Doc passed his BH

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby babyreba » May 4th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Well, at long last . . . today the Alexandria Schutzhund Group held a trial, I entered Doc for his BH, and we passed! I can't tell you what a relief it was to see that "Bestanden" (what they write in German to let you know the dog passed) written in his scorebooks!

the odd thing was that usually Doc's heeling is pretty clean and tight, and he's got no problems doing it. It's some of the other stuff he's usually confused on--like the sit in motion (sometimes he'll walk a few steps before he sits or if he's feeling lazy, he might down instead of sit) and the recall (sometimes will crash into me if he's too excited) . . . but today he did all the other exercises perfectly. His heeling sucked, though--He kept looking off at the crowd, glanced a few times at the dog in the long down to see what she was up to, he lagged behind me once or twice and i had to give a little handler help by patting my leg and speeding up to get him to catch up. And the really strange thing is that she said he didn't have enough drive in his heeling, which is also not like him at all. Usually he's a happy, bouncy heeling fool, but not today. So weird!

Someone mentioned that my off-lead heeling looked great, but my on-lead was not great . . . Her best guess is that I was so tense that he felt that tension right down the leash and his performance reflected that.

Considering this is the first thing I've ever done competition-wise, that does make total sense to me.

But in the end it's a pass/fail exercise and the most important thing is that WE PASSED and nothing horrible happened! Though I did have a moment where I wondered if he was gonna fail right out of the gate when he wanted to check out the malinois bitch we were partnered with . . . We went to check in with the judge and all of a sudden he jerked in her direction and I had to pull him back and remind him to fuss. She was a little worked up when she came onto the field, so I think he was intrigued by her energy. lol
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 8:19 pm

Oh Wow Congratulations!
airwalk
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 4th, 2008, 8:23 pm

That's awesome! Congratulations, Erin and Doc!

Now where are our pics of that handsome beast???
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » May 4th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Congrats...where are the pics? I hope you have pics!!!!

I think we're doing the trial in Oct...I'm going to show 2-4 of my own dogs...maybe...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jenn » May 4th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Congratulations!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » May 4th, 2008, 10:03 pm

FANTASTIC WORK!!!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » May 5th, 2008, 12:47 am

Outstanding job.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby amazincc » May 5th, 2008, 1:01 am

CONGRATS!!!! :wave2: :dance:

But - what is BH??? :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby DemoDick » May 5th, 2008, 1:28 am

amazincc wrote:CONGRATS!!!! :wave2: :dance:

But - what is BH??? :oops:

Behold!

http://www.finographics.com/schutzhund/bh.html

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby pocketpit » May 5th, 2008, 4:39 am

That rocks! Way to go Doc !!!!!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » May 5th, 2008, 4:52 am

:clap:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby ellie@ny » May 5th, 2008, 7:24 am

That's awesome!!!! :confetti:
Now,where are the pictures??? :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2008, 10:29 am

Whoohoo! :cheer:

and ditto on the pics...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby babyreba » May 5th, 2008, 12:43 pm

Unfortunately, I do not have photos to post yet because Rob's holding them hostage on his camera till he can sort through them.

In the meantime, here's a new photo of Doc biting someone. Bite photos are more interesting to look at than obedience photos anyway! :mrgreen:

babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby pocketpit » May 5th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Love it! What a beautiful field to train on as well.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby CinderDee » May 6th, 2008, 5:36 am

Congrats! That's fanrtastic!!!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby cheekymunkee » May 10th, 2008, 4:29 pm

I just saw this!! CONGRATS GUYS!!!! You've done such a good job with him Erin!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Sports