No more Mr Pooper Scooper:(

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Maryellen » March 27th, 2006, 3:23 pm

well, my pooper scooper guy left a note for all his clients, he is not taking the poop to the dump anymore, its not cost effective . so he will be leaving the poop in a bag either in the garbage can or near the garage.. so now after a year of him taking it, i now either let him keep picking it up for $22 a week but leaving it at my door or i can pick up the poop and bring it to the dump ourselves.... so i made the decision to pick up the poop myself, and bring it to the dump.... so i save a $88 a month..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » March 27th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Wow that is a lot. How many times a week was he picking it up? There are 2 companies out by me that charge $9 & $10 once a week to clean poop for 3 dogs. They will take it with them for an additional cost.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 27th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Feed raw & you don't have to pick up poop. :D
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 27th, 2006, 3:47 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Feed raw & you don't have to pick up poop. :D

I've heard that, but is it true? How long does it take to disappear?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » March 27th, 2006, 3:49 pm

he charged $22 to come out twice a week to pick it up and carry it away..

i cant feed raw to jesse as she is allergic to chicken and turkey and now probably beef, as she gets inflamed and chews her feet if i give her beef now.. so i have to stick to fish, elk, bison, stuff like that..

the poop turns to white powder after a couple of days, when i had the dogs on raw by the end of the week the poop was a white crushable powder pile.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 27th, 2006, 3:50 pm

It starts crumbling immediatly and is gone in a matter of a day or so. No smells either. Somebody ( me) forgot to let Munkee out the other night & I don't know if he couldn't wake me up or if he didn't try ( I always wake up to him so I think he didn't try) and he pooped on the floor. It was impossible to pick up, I had to sweep it. It started to crumble as I picked it up.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » March 27th, 2006, 4:43 pm

That is great!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 6:00 pm

mnp13 wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:Feed raw & you don't have to pick up poop. :D

I've heard that, but is it true? How long does it take to disappear?

Like 2 seconds! Seriously, on days when Wally gets only his food and no treats or anything (since I still give him regular dog treats and stuff) if you sneezed it would blow away it's that dry and crumbly.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 27th, 2006, 6:47 pm

I pick it up as soon as they go so it isn't a biggy for me.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Purple » March 27th, 2006, 8:12 pm

My husband is the pooper scooper...... :poop:
Purple
I live here

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 8:41 pm

My oldest daughter is the pooper scooper.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Maryellen » March 27th, 2006, 8:48 pm

i was before i hired him.. then tonight i am thinking,, all my dogs since he has been coming have had bouts of the runs, coughing, which they never had before i hired him.. then i realized, if he is stepping in other dogs crap and coming to my house he is transferring poop from other dogs to here... my dogs never had the runs, coughing, not eating nothing prior to him coming...... so its a good thing. i have to go out and buy a scooper so that i can resume picking it up ..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 27th, 2006, 9:06 pm

We use a shovel and a hoe...I mean my husband uses a shovel and a hoe.....
Purple
I live here

Postby call2arms » March 28th, 2006, 11:52 am

The barn formula... But for some reason a hoe full of dog poop seems much more unpleasant than a hoe full of horse manure.

I don't have to scoop, I don't have a backyard... So it's poopie bags and leash for every bathroom break.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby msvette2u » March 28th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Purple wrote:We use a shovel and a hoe...I mean my husband uses a shovel and a hoe.....

:highfive:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 28th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Purple wrote:We use a shovel and a hoe...

We do too. I'm not married, so I guess we'll share poop hunt duties until then.

I guess I never knew that poop-scoop services really existed! Pay people to pick up your dog poop... We thought about paying our neighbor boy a few buck to clean up and decided that would just be plain lazy. We thought about it, though. :D
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 28th, 2006, 12:18 pm

it was great for a while, but then i started thinking, why do my dogs get sick alot more now? didnt dawn on me that the pooper man could be cross contaminating my yard if he stepped in crap at someone elses house and then walked into my yard.... i bleached the entire yard yesterday after work to try to kill whatever was living there..

yep, they do exist, some charge more per dog, some charge per how big your yard is that the dog uses, some just charge a flat fee..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 28th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Maryellen wrote:it was great for a while, but then i started thinking, why do my dogs get sick alot more now? didnt dawn on me that the pooper man could be cross contaminating my yard if he stepped in crap at someone elses house and then walked into my yard.... i bleached the entire yard yesterday after work to try to kill whatever was living there..

yep, they do exist, some charge more per dog, some charge per how big your yard is that the dog uses, some just charge a flat fee..

For a while I was going to start one of these companies. What I learned was that the shoes and the pooper scooper needed to be thoroughly disinfected in between yards. I'm wondering why he didn't do this.

And yes there are a lot of people who want this done and who will pay a good amount for it.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 28th, 2006, 1:26 pm

I can't smell, I wish I lived near a city-I would do this for a living!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 28th, 2006, 1:27 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:I can't smell, I wish I lived near a city-I would do this for a living!

City-shmitty. You need to find the rich suburbs to do this one. The bigger the yard, the more money.
SisMorphine

Next

Return to Off-Topic