she's back (and a brat)

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 2:39 pm

After a brief hiatus from flyball, Layla's back. She's crazy, and decided that she would only run if Andrew or I would box load. She was doing great, but then decided it was more fun to hang out at the box with one of us rather than run back. So we decided to start her over from scratch and make her run just like every one else :shock:

We went Thursday and tried running her again to the normal box loader, Kay. She'd run to the box, but would be very hesitant (you know, Kay might kill her when she gets here... :crazy2: ) trigger the ball and just watch it roll around. She'd strut back to the end of the lane, happy as a clam with the typical big bull smile. You could just tell she knew how to do it (she's was doing it before for a while) and she just had this cocky walk like "eh, I know how to do it...but I won't...bite me" She's super fast, so after a few days of her blowing me off, I was starting to get pissed.

Layla loves Matt, so we tried having him boxload. She ran right up, triggered the box and ran right back. All of a sudden, she decided that she would like to not be a snot anymore and she'd like to run again. All along, you could just tell she knew how to, but wouldn't. I swear, if you could see her face - you could just tell. It was so weird.

Then all of a sudden she decided "well, okay I'll do it now." So thanks Matt. :)

I think she knew Yoda was in the car... :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 2:49 pm

Ah she just loves Matt and wanted to show off for him!
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 3:00 pm

airwalk wrote:Ah she just loves Matt and wanted to show off for him!

She really does...he was trying to play with her earlier in the night - he would throw the ball at her and try to get her to play with it. She would charge at him and ignore the ball, but jump up on him and wiggle her butt at him instead. :crazy2: Crazy dog.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » May 4th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Layla is such a little ham. I can't blame her, i put on some special cologne that night .

Who could resist a guy that dives across the flyball floor like an escaped convinct :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 7:59 pm

maberi wrote:Layla is such a little ham. I can't blame her, i put on some special cologne that night .

Who could resist a guy that dives across the flyball floor like an escaped convinct :|

OOhh Uncle Matt smells like cookies, hu? An escaped convict??? who could resist.
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 8:15 pm

maberi wrote:Layla is such a little ham. I can't blame her, i put on some special cologne that night .

It's true, after seeing that dive, I can't imagine who wouldn't want to run to you. Those damn fluffy de-barked dogs. Yoda had the right idea...

Oh, and stop hitting on my dog.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » May 4th, 2008, 8:16 pm

Yes, after everyone got done running their dogs I decided to let Yoda out of the truck to run a bit.

After a run back towards me he decided to bolt towards the shelties in the corner of the building. I decided it might not be such a good idea to let Yoda latch onto a sheltie so I dove across the floor and tackled him.

When I stood up everyone was staring at me like I was completely out of my mind (little did they know that Yoda enjoys eating shelties :wink:

My elbow and knee are still bearing the scares of my rescue mission :D

airwalk wrote:

OOhh Uncle Matt smells like cookies, hu? An escaped convict??? who could resist.
maberi

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Ummm shelties Yum, he'd just take a little nibble don't you think?
airwalk
I live here

Postby Beth » May 4th, 2008, 8:23 pm

airwalk wrote:Ummm shelties Yum, he'd just take a little nibble don't you think?

Yeah, but I'm thinking the nibble may be quite a large portion of the little sheltie. :o
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby maberi » May 4th, 2008, 8:24 pm

Stupid shelties

Who in the world debarks their dog? :|
maberi

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 8:46 pm

maberi wrote:Stupid shelties

apparently dog owners that run fly ball with you guys? :| I'm thinking a nibble out of a sheltie might not be an entirely bad thing j/k
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 9:03 pm

maberi wrote:Stupid shelties

they're the most obnoxious little fluffy un-yappy things. They look like mops. Yoda is way cooler.

I won't lie though, it was quite a sight to see Matt dive and catch Yoda. I still think it would have been better for the mops to be taught a lesson...but we would have gotten in trouble. After all, we do have those child-eating dogs.. :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 9:50 pm

Somehow that visual cracks me up....non-yappy shelties are huddled together in a corner and Yoda (with all of his smiley jowls) hell bent running to them with Matt flying through the air...catching Yoda's back legs and being sledded along...hmmmm okay Kendall how did you keep from cracking up.
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 9:54 pm

keep from cracking up?

are you kidding me? i laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. luckily Yoda and Layla are almost identical sizes, so we threw Layla's harness on Yoda so he was "catchable" after that. I also stood at the end of the lane just incase Matt's super dives didn't catch him, maybe I could. :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Now a video of that, I might consider buying!
airwalk
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 10:05 pm

usually we're the only ones who think our dogs are funny. Everyone else thinks the fluffy ones are cute... :nono:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » May 4th, 2008, 10:06 pm

Ah well some folks just don't have any sense of humor!
airwalk
I live here

Postby mnp13 » May 4th, 2008, 10:08 pm

The sheltie was debarked before Jill got him.

We stopped at DOTCORNY this evening hoping that you would be there practicing... no one was there... but both the front and side doors were unlocked. not good.

I wish I had been there for the dive. Maybe someday we'll be back!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » May 4th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Sorry we missed you Michelle apparently there was no practice tonight

My arm and leg have a huge strawberry on them and I have a huge bruise on the side of my hip. I pulled my pants down today to show my wife my bruise and she looked at me like I was crazy :|
maberi

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 10:12 pm

mnp13 wrote:The sheltie was debarked before Jill got him.

We stopped at DOTCORNY this evening hoping that you would be there practicing... no one was there... but both the front and side doors were unlocked. not good.

I wish I had been there for the dive. Maybe someday we'll be back!

No practice Sundays for now. Next practice is Thursday the 15th.

I know there was independent agility from 3-5, maybe they forgot to lock the door after? Bad Heather.

Get Riggs better and come back. :dance:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Next

Return to Sports