11:45 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I have lots of photos of all my babes. Just need to figure out how to do this. Is it appropriate to add the images into a reply or post them on an outside source and give you a link?
4Pack
Just Whelped

Postby katiek0417 » May 12th, 2008, 11:11 am

Welcome to the board!

You can use photobucket to post pics, as long as they are smaller than 400 pixels x 400 pixels...

How did you acquire your pups? How old are they?

We all love dogs here (even those of us who don't own pits)!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » May 12th, 2008, 11:57 am

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby 4Pack » May 12th, 2008, 10:07 pm

Ok trying this again. I used photobucket, but it took nearly an hour to upload 8 photos. Typed a reply and tried to add the slideshow link and it crashed.

Let's see if this works now.

Rat/Toy Fox Terrier - "Lady" - Rescued from a Puppy Mill, went from there to the Shelter. We adopted her from the Shelter. She had never even been on grass, played in the snow, nothing. Was locked in a cage 24/7 to do nothing but breed. She wasn't very friendly, hid alot, cowered in corners, never held her up. Took nearly 2 months, but she finally warmed up to us. We've had her nearly 6 years.

Chihuahua/Unknown Mix - "Missy" - Adopted her from the City Pound. Employees said it was obvious she had been on her own for awhile when they found her wandering near a highway. She was emaciated, hair was matted, flea infested, and very timid and skittish. She was on the list to be euth'd the next day because of her condition and her lack of interest when people tried to get her attention. We saw great potential in her and hoped she would be happy with us. She's been with us for about 3 years and she's Daddy's Little Girl.

Shi Tzu/Pomeranian - "Rhemy" - A family friend actually gave us a Pom, Jazzy. It was an unexpected gift, but we couldn't turn her away. Two weeks later we woke up one morning to find Jazzy nesting under our bed, giving birth to a pup. No one even knew she was pregnant! She delivered two, one of which passed before I could get it away from her. Rhemy was the survivor. We had intended to keep both, but Jazzy became very territorial and started fighting and biting with Lady and Missy. We just couldn't control her at all, so we re-homed Jazzy, who I still get to see to this day! Rhemy is my baby girl....she loves to lay on my desk in front of my chest while I type. She's here now. :wink: She turned 1 year old the week of Halloween '07.

Lab/Pit Bull Mix - "Eli" - Please see the post in Rescues, lab/pit x in midwest, regarding Eli and my situation. Eli was born to a former neighbor. We played with him often when he lived there. The neighbor was military and was being relocated and deployed, so they had planned to take Eli to the pound. We couldn't let that happen, so we took him. He's about 9 months old now. He's one of the greatest loves of my life! A very special guy with personality. He adores me as much as I adore him.

So that's my canine family and their brief stories. Hope that link works!
4Pack
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » May 12th, 2008, 11:16 pm

Belated welcome from me too... :wave2:

Eli is GORGEOUS! :heartbeat:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Scout » May 12th, 2008, 11:34 pm

wow... your 4 pack has quite the story! :shock: How wonderful of you to rescue all of them...they are all very adorable...and Eli is very handsome! :heartbeat:
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby 4Pack » May 13th, 2008, 12:55 am

Thanks! I put more photos in photobucket but it crashed again! Not sure if they are showing and it's late....need to get to bed. Will check it in the morning. I'm trying to make just an Eli album for that other thread. Will add it if I didn't lose it all.

Night.

Pssst....thanks for the Eli compliments, he would be proud. Isn't he beautiful!?! Never even knew a Pit or Pit x before him, and obviously you can tell by my other 3 that I'm not into big dogs, but he stole my heart more than any other in my life. I just love that big boy so much. Tears me up to think of what's going on with him. :cry:
4Pack
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » May 13th, 2008, 1:02 am

Hello and welcome!

I've got a (so we think) Pit/Lab mix too...Score. :) :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Introductions